• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuxLuxora

Full Squid
NNID
LuxLuxora
Throwing down an application in hopes that we can participate. Members are currently not final and will be edited.

Team Name: Blooper Ink
Team Leader: LuxLuxora
Skype of team leader: LuxLuxora
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6):
ы Luxora || Luxora48 || @LuxLuxora
ы _Red_X_ || WhiteKnight32 || @_Red_X_
ы CullenDaGaDee || CullenDaGaDee ||
ы TheFreightrain || @TheFreightrain
Rest is to be determined.
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): ы
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): Yes.
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Yes.
Main timezone of team: EST
I've already asked to swap out one member for another since I only initially registered with 4 players. I now request yet /another/ swap. Replacing the beloved Mowse out for Cullen. Mowse is no longer part of the team due to health issues.

Protom

Pro Squid
3-1 to Squid Squad Diamonds. GGs and sorry for the constant switching of our team, we just kept having net issues and people needing to leave

Again sorry for our issues and good luck in the top bracket.
Images are broken ;)

Protom

Pro Squid
(Reposting because it got buried at the bottom of last page)

Hi guys. Winners Round 1 has finished, and data collecting has been going pretty smoothly, but I'm missing pics from a few sets. If any of you have pics/vids from any of these, please notify me ASAP:

Sprayze Red VS. The A Team
Divine Pheonix VS. Squids Next Door X
Inkopolis Rejects VS. Cosmic Galaxies
Squiddernauts Beta VS. Booyah Base Rejects
Squids Next Door Y VS. Squid Special Forces
The Squidicide Squad VS. Tentacle Difficulties
NSquared Squid Squad VS. Fresh Squids of Bel Air
Wii Elite Clan VS. Squid Squad Diamonds

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
Team Queulorior beat Sprayze Blue 3-2 in winners round 2. What a comeback guys! I'll provide screenshots soon, unless the other team does so before me

Vylegrove

Inkling
NNID
Ezreal253
Squid Squad Spades beat Divine Pheonix 3-0.
imgur.com/a/PrNM0

EDIT: Forgot the bans
Round 1: SS-S bans Urchin, DP bans Saltspray and Blackbelly, SS-S bans Arowana mall.
Round 2: SS-S bans Urchin, Arowana, and Skatepark. DP chooses kelp dome
Round 3: SS-S bans Urchin, Arowana, and Skatepark. DP chooses port makeral

Last edited:

Axios

Inkling
NNID
Atlasgod
There is so much favoritism in this tournament it's sickening.

LuxLuxora, I don't know why you think you deserve special treatment. Did you not see Rocketclauncher's post on the previous page that says "substitutions and replacements can not be made"? The fact that you've already swapped out a member demonstrates that the TOs have already allowed you to break the rules once when the denied @DashEmeth the exact same request on page 21.

Look at page 19. Wii Elite Clan attempts to add people to their roster after the tournament began and immediately gets called out for it. But Flying_Tortoise does this just 4 posts later and just because he's well known nobody says anything. Wow, just wow. The teams who've attempted to register members after the tournament has already started needs to make the screenshots of their match public to show that none of the people they've registered late have actually participated. Time to come clean, no more secret favoritism by the TOs.

But here's the worst part. The bracket was not randomized. Rather, it was rigged to begin with. For starters, look at post #180 on page 5. There, a TO responds to the concern that larger squads have an inherent advantage over smaller squads due to them being able to enter 3 teams. The TOs say not to worry, as they have a countermeasure planned that will balance things out. Not only did this countermeasure never occur, but they've completely rigged the tournament bracket in favor of the larger squads. Need proof? Look at the positioning of the following teams on the bracket: Alliance Rainbow (3 teams), Imperious (2 teams), Squid Squad (3 teams), iK Splash (2 teams), Inkopolis Underground (2 teams), Squids Next Door (3 teams). Notice anything unusual?

Every single one of those teams has been placed in a separate quadrant from its allied team(s).

The odds of all 15 squad affiliated teams being placed in a separate quadrant from their allied team is 1 in 32768, or essentially zero. Ever wonder why the TOs said they would stream the final tournament randomization live but didn't? This tournament was deliberately rigged from the start against individual teams.

TOs, you've got some serious explaining to do.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
There is so much favoritism in this tournament it's sickening.

LuxLuxora, I don't know why you think you deserve special treatment. Did you not see Rocketclauncher's post on the previous page that says "substitutions and replacements can not be made"? The fact that you've already swapped out a member demonstrates that the TOs have already allowed you to break the rules once when the denied @DashEmeth the exact same request on page 21.

Look at page 19. Wii Elite Clan attempts to add people to their roster after the tournament began and immediately gets called out for it. But Flying_Tortoise does this just 4 posts later and just because he's well known nobody says anything. Wow, just wow. The teams who've attempted to register members after the tournament has already started needs to make the screenshots of their match public to show that none of the people they've registered late have actually participated. Time to come clean, no more secret favoritism by the TOs.

But here's the worst part. The bracket was not randomized. Rather, it was rigged to begin with. For starters, look at post #180 on page 5. There, a TO responds to the concern that larger squads have an inherent advantage over smaller squads due to them being able to enter 3 teams. The TOs say not to worry, as they have a countermeasure planned that will balance things out. Not only did this countermeasure never occur, but they've completely rigged the tournament bracket in favor of the larger squads. Need proof? Look at the positioning of the following teams on the bracket: Alliance Rainbow (3 teams), Imperious (2 teams), Squid Squad (3 teams), iK Splash (2 teams), Inkopolis Underground (2 teams), Squids Next Door (3 teams). Notice anything unusual?

Every single one of those teams has been placed in a separate quadrant from its allied team(s).

The odds of all 15 squad affiliated teams being placed in a separate quadrant from their allied team is 1 in 32768, or essentially zero. Ever wonder why the TOs said they would stream the final tournament randomization live but didn't? This tournament was deliberately rigged from the start against individual teams.

TOs, you've got some serious explaining to do.
I think you're looking way more into this than is necessary. There isn't some kind of huge conspiracy going on here.

For instance: I was the one who "called out" WEC for wanting to add another member after the tournament had started. Now, flying_tortoise is a good friend of mine, and he tried to add more members as well. Why didn't I call him out as well? Was it favoritism because he's my friend?

FUCK NO

It's because I'd already said something and it didn't need to be said again.

Now let's talk about the bracket, huh? Let's assume for a minute that you're correct in assuming that it wasn't randomized (I can't say one way or another). That means they actually seeded the bracket, which is a good thing. Now, those teams don't have to play each other in round one, an outcome nobody would have liked.

Get your goddamn conspiracy theories out of here

Mr.HawK

The Artist
I think you're looking way more into this than is necessary. There isn't some kind of huge conspiracy going on here.

For instance: I was the one who "called out" WEC for wanting to add another member after the tournament had started. Now, flying_tortoise is a good friend of mine, and he tried to add more members as well. Why didn't I call him out as well? Was it favoritism because he's my friend?

**** NO

It's because I'd already said something and it didn't need to be said again.

Now let's talk about the bracket, huh? Let's assume for a minute that you're correct in assuming that it wasn't randomized (I can't say one way or another). That means they actually seeded the bracket, which is a good thing. Now, those teams don't have to play each other in round one, an outcome nobody would have liked.

Get your goddamn conspiracy theories out of here
we should probably not make to much of a big deal out of this. Lets just play some sploon

Last edited:

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Any more arguments or flaming will result in consequences. If there are issues report and move on. Please don't start shouting at each other like children, I already see too much of that. I don't care who is in the right or wrong this thread isn't the place for it.

Axios

Inkling
NNID
Atlasgod
Sure Kat, I think I'll just report the issue and move on. Where should I report the issue that the TOs have rigged the tournament? I thought this would be the obvious thread, but since you disagree, let me know what would be the better option.

Aweshucks, I can respond to you in PM if you'd like.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Sure Kat, I think I'll just report the issue and move on. Where should I report the issue that the TOs have rigged the tournament? I thought this would be the obvious thread, but since you disagree, let me know what would be the better option.
You've voiced your opinion that the tourney is rigged but that's basically all you can do for now outside of talking to TOs or mods which should have been done really before making out and out claims. It's their tournament and complaints have been minimal so far. The TOs have put in a tremendous amount of work pulling this all together with minimal help and it's been clarified it's a test run with nothing actually riding on this whatsoever so at the moment a degree of slack is required for the TOs. I'd add more weight to your claims if the presence of an alt wasn't so obvious.

My advice will always be if you have concerns please voice them to these things called moderators who's job it is to sort out this exact thing.

FlareHabanero

Increases the Excitement
Keep in mind that this is all a "prototype", hence the "Testfire" subtitle. All this is testing the water (ink?) to see what works and what doesn't, and there's technically no reward for winning anyway. Criticisms are fine in this regard (like the D/C problems I complained about), but don't attack.

Ultramus

Pro Squid
This is certainly a testfire and thus it does no good to be unnecessarily hostile. However it is a fair point to bring up. Clans submitting multiple teams should in the future not receive special seeding unless there were qualifiers that justified that seeding. Larger clans already have the advantage of more resources to scrim with. Placing them selectively gives clans fielding multiple teams a much better shot at victory over ones fielding just 1-2 teams. No one likes teamkills but that is the risk you take sending in more than 1 team. We want to maintain accessibility to newcomers in tournaments, and seeding same clan teams apart from each other is not really justifiable except as a courtesy to the larger clans.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
This is certainly a testfire and thus it does no good to be unnecessarily hostile. However it is a fair point to bring up. Clans submitting multiple teams should in the future not receive special seeding unless there were qualifiers that justified that seeding. Larger clans already have the advantage of more resources to scrim with. Placing them selectively gives clans fielding multiple teams a much better shot at victory over ones fielding just 1-2 teams. No one likes teamkills but that is the risk you take sending in more than 1 team. We want to maintain accessibility to newcomers in tournaments, and seeding same clan teams apart from each other is not really justifiable except as a courtesy to the larger clans.
The complaints are justified and I do understand what is being said. Raising these concerns in this manner is absolutely fine but making an alternate account to make badly mannered claims without much consideration for other positive factors related towards the tournament isn't too justified. Any concerns should be brought up in a much more civilised way, mentioned to a TO or mentioned to an mod.

Please keep all posts on this thread civil and related to the tournament.
Any continuation of this topic doesn't contribute to the current running of the tournament and should be left for feedback at a later date after the conclusion of the event.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom