• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkling hairstyles

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I really like how splatoon has cool clothing options but i'm not sure if there any hair options other than color. It would be cool if they had more hairstyles for the inklings. What do you think about possible different hair styles?

Source http://phoenix-conrad.tumblr.com/
The Shantae style tho <3

Very nice

That's all folks.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
The Shantae hairstyle looks awesome. I sure hope it's possible to make hair designs.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I definitely want more hairstyles for Inklings. Even though I'm not going to play as a male, I think the hairstyle for them are just.. eugh.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
It would be swell to have new hairstyles. Not just because I don't care for the current male hairstyle, but because it would add more variety. I'm not sure how many pieces of headgear will actually cover the hair/head completely, so it's pretty likely you'll be seeing the exact same hairstyles in every single match which is a little boring.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
i think the head gear in the game would make hair style obsolete. i would love to have an afro or the shantae hair but im not sure if there will be many options for hair in the game. maybe they could have wigs or something for head gear that looks like some video game characters hair ( other kind of amiibo support?) ? who knows

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
This is something I really want in the final build game. There's already tons of customization, though the hairstyles open up a wide variety of possibilities for players to play around with.

Hopefully we'll hear about this in a Splatoon Direct, though we'll have to see.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
There better be multiple hairstyles. What reason would there be not to? Nintendo, please don't go stupid on us.... we need this in the game! :(

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
I think that there will not be alternate "hairstyles" for the inklings in Splatoon. The developers like the look of the inklings' default designs, and during E3, when asked about this, they said they were hesitant about changing the look of the "hair". Personally, alternate looks to the base character model would be really great, even if it is limited. But I hope we don't have to wait for a sequel for alternate "hairstyles" for the inklings.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I'd love to see more hairstyles, but I wouldn't be upset if this is all we get for now. Maybe some dlc down the line to add more in alongside other things like maps or weapons?

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
I really hope they add more hair options! But if they were to make more hairstyles, the possibilities might be a bit restricted since they've got this little design Easter egg going where the Inkling's design maps to the anatomy of a real squid. They pointed it out in one of their old tumblr posts:

The caption:
"You may already know this, but squids have a total of 10 limbs. So when these creatures turn into humanoid form, two of their limbs become legs, two turn into arms, two form their hair, but…where do the other four go? Well, I guess we have our answer! #real squids would look cooler in sneakers " :scared:

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
I really hope they add more hair options! But if they were to make more hairstyles, the possibilities might be a bit restricted since they've got this little design Easter egg going where the Inkling's design maps to the anatomy of a real squid. They pointed it out in one of their old tumblr posts:

The caption:
"You may already know this, but squids have a total of 10 limbs. So when these creatures turn into humanoid form, two of their limbs become legs, two turn into arms, two form their hair, but…where do the other four go? Well, I guess we have our answer! #real squids would look cooler in sneakers " :scared:
Yeah, I remember that. Would be cool to see a long-haired inkling girl with all the tentacle hair out. If you think about it, the Octolings sort of follow this trend though. Does that mean the Octolings are older than the inklings? After all, the inklings do appear to be "children".

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Somethings telling me that Im the only one thats ok with the hairstyles. Im digging them, so I wouldnt really mind a change, but thats just me.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Yeah, I remember that. Would be cool to see a long-haired inkling girl with all the tentacle hair out. If you think about it, the Octolings sort of follow this trend though. Does that mean the Octolings are older than the inklings? After all, the inklings do appear to be "children".
Well, all of the Inklings you play as are at least 14 years old (that's around the age when they master their shape-shifting skills). Octolings do look a little older, but that could just be differences in biology (reflecting that octopuses tend to have bulkier builds than squids do).

If Captain Cuttlefish is anything to go by, Inklings don't seem to grow much bigger than they are in the game.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Im kinda hoping that there are separate profiles: One for my main Male and one so that I can be a Female and use her hair :p

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I really love the female Inkling's hair style, so I don't mind that much. With that said, I think the boy's hairstyle is probably what is mainly off putting about him. Granted, might not play as him even if he got more hairstyles. I'm just too attached to the female design. :3

Aura

Infiltrator
I really love the female Inkling's hair style, so I don't mind that much. With that said, I think the boy's hairstyle is probably what is mainly off putting about him. Granted, might not play as him even if he got more hairstyles. I'm just too attached to the female design. :3
Aye. Have to agree with you there.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I would love to have a short-haired female Inkling. Short hair is best hair. Having an option to have the male Inkling hairstyle in my female Inkling would be nice, too (and vice-versa).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom