• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkopolis Square Is Now Hosting LGBT Rallies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Is anyone else seeing a lot of LGBT posts in Inkopolis Square? For me, it's jam-packed with posts regarding agender or transgender pride or things of that regard. It's great that you're comfortable with who you are, just... keep it under control, alright? The last thing that Splatoon needs is radical feminists and social justice warriors.

Callieisbae

Inkling
NNID
FCBfangirl44
Switch Friend Code
SW-5289-0811-6896
yes I have been seeing that on my miiverse feed as well is there something I'm not awear of?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
There's really going to be a thread for each and every one of these? Okay. Either way, there's nothing harmful about this, certainly nothing worth comparing to "radical feminists".

Squidilicious

Inkster Jr.
I'm not aware of a specific campaign (although i have seen the signs in inkopolis square) but at the same time I'm struggling to see how it hurts anyone or further how people being gay or trans has any effect on the lives of straight cis people.... straight cis people can keep doing their straight cis thing and LGBT people can do theirs. I'll resist turning this into a huge political didcussion and just leave it at that.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
There's really going to be a thread for each and every one of these? Okay. Either way, there's nothing harmful about this, certainly nothing worth comparing to "radical feminists".
This isn't even a meme this time. I'm just trying to make sense of what the hell people are doing.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's not hateful, it's generally positive, and the only people who could be offended by the posts I've seen aren't the nicest folks to begin with. I can understand the questions about the furries, not so much this.

Reactions: the

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I noticed that too (and I assume most others noticed it as well), and I'm curious of the origin of these posts.

I don't have any issues with said posts, but this trend is a bit more different then the usual meme trend or a trend of posts based off a recent game that got popular.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It probably didn't take much. One person posted something positive, some LGBT person was happy to see that and posted their own, and once some people figured Splatoon was a "safe space" the flood gates opened.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I'm not bothered by it aside from the fact that this is just in the past 24 hours. Obviously I've been on the internet too long since my first mental instinct was 'new meme? what???'.

Sadly, I had to report one person for being an obvious pudding-stirring troll. Don't bring politics, y'all, even as a joke.

Callieisbae

Inkling
NNID
FCBfangirl44
Switch Friend Code
SW-5289-0811-6896
and I want to take on head first on another thing I been seeing more & more latey
whats with the "I wish (insert whatever u want in here) is real?
I'm out of the loop for that is that a new meme I don't know about?

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
Just something that's popped up really, while it has been a thing since splat 1, things are getting more meme-y.

Also on topic, while it's not a negative post, I feel that it's inappropriate for what the game is, like @Agent Z said, its cool that you're comfortable with it and want to share, but not everyone wants to see it.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
and I want to take on head first on another thing I been seeing more & more latey
whats with the "I wish (insert whatever u want in here) is real?
I already made a thread about that too.
It's basically just another awful meme that people regurgitate againandagainandagainandagainandagain that strengthens my fear and disgust of human beings. So yeah.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
I'm gonna spew an opinion here-

I'm LGBT and I don't really see much wrong with the nature of the posts, although, much like the furry posts, it is a bit overspammed. Until it gets ugly, I would leave the report button in your pocket.

the

Inkling Commander
Personally, I only took issue with the furry posts because they were everywhere and like half of them had implied nsfw stuff which, kids shouldn't see. But so far with the LGBT stuff it's been nothing but positivity, so I'm totally fine with this (as well as any harmless trend), and I really hope it doesn't start a gross "counter-attack" of hateful messages

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I already made a thread about that too.
It's basically just another awful meme that people regurgitate againandagainandagainandagainandagain that strengthens my fear and disgust of human beings. So yeah.
Really? There's a lot more to fear and be disgusted by in the world than dumb jokes people amuse themselves with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom