• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

is "communication error" just another way to say

spiffy

Full Squid
NNID
pinkylilacs
that some sore loser turned off their wii u and ruined the whole game? when i disconnect (because of my sometimes horrendous internet connection) i just get a message saying "you have no internet connection" so i'm almost 100% certain my assumption is correct.

it's so FRUSTRATING. why do people ragequit during a turf war of all modes? if you stay and accept defeat you'll at least get some BP as a consolation prize to get better gear/weaps. i'm really sick of this!

edit: it seems like everyone's experiencing these issues since the game is kinda new but i still wonder if there's a way to tell if someone has ragequit or not?

Last edited:

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
Iv experienced
- Communication error.
- You have no internet.
- Connection is unstable.
All are pretty annoying, especially if you are in the lead. A rage quitter should just poof out of existance like the players who have an error do. (Perhaps even get a warning? Smash bros bans you or warns you about it if you quit the matches doesnt it?)

kinetik07

Senior Squid
If the host leaves or disconnects, a lot of people get kicked. It's like that in other games, we don't know who the host is.

callmediego

Inkster Jr.
NNID
callmediego
I have gotten an Unstable Connection before my internet service went out, so that seems to be on player side. I have also gotten Connection Error while sitting on the mode select screen, but my internet didn't go out, so I don't know.

Zyn

Inkling
NNID
Zynsarmour
Its really sad that people ragequit in splatoon. With the exception of rank battles their are no reprocutions to losing. Even then, you still get points for your ink. These people just ruin the experience.

A good idea for Nintendo would be to have a not play in the ragequitters place so the room can continue like in Mario kart 8
but that game has many problems in itself :/

spiffy

Full Squid
NNID
pinkylilacs
A good idea for Nintendo would be to have a not play in the ragequitters place so the room can continue like in Mario kart 8
really? if i remember correctly those "Player" CPUs online were just placeholders for anyone joining a group of racers that was currently spectating, but would join as soon as the current race finishes. in my experience any time someone ragequit in mk8 by simply not driving, everyone would get an "A communication error has occurred" message. subsequently, anyone in that race would be booted out. :^(

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
really? if i remember correctly those "Player" CPUs online were just placeholders for anyone joining a group of racers that was currently spectating, but would join as soon as the current race finishes. in my experience any time someone ragequit in mk8 by simply not driving, everyone would get an "A communication error has occurred" message. subsequently, anyone in that race would be booted out. :^(
In sega all-stars racing transformed, if a player leaves mid race, they are replaced with the CPU of their character (since the game doesn't add other CPU in online races). It makes it clear who decided to leave but the upside is you don't get booted out (unless you are the only one left, then it boots you out)

Khatsworth

Inkling
NNID
Khatsworth
Lately, "Communications Error" tends to just read as "Some poor squid thinks you need to go get more coffee" for me.
It's annoying, but considering how quick the time passes while playing matches, I guess these errors remind me to take a break!

AlpacaJesus837

Full Squid
NNID
alpacajesus
Hopefully the game will add some type of host migration to the game. If the host can just rage quit and people get kicked, it is unfair to those who actually want to get those points.

Khatsworth

Inkling
NNID
Khatsworth
On the kicking others out: my girlfriend and I usually play together in Turf Wars, and only very rarely manage to both get into a lobby at the same time. So every time a host poofs on us and we have to find a new group to play with, one or the other has to inevitably wait on the bench an extra 3~15min until someone drops out. When it happens over and over again, it ends up eating a chunk of our gametime together. :( It gets even worse when we have family and friends trying to join us.

Sometimes I wish I could just create my own room since I know my net is fast and stable enough to handle it, that way I wouldn't have to rely on Host Roulette and hope I don't land on a ragequitter.

Dragoniss

Inkling
NNID
Antagonistgreen
As a person who frequently plays mk8 I'm pretty sure the bolded is not true. I was in a worldwide with my skype friends where my controller ended up dying and booted me for inactivity but everyone else in call was still able to finish the race and I was able to join in and watch my bot race for me. I also had a different moment where I was being a troll I waited at the start/finish line because I was so far ahead and accidentally let myself get booted and no one else disconnected. Bot still won for me tho.

spiffy

Full Squid
NNID
pinkylilacs
As a person who frequently plays mk8 I'm pretty sure the bolded is not true. I was in a worldwide with my skype friends where my controller ended up dying and booted me for inactivity but everyone else in call was still able to finish the race and I was able to join in and watch my bot race for me. I also had a different moment where I was being a troll I waited at the start/finish line because I was so far ahead and accidentally let myself get booted and no one else disconnected. Bot still won for me tho.
thank you for the correction!!! i've had it mixed up all along. you were right @Zyn my bad.

Reactions: Zyn

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Maybe, I think it just means the host left or the server crashed.

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
I'm so ****ing done right now! Look at this!

Look at how during the ENTIRE GAME there is not a HINT of lag. Except for the bit at the end of the video. All of a sudden there is such a large connection issue that I disconnect from the game!

This happens not only once.

This happens not twice.

This happens not 3 times.

It has been the entire night so far that I have been trying to play AND FINISH a game. I've considered all types of issues from interference to a few router malfunctions. This hasn't happened to me in any other game. CSGO has like 45 ping and no disconnects.

I'm buying a wired adapter. If this doesn't magically fix anything then i might be done playing splatoon :/
I've calmed down since then, but i'm having trouble believing these are just rage quits. But if they are, wow this community is ****ed and nintendo needs to figure something out.

If not, wow this game is ****ed and nintendo needs to figure something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom