• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Japan Splatfest: LOVE vs MONEY

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@SplatoonJP post

フェスの開催が告げられた。 お題は「世界を救うのは? 愛 vs おカネ」。 深いお題だが、どちらが良い悪いではない。 本当に必要なのはどちらか、よく考えて答えよう。 期間は10月31日(土)9:00~11月1日(日)9:00だ。
While we get the Ultimate Showdown for Halloween Splatfest, Japan gets philosophical.

D

Deleted Member

I have a feeling Team Money will triumph in battles.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Certainly will be interesting to see the results I think. I'm guessing a majority will vote for love.

Also for this Splatfest, the win percentage will be multiplied by 6.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I guess that skill will influence Splatfest victory a little more :V

In any case, the meta actually favors underdog teams.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
...That's Japan's best Splatfest theme ever, it's pretty great. I didn't think they would get that philosophical for a Splatfest but looks like they did it.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Japanese aren't interested in relationships and they have a cultural attitude of work being important (to the point of overwork and zero overtime pay), so I can see alot of them choosing Money.

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
What an interesting theme. The real fun is actually defending the idea that the initial choice is viable.

If this came out in America I have a feeling it'd be one sided. But I also think that a lot of Americans are wising up and just picking whichever they think will have the least amount of people.

Japanese aren't interested in relationships and they have a cultural attitude of work being important (to the point of overwork and zero overtime pay), so I can see alot of them choosing Money.
Love doesn't always mean relationships. Would you rather take an easier job that pays more money or possibly the job you love that might pay you less or be much harder on you?

Would you accept a bribe to betray a friend?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
If i were in JP i'd know which i'd be voting for

Also i'm assuming Callie represents Love, and Marie is all for Money. This makes a lot of sense to me.

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
If i were in JP i'd know which i'd be voting for
Also i'm assuming Callie represents Love, and Marie is all for Money. This makes a lot of sense to me.
Oh yea. I really feel like for every splatfest the characters really do represent their respective sides.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Love may seem obvious, but what breaks up most relationships? Money trouble.

Finacial stability removes so many possible sources of stress, I'd probably pick money.

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
Why can't we have both? -insert whynotbothmeme.jpg here-

On a serious note, I really like Japan's splatfest themes. For which side I would pick... At this time in my life I'd have to go with money over love.

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
I think Team Money will have a hard time defending their choice on Miiverse.

Does Japan have Republicans?
If by Republicans you mean staunch conservatives, then yes, they definitely do.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon

This is the DEEPEST splatfest ever, omg.

Considering Marie went on a date on port mackerel, I would assume she would fit the side of love much better. We don't have any record of callie going on a date except for mentioning said place is a good dating spot.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
With this scenario the results are way more interesting now.
Before I was like wtf.

Edit: Oh the question behind this topic is: Which one would save the world?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom