Introducing a new technique, Stealth Swimming!

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
This doesn't necessarily need to be a named "technique" since you're just pressing the stick lighter. It's definitely worth committing to muscle memory.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Ooooh. Admittedly having really been following the gear discussions. Already been looking into so many techs ;_;
That makes way more sense though. Also something that definitely should be tested.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
On top of this there are stealth perks anyways and you have 12 slots to fill. This is going to be a bandaid until people max out their gear.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
On top of this there are stealth perks anyways and you have 12 slots to fill. This is going to be a bandaid until people max out their gear.
I thought Stealth Super Jump was the only stealth perk. Plus there's so many gear abilities anything that can compensate for not having one should be looked into.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
I thought Stealth Super Jump was the only stealth perk. Plus there's so many gear abilities anything that can compensate for not having one should be looked into.
http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Gear_Abilities

This is the current list of skills. The only reason why this skill would be picked up is because you can swim full speed as opposed as slightly touching your stick here. The faster you are the better, especially since there's another ability that boosts your ink swim speed.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Gear_Abilities

This is the current list of skills. The only reason why this skill would be picked up is because you can swim full speed as opposed as slightly touching your stick here. The faster you are the better, especially since there's another ability that boosts your ink swim speed.
I forgot about the Ninja Squid perk. Using that with Swim Speed Up is going to make sneak attacks both faster and easier to pull off, so I can see the combo being very useful. Of course with Stealth Swimming you'll still be able to pull it off, just slower, so it reduces how much of an advantage Ninja Squid gives you over people who don't have it.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Seeing as rounds are 3 minutes each in Turf War and slightly longer in other modes, this game is based on time management. Anything (especially speed) that increases your ability to move and lay ink is an absolute must.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very neat. I'm a little worried about this being a bit unfair though, even if Rollers are basically the death of you. :P

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Seeing as rounds are 3 minutes each in Turf War and slightly longer in other modes, this game is based on time management. Anything (especially speed) that increases your ability to move and lay ink is an absolute must.
Yeah, but the speed difference for this isn't so great that it'd decide a match. Stealth Swimming is more for approaching an enemy you've seen that hasn't seen you, so there's not much distance to cover in the first place. Ninja Squid is superior to base Stealth Swimming in all scenarios, I'd just go with Stealth or Quick Super Jump instead of Ninja Squid if forced to choose one or the other, since it would make more of a difference.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Very neat. I'm a little worried about this being a bit unfair though, even if Rollers are basically the death of you. :p
I don't think it's unfair. Every class can use it. Even if only one class could us e it, that just how games develop sometimes. Some classes end up being better than others.

Reactions: Lyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom