• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradise

Inkling
NNID
ES-Paradise
Given that winners Semi's is supposed to be completed today and Squid Squad Spades still does not have an opponent to compete against I would like to know how the tournament will handle this situation; Deg/C- are now almost 3 days past the deadline to complete there match.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
I regret to inform you all that @ZypkerGaming has taken a bystander role in Inkopolis Underground. We were just informed this morning. (Hopefully you'll be back buddy. We miss you).

Why am I posting this here? This means that we would like him taken off the team A roster

AS FOR THE CURRENT TIME, I will take a lead managing role with Team A. I am not asking to be added to the roster. I am asking for all communication to be done through me. My skype: live:ktkres_1

I am panicking right now. Please understand.

I will see everything at 3:15 EST or so. We're trying to get a match done.

@RoyLee if you see this first, I've already contacted you on skype.

Last edited:

BlueNSL

Inkling
NNID
BlueNSL
Squid Squad Diamonds forfeits their match against Alliance Rainbow 3. We are unable to play within a reasonable timeframe and would like to have the tournament finish sometime soon.
Good luck to AR3 in the matches ahead.

Power

Inkling Commander
21st is the deadline, but losers bracket is taking forever unfortunately. There will likely be a delay.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
21st is the deadline, but losers bracket is taking forever unfortunately. There will likely be a delay.
Well ovr and cosmic galaxies are playing today, but one match in losers round three STILL hasn't been completed (glitch vs A team). That needs to happen so losers R4 can finish up. Clubs and Imperious2 play today so after that happens winners will officially start being delayed by DEG and C- not playing.

Power

Inkling Commander
All night I heard that Glitch vs A team had finished, but I never received a game by game score so I could not input the results. I hear DEG vs C- will occur today, not sure what time exactly. Losers bracket is the only part I am actually worried about.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
All night I heard that Glitch vs A team had finished, but I never received a game by game score so I could not input the results. I hear DEG vs C- will occur today, not sure what time exactly. Losers bracket is the only part I am actually worried about.
According to DQ rules they should have been disqualified three days ago, it really isn't acceptable to delay your match five days. It doesn't even seem like they care that they are delaying the whole losers bracket if they didn't even bother to post or pm results if they actually did play last night.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
The only reason that losers is taking so long is that you guys have requested the rounds be played in the span of 3 days. I don't think most people realized this. Most people think that they have 48 hours per round. This is not the case.

Imo, future tournaments should take place in one all-inclusive weekend. Maybe 2 weekends. Especially after seeing how this worked out.
If you can't make it during these times, don't sign up. That's it.

Please get your matches done. There are many other tournaments coming up this weekend and in the near future and I'd like to not worry about scheduling conflicts.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Well ovr and cosmic galaxies are playing today, but one match in losers round three STILL hasn't been completed (glitch vs A team). That needs to happen so losers R4 can finish up. Clubs and Imperious2 play today so after that happens winners will officially start being delayed by DEG and C- not playing.
Roylee said thatbthey had until midnight last night to contact him about a match and if neither team reached out then it would be a double DQ. Theyve had days to do this and unfortunately nothing has happened so GGs

Power

Inkling Commander
According to DQ rules they should have been disqualified three days ago, it really isn't acceptable to delay your match five days. It doesn't even seem like they care that they are delaying the whole losers bracket if they didn't even bother to post or pm results if they actually did play last night.
True, I will admit that we have been rather lenient with teams in the tourney. Apologies for that.

The only reason that losers is taking so long is that you guys have requested the rounds be played in the span of 3 days. I don't think most people realized this. Most people think that they have 48 hours per round. This is not the case.

Imo, future tournaments should take place in one all-inclusive weekend. Maybe 2 weekends. Especially after seeing how this worked out.
If you can't make it during these times, don't sign up. That's it.

Please get your matches done. There are many other tournaments coming up this weekend and in the near future and I'd like to not worry about scheduling conflicts.
Yeah the long schedule that we did this time doesn't seem to work. Condensing the event seems like a much more plausible idea. Misunderstanding here and there has also caused great problems during the tourney, so we have to work on clarification also and be more strict.

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
C- and DEG pm'd a tournament admin last week to check if it was alright to have an extension on their match due to conflicting timezones and school starting this week. The answer was yes, on the condition that their match would definitely be completed by Thursday.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
C- and DEG pm'd a tournament admin last week to check if it was alright to have an extension on their match due to conflicting timezones and school starting this week. The answer was yes, on the condition that their match would definitely be completed by Thursday.
WHAT. you do realise that this pushes the tournament back as far as finals are concerned? SS Spades doesnt have an opponent and having them play semis ON THE LAST DAY is absolutely crazy. not to mention that the NEXT Ink or Sink happens the day after grand finals

Paradise

Inkling
NNID
ES-Paradise
If this was the case then why was no one on Squid Squad Spades notified that there match would be delayed by upwards of a week? Also how is this fair to every single other team that had conflicting timezone and difficulties scheduling matches (Spades faced a Japaneses team in the first round and was able to complete the matches within a timely manner). Also school starting soon is a reason to try and get the tournament done as quickly as possible, what has happened effectively is that we have yet to be told anything about who our opponent would be and the deadline for the winners semifinals has passed... at this point a disqualification is expected.

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
The rationale behind the decision is that the finals can't be played anyway until the losers bracket catches up to the winners bracket.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
The rationale behind the decision is that the finals can't be played anyway until the losers bracket catches up to the winners bracket.
That messes up people schedules BEYOND BELIEF. school starts in literally a week for people. either people in the losers pick up the pace or people are just going to DQ due to schedule

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Realistically a 64team double elim bracket was way too ambitious and we're just feeling the effects of it now. There isn't much of an easy way around it as if the TOs were to actually stick to a schedule firmly we'd end up with like 3 teams still actually in the tournament. It's annoying but if the TOs have allowed it then there isn't much you can do. Again, raise it in the feedback thread when it rolls around which I very much hope it will do very soon.

There is definitely a lot to learn from everything that has happened in the tournament so far and I hope others can take from it and we'll see some more smoothly running tournaments in the future. Hopefully more than just one week away.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Very true, it is still a TESTFIRE, and I think we all expected to have some problems, but I think it's all able to be fixed. I hope everyone has still had a super fun time up until this point and everyone is able to keep attending this fun tournament, as it is giving Splatoon some great competitive exposure.

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
Just about DEG vs C- :
The TOs told us (well, Jay from C- told me that the TO told him...) it was okay if we delay our match until thursday and that only the losers bracket was really late and winners bracket shouldn't have anything to worry about for now.

I'll see if we can play in 1 hour or maybe a bit later.

EDIT : We'll play tomorrow, unless a TO states we have to play today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom