It would be nice to spectate online matches

the

Inkling Commander
Since spectator mode is a thing in local play (and i think private battles?) for tournaments and stuff, I think it would be cool if it was possible to just watch some turf or ranked matches if i'm salty and need to wind down, or just don't completely feel like playing.

I vaguely remember smash bros having a system where you could spectate online matches, and bet coins on the outcome. A similar system would be interesting in splatoon (especially with splatnet orders and gear-scrubbing bleeding me dry....), and probably wouldn't be too game-breaking if a limit was placed on how much you could bet. And it also wouldn't give you experience, just cash if you bet correctly.

What do you think? Would you use an option like that often? And what changes or specifics would you prefer if it did get added?

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I vaguely remember smash bros having a system where you could spectate online matches, and bet coins on the outcome.
Thing about that system is that those were actually replays, not actual matches going on at the same time. But yeah, I think the idea is doable, just a bit unlikely.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The spectator feature is quite advanced from what I've seen, so i dunno why they won't allow spectators for randos. Would be a great learning tool!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Definitely needs to be a thing, although I'm assuming by the way servers work in Splatoon 2 (or more honestly, FPS games in general) it wouldn't be possible in a way Nintendo would be willing to put forth the effort.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I loved having Smash matches on my 3DS playing while I did other things, it was a nice bit of background activity. The same in Splatoon 2 would be fantastic! Also, having spectated a few time it's fun using the sky-high view to see the raw chaos of a Splatoon match, you never truly experience it in-game cause you've only got one perspective.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I was just talking to my brother about this today since he recently got the game and is having trouble in C-.

I gave him various tips on each of the gamemodes to help him out, but he still seems to be having trouble. Unfortunately due to the lack of a spectate feature I can't really watch his games to see what mistakes he, or his teammates might be making and suggest ways to help him out (he can get to B- and we can play squads together).

I other words, I would definitely love to see a spectate feature for online matches in Splat 2. :p

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
I really like this idea. Additionally, you could see how many people are spectating your match, if any. It would be interesting.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
I'm actually upset it isn't a thing. :'^)
It's nice that we got spectate for PB matches but... heck, I juss wanna watch some random people/friends play the game in Turf or Rank while sittin' there eatin'. I do that with Overwatch so... WHERE IS IT, NINTENDO >:^(

Reactions: the

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
The more I think about it, maybe they were concerned about too many players being connected to a match at once. After all, it's only possible for two extra players to spectate a match normally.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
Does Overwatch feature dedicated servers? Because i cant imagine connecting more then a few spectators in a p2p hosted match.

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
When it was shown it was possible, I kinda thought it would be for random turf wars and ranked matches....maybe eventually they'll expand two additional slots just like PB's?

With how the online matches dc people one can imagine they are still working out bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom