Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
Wow, this is turning out to be awesome. Is there going be specific place to watch tournament? I don't remember reading about it or I might have skip it?

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Wow, this is turning out to be awesome. Is there going be specific place to watch tournament? I don't remember reading about it or I might have skip it?
We will have a bunch of Twitch.tv channels streaming their team's matches. I believe we will have a list when we get closer to the tournament.

Wobz

Inkling
NNID
WobzGames
We will have a bunch of Twitch.tv channels streaming their team's matches. I believe we will have a list when we get closer to the tournament.
Anyone who is going to be streaming for Ink or Sink I am putting up a stream schedule. I need your team name, twitch username, and the start time of your stream for Round 1

Protom

Pro Squid
Good point. We should get a list of channels that can potentially stream organized. If you or someone in a squad you registered can stream, plz notify us and send a link to the channels(s) (we will get on it around the time when sign ups end). Thank you, and apologies for any inconveniences caused..

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
What team is he on? This will be very intresting.
IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN COMMENTATING FOR SQUIDDERNAUTS DELTA??

Looking For:
  • 2-3 Commentators
  • One of whom that can re-stream in decent quality
Re-streaming would be to go to the squiddernauts twitch and open a pop out window and record the stream and stream it under your twitch

Commentators are important for the stream to ensure that viewers are entertained while watching the tournament; much better than just listening to game audio.

Anyone interested please reply to this post and I can give you my Skype info if need be
Oh God!!!! My freaking eyes!!!!

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
WE have a current plan to help out the Squads that only have one team entering. I cannot discolose any more information than that, but be assured that Squadss with one team will have a slight advantage to those who enter. I do mean that it is a very slight advantage.
Explain

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Can you explain the point of this? I was under the impression that each team could have 4-8 members, not 24. With this, all you're doing is limiting the amount of people, that each team can stuff into one group. You are giving teams with larger rosters, an unfair advantage, and this should not be ignored. Every team that does this, will have 6 chances of winning, 3 on the winners side, and 3 on the losers side. While smaller teams such as mine, only have 2 chances... 1 on the winners side and 1 on the losers side.
it was a point of heated debate among the committee, for quite a while. the original idea was to limit each squad to 1 team, but because this rule wasn't worded in the best way in the OP, people threw this rule out the window. we obviously don't want 3 teams from the same squad taking top 3, but we don't want to reject teams that have already gone through the proccess of registry. i'll make it a point to remind people that this is "Ink or Sink: Testfire," and the results won't be formally recorded.

The committee doesn't want to give teams with numbers a wildly unfair advantage, but we're seeing how things pan out for the first tourney.

as of now, we're debating either limiting each squad to a 2 teams of 4-8 OR having 1 team per squad, but raising the number of members or removing this cap altogether.

i hope this clears some things up.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
we're putting countermeasures in place to try and balance the gap between single teams and multi teams. we're not disclosing exactly how we're going about this because we're still working out the kinks, and we don't want people to think that signing up as a single team will give them some sort of advantage over multi-team squads. we're putting things in place to just thin the gap.

these countermeasures are not directly related to gameplay in any way.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Last edited:

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.