Is splatoon 3 too fast paced?

SecretAgentNeo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5212-5729-3703
Personally, I think I'd want a game somewhere between S2 and S3. S3 definitely feels like it has outpaced my ability to keep up, and that has contributed a lot (along with the map design) to relegating most of my playtime to Side Order.

Yeah, speed is fun, but there is definitely such a thing where keeping up is so difficult that it no longer is fun.

SAMICOM

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-4190-1330
While Splatoon 3 mechanically has always felt slightly faster to me ever since the test fire, I wouldn't call it too fast paced. Sure, there is less room to breathe, but it's more fun than sitting around to farm special. Some of my personal favorite weapons like Stamper are great because they're aggressive and want to go for kills. If a special like ink armor were in Splatoon 3, blasters, brellas, and splatanas would be much worse since teams could just farm for armor. Sure, it would be nice if there was a slight bit more downtime, but the fast pace of Splatoon 3 is what makes it fun. It's much better when you think back to early Splatoon 3, since the dominant comp was double/triple Splash+vMachine.
Imagine: Splatoon 2 But:

Tenta Missile replaced with Chumps
Ink Armor Replaced with B. Bubbler
Stingray replaced with Crab

MPU replaced with IA
It has Cooler but nerfed

and the new weapons added

Perfect splatoon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom