• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is the H3 as bad as people say?

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
There's a difference between styling on fools with a meme weapon and a weapon being legitimately good. Just because I've gone 46-4 with the vanilla Sploosh doesn't mean it's actually good.

*Edit*

The Cherry is eyebrow-raising but it's still extremely flawed and vulnerable to aggression. Its highly immobile because of how long you're forced to stand after firing, and its killtime and range aren't really impressive considering what other weapons are capable of. When playing good players with good movement, the H3 is quickly put under pressure to have every situation go perfectly for it, because as soon as a single thing goes wrong it just gets overwhelmed and killed.
I know I was just fooling around.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Inkling Ash" post: 188973 said:
I know I was just fooling around.
Yeah lol. Some people will believe it though. I remember when DJ said squiffer was good and we so every team pick one up and he was like ".. I was joking..."

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Is the Squiffer bad? If so any reasoning behind that? Would like to hear your opinion about it @Hitzel
Yeah, the Squiffer is pretty bad. It just doesn't have the range or charge time it needs, so if it ever misses, it has to blow its invincibility super just to stay alive because anyone it misses is close enough to kill it. That's not what a team needs out of an invincibility super, and all of the other chargers can miss and be just fine. That's playing way too close to the edge of disaster at all times to be able to stand up to high level players who are as good as or better than you at CQC.

Last edited:

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
Okay true true. But wat do you think about the Bamboozler then? I mean, the Bamboozler needs to hit a shot after it's first shot (Most commonly)! So you have 2 chances to miss! Although it has a very fast charge time though.

G

girigiriHERO

I hate the fact that you have to commit after firing which leaves you vulnerable if you miss, that and it takes 2 burst to kill someone, maybe I didn't stack enough Damage Up.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Okay true true. But wat do you think about the Bamboozler then? I mean, the Bamboozler needs to hit a shot after it's first shot (Most commonly)! So you have 2 chances to miss! Although it has a very fast charge time though.
All three versions of the Bamboozler have sub weapons that help it function in the face of pressure. It's also more mobile due to not having to full charge, has more range, and can fire quick pot shots with relative saftey. It doesn't have to overcommit to going all-in all the time like Squiffer does, and honestly it can 2-shot so fast that the Squiffer's long charge time honestly isn't worth going for instead.

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
l keep seeing "there's no bad weapons only bad players" but honestly when l watch competitive players like SRL's Laplacier or Dude use the weapon l often see them getting ****ed over by the awkward H3 mechanics. They're good enough to compensate for them yes, just like the Cherry's kit mitigates the glaring weaknesses of the weapon, but these weaknesses still exist.

To me the H3's biggest issue is that it doesn't seem to be a good fit for the sort of fast paced gameplay of Splatoon. lt's such a rigid weapon with awful mobility that any sort of movement, from the user of their opponents completely ruins it. I think a good analogy would be trying to play a frenetic action game like Bayonetta with Dark Souls combat. l'm sure some miracle players could make it work but for most people it'd just make them ask "why does this exist?".

G

girigiriHERO

l keep seeing "there's no bad weapons only bad players" but honestly when l watch competitive players like SRL's Laplacier or Dude use the weapon l often see them getting ****ed over by the awkward H3 mechanics. They're good enough to compensate for them yes, just like the Cherry's kit mitigates the glaring weaknesses of the weapon, but these weaknesses still exist.

To me the H3's biggest issue is that it doesn't seem to be a good fit for the sort of fast paced gameplay of Splatoon. lt's such a rigid weapon with awful mobility that any sort of movement, from the user of their opponents completely ruins it. I think a good analogy would be trying to play a frenetic action game like Bayonetta with Dark Souls combat. l'm sure some miracle players could make it work but for most people it'd just make them ask "why does this exist?".
I agree with you to an extent but as good a player as DUDE is it's just a weapon he's not too familiar with as he's had trouble before with some other weapons (I think the Inkbrush was one?) It's because the H3 is so drastically different that it's difficult for people to pick up and play without practice. To my understanding it has some decent ink consumption when compared with other guns. I wouldn't say it's a BAD weapon, just awkward.

nomikos

Inkling
NNID
i0nian
Short Answer: Yes, don't waste your time with it.

Long Answer: On paper, this weapon (specifically the cherry) appears to be godly. It has the range of the 96, ttk of the 52, light depletion, wall, bubbler, and the ink coverage of a squiffer that does not need to charge. The problem with this weapon and the reason that it will never become anything more than a meme is because it is undependable. You can never guarantee a kill with because of how the ink shoots out of the weapon. If you press the trigger too hard or even breathe when shooting, only 2/3 of the shots will hit and the enemy will have enough time to kill you. You cannot reactively get kills for the same reason, there are too many minute intricacies about how the game works for the weapon to truly succeed outside the training room. Even the basics such as the fact that inklings move, and the presence of latency alone cripple the weapon. It obviously isn't impossible to become "good" with this weapon, but why bother when other weapons exist.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
Long Answer: On paper, this weapon (specifically the cherry) appears to be godly. It has the range of the 96, ttk of the 52, light depletion, wall, bubbler, and the ink coverage of a squiffer that does not need to charge.
FiveLeafClover? Are you there?

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
After I watched his video where he gives his opinion about the H-3, I thought let's go on Squidboards. When I saw your comment I was like: Ey (s)he watches FLC too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom