• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is this just me?

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
So lately I've been having a really tough time. I try so hard to do good and win game and no matter what I wont. Just today I went from around A+ 60 to A 60. Why is this happening to me? It's starting to get immensely frustrating as well. I find myself shutting the game off with my blood boiling very often. Is this just me? I feel like everyone else is having a way easier time getting good with this game. Do I just suck now or what?

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I leave every lobby in ranked. If I get a great team....I might face them. If I get a bad team....I might get them again.

I am B- (96) atm. I was B(98) until I dropped hard to C-. Since that drop, I switched weapons and played around with abilities I generally ignore; such as Ninja Squid, Damage Up, Quick Respawn, Comeback. I then started playing abound with my sensitivities.

I also did that annoying saying; I "got good."

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
It's definitely not just you. That happened to me a lot. I was able to maintain A rank but I had certain periods where I would go down to A then back to A+. It's a really hard cycle to break. I noticed I tend to gain more points when I play Splat Zones and lose points in Tower Control, so I stopped doing Tower Control because it nearly always pisses me off. The mode itself isn't bad, it's just that nobody knows how to play it. Then again, I can't pin the blame on my teammates. I make mistakes too. I'm going to try Tower Control using different gear and then see if I have better luck at winning matches and therefore actually gain points instead of losing them.

Vexen

Senior Squid
NNID
Vexen_IV
It's definitely annoying to have happen, I went from C+ to C- once, then after climbing all the way to B- I fell back down to C. After the second fall I started to tinker around with weapons and abilities as well. My personal rule of thumb for those games has been "play until you lose 3 games." Mostly because by the third loss I'm starting to feel agitated by either my team, how I'm playing, or how the enemy team is playing

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Same here! I used to do very well at the game, I stopped playing for about a week or two.. then I just couldn't play well anymore. Still working to fix that. :/
Also, in ranked try not to be hard on yourself, unless you did the worst of your team it probably is just bad luck.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Yeah, this happens all the time to me! It gets so annoying, I try so hard, then I lose and end up turning off my Wii U. I think i'm good, so I don't know if it's my team or not. I finally made it to B- today, i'm trying so hard to keep it!

Forte

Inkster Jr.
Don't take it to heart. Your team just sucks and there's sadly nothing you can do about it. It's not you that is bad. It's your teammates. Remember that.

Cobbs

Senior Squid
NNID
CCobbs
This is why Turf War is the best mode for unwinding. Pick your favourite weapon and aim for 1000 points. If you lose, you can still get there.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Don't take it to heart. Your team just sucks and there's sadly nothing you can do about it. It's not you that is bad. It's your teammates. Remember that.
Tbh, I really think this is the opposite of what I should be thinking. Yes, teammates often are not great, but blamingcthem all the time isn't good. I should always try to find anything that I do wrong in a game, and learn from it.

Demosthenes

Inkling
NNID
OrigamiMan
Same here, over the past two days I've dropped from B+ 98 (So close ;-; ) to C+ 70 and haven't been able to get back in B+ at all. I've been playing really well it seems to me at least but NO ONE WANTS TO PUSH. I've literally rode the tower alone for 20 points or so a few times because my team wants to play 100% defense from the very start.

Maybe I'm missing something but pushing is kind of needed in ranked.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Its just the players that youre with. I was struggling to keep my B- Rank 2 weeks ago. 3 days ago, I ranked up all the way to A. Now Im at A-, where Im once again struggling to keep my rank.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
I don't really play ranked, but I find Tower Control is the easiest mode to "carry" your team. Guess I'm playing that + turf wars until B+ or A

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
I don't really play ranked, but I find Tower Control is the easiest mode to "carry" your team. Guess I'm playing that + turf wars until B+ or A
You cant increase your rank in Turf War

Power

Inkling Commander
yea it has happened to me, but i attribute it to being bored and frustrated easily from playing a bit too much and not thinking rationally (I am at A rank, used to be consistent A+99). For some reason, now you have to be able to super carry your team most of the time (at least for me) to win. Perhaps we formed some bad habits over the course of playing and they need fixing. I doubt that it is the player base that got better. I also figured out that I play much better near and during night than other times of the day. My reaction is on point and I play smart. Maybe I just have to get some rest before I play so I can actually be alert. Either way, just focus on what you do that is wrong. If i got too frustrated I just exercised in between matches to calm down lol.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
Going through similar experience. To keep on playing and getting higher is very difficult. I believe all of us are where we are supposed to be according to consistencies and skill. i have gotten to a point, I have ignored ranking altogether but focus more on my KD ratio and adopting strategies i saw on streams. I now enjoy my games a lot more even on loses because its ironing out my bad habits and making my mechanics better for the long run. After every game, try to understand why your team lost or won,what was the strategy or play style of your team and how you could play differently to influence the game more. Reading the game is what I am currently working on now. Normally the weapon composition tells a lot about how your opponents and teammates play style will be.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
So lately I've been having a really tough time. I try so hard to do good and win game and no matter what I wont. Just today I went from around A+ 60 to A 60. Why is this happening to me? It's starting to get immensely frustrating as well. I find myself shutting the game off with my blood boiling very often. Is this just me? I feel like everyone else is having a way easier time getting good with this game. Do I just suck now or what?
You got a bad day on your hands, man. Don't let it get you down. Believe in you, turn the game off, do something else you like doing and come back tomorrow. And I recommend in that time you don't think about what you did wrong in Splatoon either, just have a good time doing something else. Sleep on it and tomorrow you'll do way better, I promise.

Benjamin Hellcat

Inkster Jr.
NNID
H3llcat
I seem to have a problem with my connection. I disconnected 8 times today. That is 8 automatic losses and reduction of points. When i do have a good connection it seems that i have either incompetent team mates or very competent opponents...veryvery frustrating indeed. I went from B+ 94 to C+ 60 today. I finally got back to B- 30 and stopped. I will resume the climb tomorrow.

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
I was just going through the same thing, I try to look back at the previous match and think about what I could've done better, I also leave every lobby because very rarely do I get evenly matched teams so I can recommend that. Try not to let the losses get to you but if they do and it becomes frustrating either go to Turf Wars or put the game down for a little bit. Also new weapons or abilities never hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom