• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Just watched the past broadcast of our match against IM on @flc 's Twitch.

Gotta admit lag was an issue for both Kizume and me for your team.
As the host of the room, I didn't felt it a lot on my part though (except when you sniped me and I though I escaped behind a wall quickly enough). Physical distance and my bandwitch that is not the best are probably the cause. I often host private rooms when I play with my team, we don't have much trouble lag-wise, I though it was going to be alright. I think I'll let someone with optic fiber host the private rooms for us for the rest of the tournament.

As for Kizume, I think it might be someone using more or less of his bandwidth at the same time. Gotta make sure it doesn't happen again.

I hope we'll get a rematch some time later. Our aiming as snipers Boolerex and I was way too off lmao, Goomba and Kizume completely carried the games for us.

As for the end of game 5, I spammed my splash bombs with bomb rush on the zone until victory. Kreygasm
But for some reason, probably lag coupled with framerate drops, it seems it was not displayed properly from your point of view.
Tell Goomba to switch his octobrush to 2 damage ups instead of 1 for 2 hit kills.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
I feel framerate drops are worse since the update. Have never had a problem till the new update hit tbh.
ive not experienced that much frame rate lag since the update. Accoriding to someone who emailed nintendo (again) says that the online connection issues have actually reached the head offices and are going to be fixing it soon. so maybe we will see some improvemnets in the rainmaker update

RocketClauncher

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RocketClauncher
Hey guys,

Small reminder about team member substitutions/replacements/add-ons.

We've gotten a few different questions from leaders wondering if team members can be switched out for someone else due to various situations. We understand that some members have dropped since moving to losers bracket, or have gone on vacation and won't be back til X amount of days. The main reason we increased the roster to 8 members a team was to try to solve this problem. Some of the smaller teams will have a bit tougher time coordinating matches because of availability.

As it stands in the rules however, substitutions and replacements can not be made. What you entered for your roster is your roster.

The reason this rule needs to exist is because without it, there is a huge gray area on when and how replacements can be made.

Think of it like a sports team. Once you are in the playoffs, you aren't allowed to add members to your roster, or trade for other players.

Ideally, you could just substitute or add on really good players that would make it an unfair advantage against the other team who did not add another player.

We hope you understand why this rule is what it is, any questions or more specific situations let me know and I'll do my best to solve things!

Good luck in round two!

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Hey guys,

Small reminder about team member substitutions/replacements/add-ons.

We've gotten a few different questions from leaders wondering if team members can be switched out for someone else due to various situations. We understand that some members have dropped since moving to losers bracket, or have gone on vacation and won't be back til X amount of days. The main reason we increased the roster to 8 members a team was to try to solve this problem. Some of the smaller teams will have a bit tougher time coordinating matches because of availability.

As it stands in the rules however, substitutions and replacements can not be made. What you entered for your roster is your roster.

The reason this rule needs to exist is because without it, there is a huge gray area on when and how replacements can be made.

Think of it like a sports team. Once you are in the playoffs, you aren't allowed to add members to your roster, or trade for other players.

Ideally, you could just substitute or add on really good players that would make it an unfair advantage against the other team who did not add another player.

We hope you understand why this rule is what it is, any questions or more specific situations let me know and I'll do my best to solve things!

Good luck in round two!
This.

I totally agree with this, if X group will have Y amount of teams then they need to plan way in advance when forming it. You cant just toss people together and expect it to work, however id be lying if i said i wasnt guilty of that :p

either way if people drop out then back ups are necessary, no, they should be REQUIRED because personal things im a players life will come ip and there need to be an action plan in case that happens. Which is why im glad we are acknowleging this now so that when the tourneys get bigger and better we know how to prepare.

And practice, seriously just practice with other teams its way better than getting spanked online in squad battles because at least you will have an idea as to what kind of players you might face in competition. Also for any players or groups who might feel as though they cant seem to hit the mark do t be afraid to ask guys like us in squid squad, SND, DEG, rainbow alliance, or others for match advice and practices to help increase your knowledge and skill. WE WILL and WE WANT to help you.

DashEmeth

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dashemeth
I can understand that swapping players isn't allowed, but why can't we at least add an 8th player to our basic roster? Others clans have 8 players and we have 7, there's nothing wrong at completing our roster.

Ultramus

Pro Squid
Dash, leaving spots open and adding players at a later time basically means you can have an infinite roster, you could start with 4 players, and depending on who you felt you needed from that point you could add players in, having as many as you wanted on standby. It also encourages teams to register with fewer players in the hopes they can add additional ones as the tournament progresses, meaning that you may have 4 mans taking slots away from 4-8 player teams who focused on getting their roster locked in before tourney start.

Ultimately, and it may be harsh to say and I mean no offense to anyone by it, but it is the responsibility of the team captain to be confident in his roster. Unfortunately if you end up with flakey players or ones that are inconsistent, then overall your team was less prepared than others and should rightfully be disadvantages in that regard. I've lost tournaments IRL because I had a no show and it sucked hard, but now I'm much more picky on who I select for a team and that they are committed to being reliable squad members.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Dash, leaving spots open and adding players at a later time basically means you can have an infinite roster, you could start with 4 players, and depending on who you felt you needed from that point you could add players in, having as many as you wanted on standby. It also encourages teams to register with fewer players in the hopes they can add additional ones as the tournament progresses, meaning that you may have 4 mans taking slots away from 4-8 player teams who focused on getting their roster locked in before tourney start.

Ultimately, and it may be harsh to say and I mean no offense to anyone by it, but it is the responsibility of the team captain to be confident in his roster. Unfortunately if you end up with flakey players or ones that are inconsistent, then overall your team was less prepared than others and should rightfully be disadvantages in that regard. I've lost tournaments IRL because I had a no show and it sucked hard, but now I'm much more picky on who I select for a team and that they are committed to being reliable squad members.
Ultramus is right.
For a TL;DR of his post, it is basically a system that could mercilessly be abused. It works in the NFL because everybody there are already the greatest players in the world, so a new guy is no real threat.

ssupermario92

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ssupermario92
Squid Squad Diamonds gets a freewin from us (Wii Elite Clan). We tried to play our match, but massive lag and tons of DCs made it impossible. Unfortunately for us we don't have that much time anymore because it's already pretty late here in Germany, so there's no way we could reschedule it. GGs tho SSD and good luck for your further matches :)

btw, look at that lag xD something like this never happened to me before in Splatoon.

holy ****....

my condolences, for real.

@DashEmeth ggs tho, even tho im a lil late

Protox

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ProtoxFox
3-1 to Squid Squad Diamonds. GGs and sorry for the constant switching of our team, we just kept having net issues and people needing to leave

Again sorry for our issues and good luck in the top bracket.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Squid Squad Diamonds gets a freewin from us (Wii Elite Clan). We tried to play our match, but massive lag and tons of DCs made it impossible. Unfortunately for us we don't have that much time anymore because it's already pretty late here in Germany, so there's no way we could reschedule it. GGs tho SSD and good luck for your further matches :)

btw, look at that lag xD something like this never happened to me before in Splatoon.

Uh which persons lag is that because that's straight up game breaking.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I don't know if this is the place to say it, but just wanted to say gg, your team had great coordination
i dont think we'll get banned for it *looks at mods cautiously*
but yah thx a bunch. We actually got our butts kicked and learned how important communication was, so very fortunate that happened. Good luck in the tournament and hope to see you guys in the next one :)

Protom

Pro Squid
Hi guys. Winners Round 1 has finished, and data collecting has been going pretty smoothly, but I'm missing pics from a few sets. If any of you have pics/vids from any of these, please notify me ASAP:

Team Quetzalcoatl VS. Name Subject to Change
Sprayze Red VS. The A Team
Divine Pheonix VS. Squids Next Door X
Squid Squad Spades VS. イカ部 (Squid Club)
Inkopolis Rejects VS. Cosmic Galaxies
Squiddernauts Beta VS. Booyah Base Rejects
Squids Next Door Y VS. Squid Special Forces
The Squidicide Squad VS. Tentacle Difficulties
NSquared Squid Squad VS. Fresh Squids of Bel Air
Wii Elite Clan VS. Squid Squad Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies.