• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is the goo tuber good are we all just bad????

Vernaltick

Full Squid
Someone in my old team dominated with goo. So I would say it's just a huge learning curve.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Waking up from my eternal Slumber: Did SOMEONE say GOO TUBER?!?!?!!?!!

So I am gonna be honest the goo-tuber is indeed good, not great but Good
The issues with this weapon arise Because it is a hard weapon to learn and even harder to master and due to the height of it's skill ceiling

*player often choose weapons with a lower skill floor and higher skill ceilings...

So what make The goo-d tuber so hard?
-The goo tuber unlike any other charge doesn't need a full charge to kill only slightly less than 3/4 of it's charge
-Goo tuber also require making use of what you know with other chargers (basically you need the mobility and positioning of a squiffer with the range of a splatcharger and patience of a E-liter)

Goo tuber is also the first weapon which I considered a tactician weapon.
Using this requires you to know how everyone is playing and planning ahead understanding where you are going to be most useful

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
If ya want a charger, it's bamboozler, squiffer, or splatterscope
E-liter: Am I a joke to you

Seriously though, you are completely wrong the E-liter was one of the best chargers in Splatoon 1, and is still a good weapon so idk if you forgot it or ignored it

Again goo tuber is a good weapon that just takes time, if you want a charger it is a perfectly understandable choice, and even work better than other chargers in the some circumstances

Just like the tenta brella, flingza roller, UC brella, glogga duelies, and explosher they have their use and are really good , but it requires more time to learn which I feel is worth

Word of Advice to all
1.There are no bad weapons there are only weapons you haven't learned yet
2. NEVER write a weapon off, cuz what might not work for another person might just be the weapon that works for you, and might even be better than a pick others consider "Meta"

ink me pls

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7620-7328-6510
Goo Tuber is an fake Splat Charger. I hate people with Goo Tubes because there is an new glitch where the Charger line is invisible. Not to the person shooting it tho, it mostly happens in Turf War. I hate when an goo tuber shoots onto the tower covering the whole tower with ink.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Goo Tuber is an fake Splat Charger. I hate people with Goo Tubes because there is an new glitch where the Charger line is invisible. Not to the person shooting it tho, it mostly happens in Turf War. I hate when an goo tuber shoots onto the tower covering the whole tower with ink.
This is not a glitch. This is an advanced Charger technique called "snapping". When a Charger payer snaps their snipe, they aim towards something else while charging so their target can't see the laser, then quickly snap their reticle to the enemy Inkling and release the trigger. When performed correctly, the target has little-no time to react to the laser before they are shot.

ink me pls

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7620-7328-6510
This is not a glitch. This is an advanced Charger technique called "snapping". When a Charger payer snaps their snipe, they aim towards something else while charging so their target can't see the laser, then quickly snap their reticle to the enemy Inkling and release the trigger. When performed correctly, the target has little-no time to react to the laser before they are shot.
Ahhhh.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Ninja squidding out of retirement and this is the first thread I see. Perfect! I was infamously the only champion of Goo Tuber in the first 6 months of the game other than Saber..... ;)

Although coming back to the game after a long time away, I'm pleased to see some of the changes made overall and I've found myself coming back to loving the E-Liter, my first love, as much if not more than Tuber. Non-scoped, the short term shot holding gives me most of the way I've used Tuber, with not much longer charge time, and tons more range. The maps really don't favor scoped E-Liter in S2 like they did in S1 (Moray Towers, RIP), but the gained mobility of unscoped has made me love it, after laughing at it early in S2's life.

Tuber's short range and long charge, combined with other scoped chargers gaining short shot holds weakens what made it special early. On the other hand the other unscoped chargers can't hold their PARTIAL charge as Tuber can. I no longer think Tuber is as strong as it was, but the fact that it kills like an S1 :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage: E-Liter still has it's perks.

But I love all the weapons. Bambi, Hydra, Grim my summer fling from late in S1's life is back and wonderful....Flingza....and I've gone entirely Japanese with Kensa Dynamo somehow through years of not playing!

I probably will only be swinging through this game briefly until S3 eventually and not lingering forever on it, but it's fun to re-familiarize with all my old weapon favs, and see new and returning maps that I missed the release of!s Splatfest worked to bring me back, at least for a time. #TeamMayo #TeamPatrick #TeamCallie #MayoIsAnInstrument

ink#0187

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6856-4335-4791
I'm not good at chargers, but I personally like the goo tuber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom