Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordJackal

Inkling
NNID
lordjackal92
I can guarantee that trying to do the entire tournament in two days would backfire horrendously. These aren't 64 teams of professionals who have been paid to abandon their lives for two specific days, we wouldn't even get close to finished.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Yeah part of the reason a lot of people signed up for this (myself included) was that the 48 hours per round gave some great flexibility for teams and kept the thing less of a huge commitment for people that had other things going on. Saturday's already a mess with splatfest happening, I know a lot of teams wont want to play if they're stuck in splatfest tees.I know you guys are trying to have this be a big event for finals, but what about pushing finals back to next weekend like you were planning for the tourney and giving people time to complete all the rounds up to finals through the weekend and week?

Also, what's the ruling going to be if two teams can't meet for their matches, do both get kicked out? Is one randomly given the win?

DC~Zolairx

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zolairx
Team Name: Dreamscamion
Team Leader: Zolairx and Agito
Skype of team leader: Zolairxdt
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6): Zolairx: Zolairx / Agito: aagitoo2 ( Yes 2 player I think it's not a problem :) )
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): DC
Can anyone stream on your team stream. If so on twitch? (Yes/No): No
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Yes
Main timezone of team: CEst.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Okay so here is the plan everyone. We are going to revert back to our two day per round thing. Like many people know, we were trying to get some high quality streamers for that Sunday to stream the finals, but in all of the TO's honest opnion, there is no way we can get to finals that fast. It's just too hard.

So we have decided to go back to the two day schedule thing because it seemed like a good idea and still is a good idea. So I'm glad to say that we will be keeping that rule.

However, we have not decided about the starting date yet. We are most likely going to push it back due to people having to be looked into their splatfest tees which can definitely mess up some combinations people have. Like I said, we still have not decided on an official start date and we will try to reach one by the end of the day.

We are sorry that we are changing all of the plans, but this splatfest is causing a lot of trouble. If you just be patient for a little bit longer we will be able to come out with great results! Thanks everyone for participating and we can't wait to start!

Last edited:

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
Okay so here is the plan everyone. We are going to revert back to our two day per round thing. Like many people know, we were trying to get some high quality streamers for that Sunday to stream the finals, but in all of the TO's honest opnion, there is no way we can get to finals that fast. It's just too hard.

So we have decided to go back to the two day schedule thing because it seemed like a good idea and still is a good idea. So I'm glad to say that we will be keeping that rule.

However, we have not decided about the starting date yet. We are most likely going to push it back due to people having to be looked into their splatfest tees which can definitely mess up some combinations people have. Like I said, we still have not decided on an official start date and we will try to reach one by the end of the day.

We are sorry that we are changing all of the plans, but this splatfest is causing a lot of trouble. If you just be patient for a little bit longer we will be able to come out with great results! Thanks everyone for participating and we can't wait to start!
If I could like this post a million times I would

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
A slight scheduling suggestion: Instead of pushing the whole tournament back, why don't you make the first round's limit 3 days, instead of just 2, since the Splatfest scraps 1 day.

Also, I might suggest that if team captains agree, they can play their match early, just as long as the match is done by the date listed.

Just a few suggestions.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
A slight scheduling suggestion: Instead of pushing the whole tournament back, why don't you make the first round's limit 3 days, instead of just 2, since the Splatfest scraps 1 day.

Also, I might suggest that if team captains agree, they can play their match early, just as long as the match is done by the date listed.

Just a few suggestions.
I like those ideas. I will bring them up to the other TO's

Symph

Full Squid
NNID
Symphonia46

Just a few suggestions.
The EU's Splatfest will be happening on the 8th as well so that scraps two days. We might as well push this tournament back.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
The EU's Splatfest will be happening on the 8th as well so that scraps two days. We might as well push this tournament back.
But the EU Splatfest takes place during the same timeframe as the NA one, because of Timezones. Right?

EDIT: Yeah, so basically the EU Splatfest starts at 7 PM CEST, or 10 AM PT. The NA Splatfest begins at 9PM PT on 8/7, and the EU Splatfest will end on 8/9 at 10 AM PT. So, about 36 hours where there will be splatfest conflicts. With an extra day for the first round, that gives 1 full day after the splatfest for the first round. I think that's doable.

lol assuming I did my math right. Correct me if I'm wrong please :P

Last edited:

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
So wait, is there no longer going to be a stream for the top matches? Because I think that was a great idea. I agree with ktkres. Just say that all rounds up until whatever must be done by Sunday at like 7 EST or whatever, but don't give a start date. We already know who we are playing, and we have the ability to start playing them on Wednesday. That should give us more than enough time to get everything done

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
So wait, is there no longer going to be a stream for the top matches? Because I think that was a great idea. I agree with ktkres. Just say that all rounds up until whatever must be done by Sunday at like 7 EST or whatever, but don't give a start date. We already know who we are playing, and we have the ability to start playing them on Wednesday. That should give us more than enough time to get everything done
ah I like this idea :) Problem is communication would ahve to be so on spot, and, well, at this time, that is the troublesome part.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
It's great to see how well turnout has been so far for this. I'm glad it seems like Splatoon competitive will at least have a niche in the gaming community, hopefully well into the future. Good luck to everyone participating, and keep up the good work TOs!

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
According to this [link], the developers of Splatoon want Splatfests to occur about once every 3 weeks. Maybe you can take that into consideration when scheduling tournaments from now on.
That will definitely happen from now on! Thanks for the link and we will make sure that tournaments are better run in the future.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Hello again everyone!! I am pleased to announce that we have fixed the starting date problem mostly. We have come up with two plans based on whether or not splatfest allows private lobbies.

Thanks to @RocketClauncher we have made a schedule for the tournament and we are proudly able to now show it to you.

Remember that those dates can be changed based on how fast the rounds go. We have put rounds into sections based on how many matchups/teams there are in each.

Here is the link to the schedule.

We hope that everyone will be okay with the new itinerary for the tournament and remember that the schedule CAN be changed. Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks for the patience and we look forward to the splatting!

Last edited:

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Hello again everyone!! I am pleased to announce that we have fixed the starting date problem mostly. We have come up with two plans based on whether or not splatfest allows private lobbies.

Thanks to @RocketClauncher we have made a schedule for the tournament and we are proudly able to now show it to you.

Remember that those dates can be changed based on how fast the rounds go. We have put rounds into sections based on how many matchups/teams there are in each.

Here is the link to the bracket.

We hope that everyone will be okay with the new itinerary for the tournament and remember that the schedule CAN be changed. Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks for the patience and we look forward to the splatting!
Nice, just a heads up tho about the delay of game rule.
Since you have 2 days to complete the round most likely each team will recommend a certain time period. Should neither be able to make that, either team could say that the other team caused the delay but I unfortunately have no idea how to settle this. Perhaps whoever recommended the most times with move on? But sounds like something that could be taken advantage of? Lol again, thank you guys for being the TO's of the first tourney cuz there is a lot to think about xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom