• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is this game starting to lose steam already?

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
I love this game. I can't stop playing. But my friends have stopped, many of the people who I've made contacts with here have stopped, and matchmaking is starting to take longer for me. Is this community gonna last till august? And does anyone wanna join me for some turf wars?

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
Well, I guess it's time to STAY FRESH and release something new.

I expect a new map within the week.

Chiiab

Shy person
NNID
Chiiab
I think that the initial burst of players will slow down but the players that want to see this game succeed will keep playing.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I don't notice the matchmaking taking too long. True fans of Splatoon will stick till the end.

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
Don't get me wrong- I'm not going anywhere. I love this game. I'm just sort of sad to no longer be playing with friends. And matches are definitely taking longer to fill for me, it's been fairly noticeable for me.

Anybody who wants to play some turf wars add me, I'm still playing!

Chris

Full Squid
NNID
MutedSound1111
The lack of clan wars is really hurting the community. I think Splatoon will be put into a semi-hibernation state until the release of friend rooms.

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
The lack of clan wars is really hurting the community. I think Splatoon will be put into a semi-hibernation state until the release of friend rooms.
I dunno, joining lobbies with friends is still a ton of fun. I like the unpredictability- one moment you're celebrating with your friend for a successful round, the next you're gloating in their face after you splat them 3 straight times.

Chiiab

Shy person
NNID
Chiiab
I dunno, joining lobbies with friends is still a ton of fun. I like the unpredictability- one moment you're celebrating with your friend for a successful round, the next you're gloating in their face after you splat them 3 straight times.
It's fun but it isn't the same as having a set team that can talk to each other and form strategies and improve.

Chris

Full Squid
NNID
MutedSound1111
That is fun. Friend rooms don't replace random regular battles though, and people love doing clan wars

CaIIie

Inkling
NNID
BladedFalcon
I love this game. I can't stop playing. But my friends have stopped, many of the people who I've made contacts with here have stopped, and matchmaking is starting to take longer for me. Is this community gonna last till august? And does anyone wanna join me for some turf wars?
I really can't see myself leaving the game this quickly mostly due to the fact that I love the game, and I really don't have anything else I can and/or feel like playing. Plus I'm excited for Splatfest. Go Cats!

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
I really can't see myself leaving the game this quickly mostly due to the fact that I love the game, and I really don't have anything else I can and/or feel like playing. Plus I'm excited for Splatfest. Go Cats!
I will see you on the wrong end of my splattershot jr., dogs forever!

Kikaioh

Full Squid
Yeah, August can't come soon enough. Splatoon is a team-based game, and the fact you can't really form a team to actively play and improve with, I think that could be hurting continuing interest in the game, since it makes the game a bit ways more casual and not as competitive. I guess will see how things are a few months from now.

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
With Splat Fest coming soon, and I'm sure they'll release new maps onto the rotation to keep things Fresh (hehehe) until August.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
Havent played turf wars for quite a while, but i think most turfers have migrated to splat zones once they reach 10, splat zones still as chaotic as ever and waiting times are very short. i think you can rely on the Japanese to stay in it for long. It does help that I am an hour behind them so my online time coincide with theirs.( 7pm to 11pm). After midnight i usually get non Japanese name teams.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
People are still playing it but because you can't join people on ranked it seems like less of your friends are. Furthermore I've found myself going back to other games when salt levels rise from too much Splat Zones so I might put in less Splatoon time each day as I did when it was only a mode that didn't make me see red

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
It's slowing down for sure. The inital hype is almost over and the game becomes part of our everyday life. At least for those who have it since launch. Nintendo has to release new content soon to keep the game fresh - especially maps. 6 maps with only 2 of them being playable at one time is not enough. Splatfests are coming too, so that's a good thing.

And of course the biggest deal is matchmaking. Without private lobbies where we can set up clanwars, we are pretty much stuck and can't develop team strategies at all.
Does anyone know when exactly the "big" update is going to be released? Beginning or end of August?

_Vicious_

Full Squid
NNID
Vicious09
wonder why its taking nintendo so long to develop a friend room system unless its in the games code already and there just wanting to seem cool by having DLC lol

Blatikin

Inkling
NNID
Blatikin
I dont know if any of you guys have been in serious competitive clans before but I just want to warn you that salt levels are gonna increase big time when they arrive. Peoples ego's are gonna get in the way and a whole lot of drama to boot. If your going to go into clans I recommend not getting too deep into the competitive nature. It's fine if you go in and have the mindset of you win some you lose some and not blame your teammates to heavily. You just tried your best.

I know naturally, clans will be fun for a while in the beginning (like in many other games). Just want to warn about the dark side of it too. I'm going to try look for not so serious clans myself.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
wonder why its taking nintendo so long to develop a friend room system unless its in the games code already and there just wanting to seem cool by having DLC lol
Everything will trickle down between now and August but I think it's been all but confirmed that proper friend only rooms will be among the last if not the last update

I also agree with @Blatikin because playing with or against friends make the stakes even higher. If you're getting salty now you ain't seen nothing yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom