its time for a minus server

Kamakira

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1123-4705-2722
to be quite honest its so tiring seeing the amount of top player privilege in this community and think it's extremely unfair that they have the plus server, an """exclusive""" club for the elite upper class of splatoon three. there just arent enough resources for those of us who are terrible at the game or are still hard stuck C+ in 2024, and its upsetting to see all these tournaments such as low ink and lsl catered towards high level players.

this is why i think we need to introduce the minus server and -1/-2/-3. a place for the worst of the worst. much like plus server there would be nominations and voting as quality control. i think this would save splatoon iii. retweet if you agree!

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad.

spindash

Inkster Jr.
I have to agree that even as I'm just getting started in comp, Low Ink feels like such a distant goal. Perhaps lowering the range of players they accept could mean less experienced players like us could feel more confident about joining them in being Low Ink banned.

Bits

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2573-6331-5817
It is unnecessary to be in the plus server if you're not ready to be in it, and there are plenty of resources for low level players, squid school has a guide to get out of each rank and far more guides for whatever skill you're looking to improve. Its not a right to be in the plus server, its a privilege, and to stay in it you must be skilled enough and be active in scrims. Also, low ink is not for high skill players, and ESPECIALLY not LSL. My personal opinion is that its your choice whether you want to be skilled or not, its dedication. Complaining will not make you better at the game.

Kamakira

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1123-4705-2722
We already have that, it's called Turf War :)
too many toxic spawncampers there.

It is unnecessary to be in the plus server if you're not ready to be in it, and there are plenty of resources for low level players, squid school has a guide to get out of each rank and far more guides for whatever skill you're looking to improve. Its not a right to be in the plus server, its a privilege, and to stay in it you must be skilled enough and be active in scrims. Also, low ink is not for high skill players, and ESPECIALLY not LSL. My personal opinion is that its your choice whether you want to be skilled or not, its dedication. Complaining will not make you better at the game.
i play splatoon every day i think i'm dedicated enough

Mazumie

Inkster Jr.
I have to agree that even as I'm just getting started in comp, Low Ink feels like such a distant goal. Perhaps lowering the range of players they accept could mean less experienced players like us could feel more confident about joining them in being Low Ink banned.
Okay but this is so true. I feel like we need to change the way we talk about levels of play. Low Ink is not Low Level / Beginner. It is mid-level.

The way we as a community talk about competitive Splatoon, there are three tiers or levels: 1. Low-level, 2. Mid-level 3. Top-Level. Low-level ranges from the lowest divs and people who never place all the way to div 5. That is a HUUGGGEEE range and an injustice to the skill range found therein. I can't say I know from experience, but I'm sure there is also a skill gap in a "Mid-level" Div 4 team that just got low ink banned and any teams/FA's breaking into the Top levels of play.

I think we would do better to talk about the range of competitive play into four levels: 1. Low-level (the first four bottom divs 11, 10, 9, 8), 2. Mid-level (Div 7, 6, 5, and teams that place in high-rank brackets) 3. High-level ( Div 4, 3, 2, and Low-Ink banned teams) and of course 4. Top-Level (Div 1/X)

Talking about levels of competitive play in this way, I think, would help to temper expectations. Helps those new to the scene not feel like they need to rush to the current "Mid-level" to be worth their salt. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe I'm a young, senile whipper snapper who needs copium to feel good about themselves because I'm still new to the competitive scene, but I'm willing to die on this hill until someone changes my mind.

NecoConeco

Semi-Pro Squid
none of this is true. none of it. F-

Bits

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2573-6331-5817
too many toxic spawncampers there.

i play splatoon every day i think i'm dedicated enough
And are you trying to improve or do you complain about your teammates being garbage?

Bits

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2573-6331-5817
i keep getting c rank players on my team so i can never win
So if I had you join my S+ lobbies you would perform well? Also you're in C rank, you face C rank opponents, especially in series, if you cannot beat C rank opponents then you are also part of the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom