Is this normal?

NiamhNyx

Inkling
Is it normal for there to be frequent afks in this game? It seems like every time the highest level is on the other side, my side has two who just do nothing. It is really frustrating the hell out of me cause I have only had 3 matches with out any afks, and only 5 with out 2 or more afks.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
What's an "afk er"?

Cephalobro

What's worse are those who occasionally move to not be disconnected in Ranked. I can't tell you how many times I got a crack in my bar because of stupidity like that. This is why I wish there would be an option to directly report match sabotages without needing to use a separate device.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Its gamer slang for away from keyboard. I add the “-ers” because it’s a specific group of people.
It’s actually just afk.

Away = a . From = f . Keyboard = k . Player = er(s)
Who plays splatoon with a keyboard???

NiamhNyx

Inkling
What's worse are those who occasionally move to not be disconnected in Ranked. I can't tell you how many times I got a crack in my bar because of stupidity like that. This is why I wish there would be an option to directly report match sabotages without needing to use a separate device.
We need a separate device to report people? Thats just plain dumb...

NiamhNyx

Inkling
Basically, you need the Nintendo Switch Online App on your phone to do it.
Thats so dumb. No way of reporting in game. I just had 12 matches in a row that had 1-2 afks. I'm so close to returning this game.
EDIT:
make that 30 in a row now. This is almost worse than LoL and Dota 2 in terms of afks....

Last edited:

Belial

Full Squid
You can always block the problem players and you won't be match with them anymore. If you go onto your switch's user settings it'll show the people you played against recently in order. I do this when I get matched with evil game ruiners. I'd say though that I only usually notice this phenomenon the day splatfest. Splatfest gets so bad these days.

NiamhNyx

Inkling
You can always block the problem players and you won't be match with them anymore. If you go onto your switch's user settings it'll show the people you played against recently in order. I do this when I get matched with evil game ruiners. I'd say though that I only usually notice this phenomenon the day splatfest. Splatfest gets so bad these days.
I wish they would make a solution to the problem though. Like earlier today I faced a guy twice who had 2 afk, then 3 afk players. Was complete BS.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
30 disconnects in a row? That's... highly improbable. I've gotten maybe 3 in a row, ever. And I've only gotten 2 disconnects in a single game maybe 4-5 times. But I have a fantastic internet connection. Are you sure they're AFK's and not connection drops? And it's not just the same person in the same lobby over and over?

NiamhNyx

Inkling
I wish they would make a solution to the problem though. Like earlier today I faced a guy twice who had 2 afk, then 3 afk players. Was complete BS.
Its not always my team, but I have seen very few matches with out afks. Its so sad that nintendo is allowing the online community to do this... ohh wait, i remember, its nintendo they dont give a ****.

And yes they are afks, They just sit around the spawn point doing absolutely nothing but "booyah".

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
In my mind, people who give up mid-match are worse than the AFKers. When you notice that someone is AFK at the beginning of a match, you already know that it's an uphill battle from the start. Fair enough, it's a loss, let's do our best anyway and move on. When someone just leaves mid-match because the first two minutes of a match didn't go well, it makes it incredibly frustrating for the remaining players on that team since any chance you might've had to start a comeback is now gone.

I did have a match in Rainmaker yesterday though in which someone would just hang out hidden in our ink close to our base, despite the opponents not making any pushes whatsoever. Might've been a kid, but that wasn't fun either.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Thats so dumb. No way of reporting in game. I just had 12 matches in a row that had 1-2 afks. I'm so close to returning this game.
It's not like reporting AFK players will likely do that much good anyway. Blocking them is likely more useful, but not perfect from my experience.

30 disconnects in a row? That's... highly improbable.
Yeah, I find that a bit hard to believe as well. It's possible others are less lucky than I am with DCs, but not that much.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
I don't run into afkers often. Also...that keyboard and mouse video. I wish I could play that way.

NiamhNyx

Inkling
It's not like reporting AFK players will likely do that much good anyway. Blocking them is likely more useful, but not perfect from my experience.

Yeah, I find that a bit hard to believe as well. It's possible others are less lucky than I am with DCs, but not that much.
Again, it was not just on my team. I dont care what team someone goes afk on, it ruins it for both sides.
Its also quite annoying when a game is really close and someone either on your team or on the enemy team just afks in the spawn... Like come on.... It feels like ranked in league of legends all over again.... with out the chat.

NiamhNyx

Inkling
And now i have run in to some legitimate hackers. Its so much fun for all four people to be continuously killed in spawn from the start of the game...

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
And now i have run in to some legitimate hackers. Its so much fun for all four people to be continuously killed in spawn from the start of the game...
Really? :( I’ve yet to see hackers. I thought they could only hack gear abilities at the moment. I’m not sure what I need to look for now. I play both turf and ranked. Are they more common in ranked or turf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom