Introducing a new technique, Stealth Swimming!

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
In squid form if you hold the control stick about halfway you will be able to swim without ripples! No more do you have the delema where you are under fire and need to run but can' for fear of being seen, sneak up on those annoying snipers! The weakness? Slopes, if you go up a slope at max speed there might be ripples. Even if there aren't you will jump out unless you go slowly.

If you guys have anything you want me to test or have a better name, tell me!

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Honestly, I get so wrapped up in the heat of the moment, I forget that I can do this. =P

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Since gravity pushes you down on walls, this could be a good way to set up ambushes. It lets you stay on the wall without ripples giving away your position. Ambushing isn't something you should do too much in Turf War, but if you know an enemy is coming setting up a trap for them just became easier. Of course that's assuming someone has tested it on walls, it could turn out to not work on walls.

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
Since gravity pushes you down on walls, this could be a good way to set up ambushes. It lets you stay on the wall without ripples giving away your position. Ambushing isn't something you should do too much in Turf War, but if you know an enemy is coming setting up a trap for them just became easier. Of course that's assuming someone has tested it on walls, it could turn out to not work on walls.
It does not work on walls. :(

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Tried this out in the third Global Testfire, it's good for supporting Rollers. Stealth Swim behind them as they make a trail of ink and pop out to fire at anyone who tries to attack your Roller, makes the backdoor trick in Walleye Warehouse even more irritating. It's also useful for launching surprise attacks, I got a kill on a Charger user by stealth swimming right next to them and attacking. It works better in Walleye Warehouse than Saltspray Rig.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
Tried this out in the third Global Testfire, it's good for supporting Rollers. Stealth Swim behind them as they make a trail of ink and pop out to fire at anyone who tries to attack your Roller, makes the backdoor trick in Walleye Warehouse even more irritating. It's also useful for launching surprise attacks, I got a kill on a Charger user by stealth swimming right next to them and attacking. It works better in Walleye Warehouse than Saltspray Rig.
that charger wouldn't happen to have been called Link, would it?

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
I don't remember the name, but someone did exactly that to me.it was in the central part of walleye warehouse, I was in a corner, waiting for someone to come around another corner and someone else pops out of the ink right in front of me and I know they weren't there before. completely destroyed me. didn't even get a shot off in time.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
I don't remember the name, but someone did exactly that to me.it was in the central part of walleye warehouse, I was in a corner, waiting for someone to come around another corner and someone else pops out of the ink right in front of me and I know they weren't there before. completely destroyed me. didn't even get a shot off in time.
That sounds like what I did exactly, so I guess you were the person I did that to.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
That's a great idea. Further supports my theory of Rollers being used as tank too, so thanks lol :P

Also that was a cute exchange guys haha

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Just realized something thanks to a point brought up on the splatdash thread. We need to investigate how Swim Speed Up interacts with this tech. It could either make it more useful (imagine how useful stealth swimming at normal squid speed would be) or impossible to perform.

mindscarp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mindscarp
Mondrae205 said:
No more do you have the dilemma where you are under fire and need to run but can' for fear of being seen,
I tried that in the tutorial; I'm not entirely sure, but even though swimming at middle-speed doesn't create visual cues for foes, it still makes some noise.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Just realized something thanks to a point brought up on the splatdash thread. We need to investigate how Swim Speed Up interacts with this tech. It could either make it more useful (imagine how useful stealth swimming at normal squid speed would be) or impossible to perform.
by swim speed up, do you mean speeding up once you've started stealth swimming. Cause I'm pretty sure that just starts creating ripples again.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
by swim speed up, do you mean speeding up once you've started stealth swimming. Cause I'm pretty sure that just starts creating ripples again.
I believe they mean the Swim Speed Up perk we've seen on clothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom