• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkoming Weapons: Sploosh-o-matic and .96 Gal Deco

Hey there squids and kids! It looks like the steady stream of new content for Splatoon just keeps coming in and we have the lowdown on two weapons set to be in those little inkling hands soon! These two weapons are the Sploosh-o-matic and the .96 Gal Deco. While the Sploosh-o-matic was previously leaked, the .96 Gal Deco is a pleasant surprise and a new feature with information only inkoming now.

"With its wide muzzle, the Sploosh-o-matic is specialized for close-combat situations. Beat back the enemy while placing Squid Beakons on their turf, and then mop up with the deadly Killer Wail ! This weapon set excels at opening holes in the opponents' defenses for your teammates to exploit." - Sheldon from Ammo Knights

"The .96 Gal Deco is a standard .96 Gal with a little added flair! Unlike the standard .96 Gal, though, you can approach with the Splash Wall, and then...release the Kraken. That would be my strategy, anyway! I'd recommend it to fighters who want to charge the front lines!" - Sheldon from Ammo Knights

Their release times for these new weapons are as follows:
  • Europe: 4AM
  • UK: 3AM
  • North America (EDT): 10PM (July 7th)
  • North America (PDT): 7PM (July 7th)
  • Japan: 11AM
So be sure to visit Sheldon over at Ammo Knights and get a look at the newest items in the inventory. To keep up with any upcoming weapon news be sure to stay tuned to Squidboards. Spread ink, cover some turf, but most importantly stay fresh!

Comments

What counters the .96 Gal? Not that it matters much with the Splash Wall AND the Kraken, but I might try a hard counter to the .96 Gal Deco. That is of course when I'm not using it.
A good counter is probably a sniper (probably the ELiter-3K, because it can outreach pretty much anything except the Inkzooka, and that's a special) or maybe the Carbon Roller or any Brush that can outspeed the fire rate.

I think that the .96 Gal Deco will become a new top tier gun. The original .96 Gal isn't all that good, save for its range, but the Splash Wall will allow one to make full use of its range without worrying about getting hit due to the low fire rate. It also has the Kraken, arguably the best special in the game.

T
I think that the .96 Gal Deco will become a new top tier gun. The original .96 Gal isn't all that good, save for its range, but the Splash Wall will allow one to make full use of its range without worrying about getting hit due to the low fire rate. It also has the Kraken, arguably the best special in the game.
*Cough*Inkstrike*Cough*

The original with the echolocater is deadly at the hands of a decent player.
I do see a weakness of the splash wall. If you dont splat your intended targets or they hide, when the wall expires, you are toast because being in close range and low rate of fire leaves you severely exposed. Anyone who has used the .96 knows that close combat sucks. So the wall will make you more adventurous but once that wall is no more... :)

Yes! Another ranged weapon for me to use with the Kraken special! I'm hyped for this! :D Though I'm curious on the potential of the Sploosh-o-matic.

The original with the echolocater is deadly at the hands of a decent player.
I do see a weakness of the splash wall. If you dont splat your intended targets or they hide, when the wall expires, you are toast because being in close range and low rate of fire leaves you severely exposed. Anyone who has used the .96 knows that close combat sucks. So the wall will make you more adventurous but once that wall is no more... :)
Except that wall only takes 60% of the ink tank, so its not that hard to put down another one immediately.

Oh yes! Slash-o-matic has been my favorite weapon so far. I'd like to see how the sploosh-o-matic measures up to it!

I usually have troubles with gals as Dual Squelcher user, as if I hadn't enough with Dynamos and some kind of blasters, that moment when you hit people three times, need one more splash and they wall you or become Kraken, and now both with a Gal...

I'm just going to sit here and patiently wait for the Ink Brush love... such as

InkbrushNouveauANDOctobrush.

.96 Gal + Splash Wall, oh boy oh boy who even needs a special at that point
Exactly my thought, rip Tower Control :D

On the other hand, .96 is fairly difficult to use correctly in my opinion. At least in comparison with the all-famous .52 gal or SS pro, which I prefer when I want range.

I'm amazed for both weapons, they seem to fit my playstyle. I can't wait 'til I got time to start my Wii U °u°

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom