Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
That will definitely happen from now on! Thanks for the link and we will make sure that tournaments are better run in the future.
Don't worry about it! The changes you made look great. We're very luck to have a tournament this early, it makes me wish I could join a team :(.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Nice, just a heads up tho about the delay of game rule.
Since you have 2 days to complete the round most likely each team will recommend a certain time period. Should neither be able to make that, either team could say that the other team caused the delay but I unfortunately have no idea how to settle this. Perhaps whoever recommended the most times with move on? But sounds like something that could be taken advantage of? Lol again, thank you guys for being the TO's of the first tourney cuz there is a lot to think about xD
We currently have ideas on how to handle this. Hopefully two days will be enough time to sit down and play 30 mins of a game xD

Nihabz

Banned (6 points)
This tournament is going to be a disaster with all these rule changes and delays

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Hello again everyone!! I am pleased to announce that we have fixed the starting date problem mostly. We have come up with two plans based on whether or not splatfest allows private lobbies.

Thanks to @RocketClauncher we have made a schedule for the tournament and we are proudly able to now show it to you.

Remember that those dates can be changed based on how fast the rounds go. We have put rounds into sections based on how many matchups/teams there are in each.

Here is the link to the schedule.

We hope that everyone will be okay with the new itinerary for the tournament and remember that the schedule CAN be changed. Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks for the patience and we look forward to the splatting!
If my team can get the first round done on the 7th before splatfest even begins ill be happy. I really dont want to give my team a loss due to splatfest and me not being near a wii u from the 9th to the 13th. so i guess things will have to work out somehow....

actually if the other team doesnt comply with playing before splatfest begins ive literally put my own team in losers brackets. one can hope

Last edited:

RocketClauncher

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RocketClauncher
Can these matches be completed before their supposed starting date? (For example Winners Round 3 on the 9th instead of 12th-14th.) Or are the rounds strictly to their set dates? It would be annoying if the latter was the case...
That's our hope! Right at the bottom of the schedule is the ready to play rule. Basically, if teams are ready, the earlier and quicker the matches get done the better! The set dates are just the restrictions for when matches MUST be completed by.

Toufool

Inkling
NNID
Toufool
Trying again, but please make these name changes to Team Inquiry when you can.

Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-7): Tou, NNID: Toufool | Fasch, NNID: Faschz | 4Strd, NNID: Forstride | Swiff, NNID: Swiffy | Shado, NNID: Shado_Chimera

Thank you!

Mr.HawK

The Artist
;)
That's our hope! Right at the bottom of the schedule is the ready to play rule. Basically, if teams are ready, the earlier and quicker the matches get done the better! The set dates are just the restrictions for when matches MUST be completed by.
Quick question, are you in sector Z? Cuz if so we'd like to talk about scheduling and such on th 7th

I'm calling it now, one of the Imperious teams is going to win ;).
expect the unexpected ;)

Gunster25

Pro Squid
Thanks, I didn't see that

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
We currently have ideas on how to handle this. Hopefully two days will be enough time to sit down and play 30 mins of a game xD
48 hours is pretty tight - it's okay for weekends but it's punishing for weekday matchups. Let me do some number twiddling...

Reference times provided in GMT

Let's examine work hours first
Hours my team cannot play: 10:30PM - 9:30 AM (Equivalent to 8AM to 7PM locally, accounts for getting ready for work and transit)

What's that? That's already 11 hours of the day that my team cannot make matches for - nearly half of the day! And that doesn't begin to account for other work or family commitments each member of the team may have.

Preferred sleeping hours are let's say 2AM to 7AM locally. So that leaves the following window my team can play in:

9:30AM GMT to 4:30PM GMT plus maaaaaybe an hour gap before work (9:30PM - 10:30PM GMT, with the risk that we might then all be late for work in the morning)

These times correspond to 5:30AM to 12:30PM EDT. These are times that an opposing team is unlikely to be able to make if they work regular 9-5 jobs, unless they're willing to wake up especially early to fit in the tournament and also not risk being late for work.

Now I've woken up at odd hours of the morning to participate in tournaments before, but that's been on weekends when I haven't had to front up to work in the morning and have been able to crawl back into bed afterwards. They've also been for tournaments where the rounds have been given a fortnight for matches to be arranged and we still have only managed to find a weekend date at a ludicrous local hour for both teams to be able to have everyone available.

Illustrated view here: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=0,22,5,8&h=0&date=2015-8-6&sln=9.5-16.5

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
I'm willing to give it a shot but I really hope you'll forgive my skepticism. Maybe many teams will manage it, but I know that personally I have some days coming up where I will have only a couple hours free out of a 48 hour window.

I can certainly find an hour spare to play a game of Splatoon. But finding a window that aligns with 7 other people is what concerns me.

Edit: Also depending on when matches end, I could be asleep when the opposing team captain messages me to tee up a match. We could easily lose a few hours out of the 48 hours right there.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
If you're that pressed for time, then you shouldn't have signed up for the tournament. Your team has 6 members. If you can't find a time when four of those six are free for 30 minutes, that's on you.

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
If you're that pressed for time, then you shouldn't have signed up for the tournament. Your team has 6 members. If you can't find a time when four of those six are free for 30 minutes, that's on you.
I am sure we can find a time that's fine for all of us as we're in the same time zone.

But then finding a time that our opposing team is available for is the concern, as a time that's good for us will be bad for them and vice versa.

You're probably right and we shouldn't have signed up. (At the time I signed up I thought it was going to be a mad weekend of running through the bracket, which my team was up for because we could rock up at a set time, lose our two matches and get back into bed) But if all tournaments are going to be modeled after this one then it seems our team will never get a chance to participate under this kind of ruleset.

If it gets closer to the date and the rules stay as they are (and no hard feelings if they do) I'll withdraw our team to make room for another one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom