• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkopolis Square Is Now Hosting LGBT Rallies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
benimarucollider
Really? There's a lot more to fear and be disgusted by in the world than dumb jokes people amuse themselves with.
Is it really the case?
Well maybe, but what I can understand with agentZ being disgusted with is how a community that happens/can happen to be pretty toxic manages to influence people that has nothing to do with this stuff going on in the hubworld.
Almost feels like brainwashing.
Are you implying that brainwashing is not this bad?

the

Inkling Commander
Dont care about anyone's sexuality or gender but forcefully changing society never ends well.
Well I don't think there's any "force" involved here, nor are ppl trying to change anything. They're just helping to brighten the day of LGBT ppl playing the game who might be in the closet, or are otherwise feeling uncomfortable with themselves. And I think that's really sweet and will end well as long as nobody starts any problems. But until then it's not hurting anyone, and if anyone is tired of seeing it they can just wait it out like the rest of the miiverse trends.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well I don't think there's any "force" involved here, nor are ppl trying to change anything. They're just helping to brighten the day of LGBT ppl playing the game who might be in the closet, or are otherwise feeling uncomfortable with themselves. And I think that's really sweet and will end well as long as nobody starts any problems. But until then it's not hurting anyone, and if anyone is tired of seeing it they can just wait it out like the rest of the miiverse trends.
This. The majority of posts are essentially "Thumbs up LGBT people!", there's nothing being "forced" or "shoved down throats" with that, and frankly it says something about the people making such claims. LGBT people don't harm anyone by being visible, and there's always the option to turn these posts off.

Also, SomeRandomSplatoonPlayer, I've had you on ignore for months precisely because of nonsense like your post saying this is "brainwashing" which I just happened to see by chance, I'm not gonna see any further posts of yours. If you think the Splatoon community is toxic, you've clearly never played any other competitive shooter.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I feel the same. I, for one, was happy to see these posts. I can't imagine what it would be like to be an LGBT kid in a household or city (or state or country) that doesn't just not accept LGBT people but actively hates them. They may feel they are alone in this world, and the joy they feel seeing there are others like them who also play the same game they love, to me, far out-weighs the minor annoyance of seeing a bunch of posts about it in the plaza.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
Well "forced" may be a bit of a stretch but if you push it to far there will be also a stronger opposition.

I know people tend to favor brutal honesty into everyones face but that can backfire.

Edit: I am not against posting some "lgbt are welcome" posts but when every second post is about lbgt it can be annoying, like the furrie stuff.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well "forced" may be a bit of a stretch but if you push it to far there will be also a stronger opposition.

I know people tend to favor brutal honesty into everyones face but that can backfire.
How is "Trans people are great and valid!" brutal honesty? If the trend continues like that and burns out in the next week or two, the problem is... what, exactly? I'm trying to imagine strong opposition to people being happy and self-affirming. There's a handful of people making objectionable posts, yes, but every trend's had that, report those like I've been doing and pay the rest no mind.

Edit to respond to Nuddimaus's edit: Get used to it. Every trend that happens in Splatoon, no matter what it is or how serious or silly it is, always floods the square en masse. You'll be dealing with a ton of posts on the same subject, regardless of the subject, as long as the game is alive.

Last edited:

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
uhhh, it seems my mediocre english hits again. To be clear.

I dont care about lbgt.
I dont care about the posts.
I dont care about furries.

I am just saying, people react that way because of the things i said earlier.

Its not my fault our society is that way.

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
I've always found people to say "get used to," *insert whatever is happening right now* to be passive on the subject.

Yes, it is a positive message, yes, it does offer comfort to those who are insecure with themselves. But no, I don't have to see it if I, the person viewing these posts, don't want to. And because of that I have been reporting the messages as inappropriate, as it does filter out the posts I don't want to see. As I've said before, it's cool and all that you're doing this, but I reserve my right to view content in a game about squids shooting each other with ink.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
To put it in perspective, thhose posts are NOTHING compared to the onslaught which happened in the official Overwatch forum.

Wow, remember that? Was like a **** tornado hitting a chemical plant.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
In plaza, press X>Options>Other>Post Display>Off. There, your problem is now fixed.

As i am checking this, i only saw 2 posts in my plaza about it so i really dunno why people are so upset about it.
I never said I was upset about it..... I'm American, which means I consistently refuse to acknowledge or learn about anything that's going on in the world, so I'm just trying to figure out where it was all coming from.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I've always found people to say "get used to," *insert whatever is happening right now* to be passive on the subject.

Yes, it is a positive message, yes, it does offer comfort to those who are insecure with themselves. But no, I don't have to see it if I, the person viewing these posts, don't want to. And because of that I have been reporting the messages as inappropriate, as it does filter out the posts I don't want to see. As I've said before, it's cool and all that you're doing this, but I reserve my right to view content in a game about squids shooting each other with ink.
And you misread me, as I was saying this is going to keep happening. It happened with the furry stuff, it happened with the "I wish ___ was real" stuff, it happened with this, and it will happen with whatever comes next. How's that passive? The first Splatoon had the exact same trend. You're never going to have posts just about squids shooting each other with ink, and your reporting won't change this. Did you report the previous trendy posts as well, or did you start here?

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
And you misread me, as I was saying this is going to keep happening. It happened with the furry stuff, it happened with the "I wish ___ was real" stuff, it happened with this, and it will happen with whatever comes next. How's that passive? The first Splatoon had the exact same trend. You're never going to have posts just about squids shooting each other with ink, and your reporting won't change this. Did you report the previous trendy posts as well, or did you start here?
To answer your last question, I reported the furry trend as well. Anyhow, I understand that there will never solely be posts about squids n stuff in the posting of this game. However, there is no moderation of the posts of splat 2 like there was in the original, because of miiverse. Reporting a post won't stop the trend, that's obvious, but it does stop the posts from showing up in the plaza.

And to respond to the first bit, it is a passive stance you are taking towards the issue at hand, given that "trends will be trends, it will fade away with time." That itself is passive thinking.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
And because of that I have been reporting the messages as inappropriate, as it does filter out the posts I don't want to see.
I'm pretty sure that's not a valid reason to report messages. Stunts like that could get someone in trouble, but not necessarily the reported.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
The "why", could be because videogamers love to debate and are easy to trigger, if a game favours a community which online games do, people try to start trends for their amusement or ambitions.

Sometimes gamingsites or youtuber features those trends and the bandwagons gaining momentum.

The whole internet is build on this nowadays, its all about been seen.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
The "why", could be because videogamers love to debate and are easy to trigger, if a game favours a community which online games do, people try to start trends for their amusement or ambitions.

Sometimes gamingsites or youtuber features those trends and the bandwagons gaining momentum.

The whole internet is build on this nowadays, its all about been seen.
Seems pretty attention whorish to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom