inkbrush is pain

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
i love the inkbrush, i really do. i even love pissing on people who use it badly during turf wars by splatting them over and over. first inkbrush match, 1,000+ points. second match, 1,000+ points, etc. while i'm a tiny bit disappointed by the low ram damage, it really is great.

there's only one downside

CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK COVERAGE CLICK KILL IT KILL IT AAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WITNESS ME AS I ASCEND TO SQUIDHALLAAAAAA

seriously, clicking the fire button over and over and over got painful after two matches in a row. it's so effective at covering turf and splatting people while you're clickclickclicking, but then your fingers fall off and you're in a&e explaining that you pressed a button 10,000 times in 30 seconds trying to beat up squids

somehow i have a feeling this is entirely on purpose to nerf the inkbrush and prevent people from violently smacking their way across the map. gamepad button 2 op plz nerf nintendo (really though it does hurt)

tl;dr inkbrush is great if you use it right / are good at it but i felt like i was going to pull a muscle using the bloody thing and i don't know if that's a good thing or not

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
So true. I gave up using the Inkbrush precisely for that reason. Spalt Rollers where its at yo.
after the pain of inkbrush and spending too long with aerospray i felt like a god running the kraken roller for like 2 matches just rolling over everyone

there's something so satisfying about smacking your enemies in the face with a giant brush though

seanvanpelt2

Inkling
I love playing the Inkbrush. While it can hurt to play spamming the ZR and X button I get great results with it! I also only play a few matches before taking a break which helps. =)

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Yeah, I wish we could just hold the button instead of spamming it.

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
It's less exhausting to use it as a support weapon in ranked. If you're relying so much on clicking you might need to use your sprinkler more. The sprinker gets you heaps of coverage with a single button press. You can even ink a long line, then swim back in it adding sprinklers very quickly. It's actually fairly efficient if you use it that way. But you need smart teammates who understand they need to swim behind you conserving their ink at the very start of the match. If the inkbrusher and team is smart, they will arrive at a key point long before the other team, and with full tanks (but potentially low special meters if they haven't been inking a bit on the way).

I find the main downfall of the inkbrush is that if other players don't exploit the opportunities it can create, it is easily overwhelmed. Basically, it's deadly with good teammates, and dead weight with bad ones. You can try to carry a team with an inkbrush, and I kept taking out a whole B- rank team with the brush and Ninja Squid earlier, but it was pointless cos my teammates kept dying in every firefight. You can only fend four off for so long, and they weren't stupid players. They eventually just pinned me down, and that was the match over..

Last edited:

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
No pain, no GAIN!

I feel the same a lot of the time, but the Inkbrush is just so fun to use that I can't stop, no matter how much it hurts.

Azure J

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AzureJay89
The single downside to being a B R U S H B O Y right here. There are some nights where despite an obvious addiction to this game, I opt not to play because I know I'm going to get salty from not brushing well with the button presses. Admittedly, I've gotten better about timing the swings and taking breaks while cruising through ink, but I'm hyper competitive and hate seeing myself not in the top two or supporting my crew at all times. lol

ThEvilHasLanded

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ThEvilHasLanded
Pick an automatic and aim then you dont have to worry so much about carpel tunnel

IttyBit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
IttyBit
Remember those trashy third party controllers back in the day of Gamecube and below that had those auto fire buttons? The Wiiu needs to have one of those just for the Inkbrush. Too bad Wiiu Controllers are so expensive and hard to make, though.
It's that reason alone that makes me prefer my roller to my brush. My thumb could probably take the punishment, but my index finger is pretty inexperienced to button mashing.

Fridgeworth

Inkling
NNID
Fridgeworth
People can complain as much as they want but you can't deny that this thing gives sanic a run for his money with the INSANE speed you get with it. Who cares is you can't splat the enemy if they can't get you in range

Dan Ugore

Inkling
NNID
DanUgore
I loved this weapon from Day 1. I used it way more than my Aerospray MG... until my fingers said no more. When I went back to automatic guns the relief was unreal. I want to use the Inkbrush again, but each time I'm about to I remember... :(

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
Am I the only one that the rapid clicking doesn't hurt? I think I have the strongest finger in gaming lol

ThEvilHasLanded

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ThEvilHasLanded
Another example of a cheap counter to any of the guns the "jump and spam" is a particular annoyance

YourAssassin

Inkling
NNID
Azzazzin
Something I've always wanted to try is having stacks of running and ink saving boosts and charging ahead just to see how far I could run and how much ground I could cover in one go, alas, I am lame and cannot use the inkbrush to save my life, literally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom