• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkling eye colours

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
At the start of the game, we were all asked to choose our Inkling's gender, skin tone and eye colour - I'm more interested in the latter option. What eye colour do you use, if you even know? How much thought did you give it? Does it match yours in real life? Do you at all notice those of other players (at least in the Plaza)? And slightly more generally, do you change your appearance on occasion in Options?

Image for reference:

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
My squid's eye color is turquoise. Its the same in real life, but only if I power up. Super saiyan style! ;)

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I'm pretty sure I have pink.

I don't think I consciously note what colour other Inkling's eyes are, and I don't change it.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Black because it matches my own. Though my actual eye colour is brown, it's a very dark shade that more often than not just appears as black.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I gave my Inkling brown eyes to match my IRL ones. That said, I don't notice eye color as often as their headgear and clothing. Also, I never change my appearance since I feel like the look suits me very well.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Brown because that is what I have in real life and I am boring like that.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
My main account has brown eyes as that's what I have (though it's a really dark brown). My alt account has yellow eyes as it goes with her tan skin. I can't say I pay too much of what other people choose as their eye color, though.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
First I had it green to match my hazel-green eyes IRL, but I changed it to pink cause I thought it looked cooler. : P

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
Uhh....I actually forgot....lol Guess that shows how much I care about that huh..lol
Oh well. I THINK black..But yea..I don't remember..

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Whenever I'm using the boy Inkling, I pick the brown eyes to match his brown skin, as that's the closest I'm gonna get to representing my self in-game. It looks ugly as hell when his hair becomes orange or yellow, but that's a minor concern.

When I'm using the girl, I pick the green eyes, mostly for personal preference. Though I did change them to black for a while, to see if it made her look any edgier. =Þ

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I use the pink. I think they look the best.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
I chose green for my Inkling, as I choose green wherever I can for my own player character; I have green eyes myself.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Brown because that is what I have in real life and I am boring like that.
Same here. It's the only trait I share with mine. I play as a girl, despite being a guy, and I am not a kid, or squid in any way. At least I don't think I am. :scared:

Magnus0

Pro Squid
I use green eyes because I wish I had green eyes irl. My actual irl eyes are greyish, which isn't even an option in splatoon. I guess that the blue eyes come the closest, but it's really not the same.

So yeah, I'll just stick with green because green eyes just look so awesome.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I change my inkling's gender after every few sessions. Every time I do, I also change the eye colour to whatever.

Black because it matches my own. Though my actual eye colour is brown, it's a very dark shade that more often than not just appears as black.
Cool. Sometimes I can't help but flaunt mine when people stare at them. "No these aren't contacts, they're the real thing, darlin'. Desire a closer look?" lol *shameless*

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
At the start of the game, we were all asked to choose our Inkling's gender, skin tone and eye colour - I'm more interested in the latter option. What eye colour do you use, if you even know? How much thought did you give it? Does it match yours in real life? Do you at all notice those of other players (at least in the Plaza)? And slightly more generally, do you change your appearance on occasion in Options?

Image for reference:
I usually use brown eyes because I have brown eyes (derp). And yeah, I do sometimes notice other player's eyes, but mostly I notice ink color. And yeah-ish. I changed my inkling to look more like my mom today, and I've changed my appearance to match my OCs before.

Kevin304

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kevin304
Pink since they match with most my gear except for part-time Pirate but I use Varsity jacket now so it matches really well

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I only use green. I always wanted to have a green Inkling with either green or yellow eyes, until I learned that you can't actually color lock the color you want. I did start with yellow eyes though. Kind of looked nice with the green, but terrible with almost all other colors. Switched to green ever since and never changed.

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
At first it was pink because I liked the color, then I changed it to blue because it better matched my eyes. Only, mine are more grayish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom