Inkopolis News....

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
If you actually pay attention to the news, then you can learn a lot about Pearl and Marina. There are even some funny bits too. Some of the things that I noticed recently were that Pearl was apparently raised in a wealthy family. Marina notes this after Pearl mentions that the Manta Miria was exactly like the ship she got for her birthday (to reiterate: Pearl got a whole freaking ship for her birthday).

Another favorite of mine was when Pearl said her best friend took her to a cake shop at The Reef the other day, and Marina said "I don't remember going to a cake shop". <3

Also, did nobody else get a weird feeling when they announced Flight VS Invisibility and Marina said this:
"If you're invisible, you can watch people while they're..... Inking their Splat Zones."
Why do I feel like "inking" and "splat zones" have an ulterior meaning? :3

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
If you actually pay attention to the news, then you can learn a lot about Pearl and Marina. There are even some funny bits too. Some of the things that I noticed recently were that Pearl was apparently raised in a wealthy family. Marina notes this after Pearl mentions that the Manta Miria was exactly like the ship she got for her birthday (to reiterate: Pearl got a whole freaking ship for her birthday).

Another favorite of mine was when Pearl said her best friend took her to a cake shop at The Reef the other day, and Marina said "I don't remember going to a cake shop". <3

Also, did nobody else get a weird feeling when they announced Flight VS Invisibility and Marina said this:
"If you're invisible, you can watch people while they're..... Inking their Splat Zones."
Dirty Nintendo.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid

Must... resist... urge... to... ship...

I've been really liking the new dialogue they've been adding, especially for Marina. It's less "Pearl you're so silly..." to "Pearlie you are such a silly goose." It makes them look much more chummy than before which is nice.
It's also nice that they've given Pearl a few more jabs of her own. It makes things feel a little more even-handed, like they're really good friends who just take shots at each other like good friends often do. I feel like that's always what they were going for, but the format of Pearl talking and Marina responding made it much easier for Marina to be the one doing the snarking. At least, without it ending up like this:

:(

Agent Z

Inkling Commander

Must... resist... urge... to... ship...

It's also nice that they've given Pearl a few more jabs of her own. It makes things feel a little more even-handed, like they're really good friends who just take shots at each other like good friends often do. I feel like that's always what they were going for, but the format of Pearl talking and Marina responding made it much easier for Marina to be the one doing the snarking. At least, without it ending up like this:

:(
I already ship them.
Join the dark side.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin

But we don't learn the answers to the big questions, like why an Octoling is allowed in Inkopolis, how Pearl and Marina met, how n why Splatfest extends to Octo Valley, etc. =(

Yep that's some dirty innuendo, after octo pie they're definitely doing this on purpose, and I have no problems with that. :L

Last edited:

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
But we don't learn the answers to the big questions, like why an Octoling is allowed in Inkopolis, how Pearl and Marina met, how n why Splatfest extends to Octo Valley, etc. =(

Yep that's some dirty innuendo, after octo pie they're definitely doing this on purpose, and I have no problems with that. :L
Yeah I feel like the Octo Pie quip was more along the lines of she likes eating Marina.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Nintendo has some very good writers on their teams.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I feel like that's always what they were going for, but the format of Pearl talking and Marina responding made it much easier for Marina to be the one doing the snarking.
They actually took a jab at this exact topic:
2017082802585600-CBA841B50A92A904E313AE06DF4EF71A.jpg
I swear they put the A team on this new dialogue.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I don't have a screenshot but there's one for Inkblot Art Academy where Marina will have a total exestential crisis.

Marina: Does art imitate life or does life imitate art? AM I EVEN REAL?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom