• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Hey everybody!
The first ever Online World Splatoon tournament will be starting today! It's going to take a bit (2 days for each round) but should still be a lot of fun! 380+ people are participating, with some of the very best in there, a lot of the big Splatoon streamers you have heard of, and even commentators you know for the last few rounds.
Why am I bringing this up? Well besides that it should be very exciting, the tournament has already come into the problem of their not being Spectator mode (difficult to stream, and even then you only get 2 perspectives). The TO's are actually part of the movement and will help use this huge tournament to spread some word on the need for a spectator mode. Nothing too major but when they do stream and if you see that they have made a tweet or post about Spectator mode get on it and retweet! Let's give it that exposure so Splatoon can get a Spectator mode
:D

And hope you are all loving the new Splatoon update

https://www.facebook.com/SplatoonLANandSpectatorModeMovement/timeline

Thanks,
RoyLee

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Do you know if any matches have taken place yet?
We have not recived the scores of any matches, however I do know that a lot of the matches are starting later today. Mine is starting later today as well.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Just a question for thought. I know that the current tournament hasn't even started, but would you Squids like to see a continuation of the Ink or Sink tournaments in the future? I know as TO's we would love to keep them going, but we would like to hear from you guys, so, should IoS keep going?

Thoughts?

Ivy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
godwit1ivy
Just a question for thought. I know that the current tournament hasn't even started, but would you Squids like to see a continuation of the Ink or Sink tournaments in the future? I know as TO's we would love to keep them going, but we would like to hear from you guys, so, should IoS keep going?

Thoughts?
Lets get through this weekend and see how it shakes out, but of course I welcome any sort of large scale tournaments

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion

Thoughts?
If love to see more tournaments. I brainstorming a tournament where only the top 16 or 32 teams compete and call it "Ink or Sink: Predator" because our community is aquatically themed. It'd motivate teams to rise to the top even more and it'd draw the attention from spectators.

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
I may commentate a few matches (if I can get a streaming set-up to work, and if we have time!), so I'm excited for this tourney! Can't wait to see all the great players I can't compete with myself! Good luck!

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks

Thoughts?
Yes

AGES

Full Squid
NNID
Snicks

Thoughts?
Depends if this tourney goes well, although I'm sure there will need to be some changes to rules and such to make this a successful series

Hope this one is successful either way :p

Forstride

Inkling
NNID
Forstride

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer

Thoughts?
I'd love to see them continue. It would be nice to have a monthly tournament to count on, like you've said previously. Once we get the kinks worked out, it'll be nice to see how it works.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
BTW, the tournament has started and there has only been one match. THIS IS NO FUN. WHERE IS THE FUN? SHOW ME THE BEEF!

but we still have to see if it forces you for private battle, cuz you can change anything while in there which is great
it's splatfest I highliy doubt it

When does the tourney start, 5pm or 6pm EST ?
We'd like to begin our match ASAP.
you can start now if ya want. our team has already finished round one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom