Inkbrush/Octobrush Buff Suggestion

SmashBlade

Inkling
NNID
SmashBlade
Brushes are known for having short range, so in many 1v1 cases, the most optimal move is running away. However, if a brush wants to run away, it must first swipe once. Now, my suggestion is to have running with a trail of ink mapped to the B button, so that a brush user can flee without having first swipe some ink. So that this does not impact people's muscle memory, the option to just hold ZR and move would still work how it does now. Do you think that this would be broken?

Mr.Sile

Inkling
NNID
Dorvillo
I honestly think that the Octobrush doesn't need a buff, it just happens to be bad in stages like Arowana.

Hopefully the Octobrush Noveau will solve that.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't think that the brushes need a buff or that having to swing the brush once in order to "roll around with it" handicaps the Brush users, especially when all the Rollers work the same and the Brushes have the quickest swing time to top it off

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I only think the Inkbrush needs a strong buff, Octo is fine. Personally i think both Inkbrushes both have bad stats and bad kits, i don't really think giving them decent buffs will make them anymore popular over the Octo.

My biggest problem with the regular Inkbrush is that it deals so little damage and has so little range it's not worth the extra speed you'll get for it. Neither kit gives you a ranged option, and when you have range worse than the Spoosh you've got problems. It's gigantic learning curve doesn't help it either.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I think the Inkbrush should gain a speed buff when running around swinging the brush. The idea of the Inkbrush is a fast, sneaky weapon, yet it moves relatively slow when normally inking. 20% would be nice, and a buff to rolling speed wouldn't hurt either.

Octobrush is fine personally: Great loadouts, and solid attack power and range.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I'd say the best buff is to give the Inkbrush as much range as the octobrush. and as @SquiliamTentacles pointed out, more speed would be great as well.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Having more speed or a little bit of a weapon attack buff would be nice. Even though having an attack buff will make the inkbrush into an Octobrush...
But whatever the buffs are, I just want them to be added to my babies. uvu) <3
They need more love.
But yeah, speed is always nice to the Inkbrushes.
For the Octobrush... MAKE IT OP- jk jk. ;^)

But uh... that B button thing sure is interesting. It will never be put in, but that sure is something.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
This is an interesting idea, but not one that I see happening, or that really needs to happen. As an Octobrush main, I think the Octobrush is a fine weapon as it is, but when it comes to the Inkbrush, there *is* one thing that I think needs to happen.

Namely, fix its damage! The Inkbrush actually deals less damage than it should most of the time. Normally, it does 28 damage per hit, resulting in a four-hit-kill. However, when flinging it fast, which you basically have to do to use it well, it actually deals less damage than that pretty often, usually resulting in an actual five-hit-kill.

The following video demonstrates that when flinging at max speed, only 3 out of 21 flings do the full 28 damage. One hit may not sound like that much of a difference, but it definitely is, especially in close combat situations like you get into with the Inkbrush. As seen in the video, other rollers are affected by this as well, but it's clearly intentional, as it does not happen until after the roller has done 100 damage. With the Inkbrush, however, it happens four times before doing 100 damage, resulting in one extra hit-to-kill than it should require. This mistake really needs to be corrected in an update very soon, as the Inkbrush is already a difficult weapon to use as it is. It doesn't need an accidental damage nerf holding it back.

(Make sure to watch video with annotations on)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom