• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Japan Splatfest: LOVE vs MONEY

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Actually that statement is partly wrong. There is statistically more men that are timid and shy in japan culture than women. A lot of what makes their Dating Sim industry thrive so much is because of those shy men that cannot overcome their barriers and resort to such games. There are even some locations outfitted to support such gaming software to create the illusion of you being with a virtual love in actual life. It's actually true, as far as the young populous of Japan.
It also has to do with the fact that most people in Japan work 12-16 hour work periods. There not much reason to have a relationship if your not going to have time to see that other person and relationship is pretty much doomed to fail anyway.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
It also has to do with the fact that most people in Japan work 12-16 hour work periods. There not much reason to have a relationship if your not going to have time to see that other person and relationship is pretty much doomed to fail anyway.
I understand that and that's why I said 'partly wrong'. The amount of work a Japanese man or woman does everyday is the other percent of the reason. I'm accounting for the overlooked part of it that not many know about outside those who do the research or have visited Japan.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
So, anyone know how it's actually playing out in Japan's Splatfest at the moment?
I only played for a bit at the start yesterday, I think I won most of them, but money won quite a few as well. At first I saw mainly love posts on Miiverse, but looking at it now it seems to be fairly even judging by pictures and who is wearing what t shirt. I think it is still anyone's game.

Also I haven't faced my own team, but I think there was one instance where I was sent back to the lobby since it couldn't find anyone to play against.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
So it might be fairly close that way, huh?
Splatfest results are here!

image.jpeg

It was very close and Money had a slightly higher popularity with 53 percent to Love's 47 percent, but love pulled through by just 2 a percent advantage in wins with 51 percent to Money's 49 percent.

Final results were Love with 353 and Money with 347

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Wow, Callie's team wins again, no surprise.

However this does break the trend that Japan has been setting: This is the first time that a more popular team has lost.

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, looks like the victory multiplier increase had a significant effect on the outcome even though the popularity difference wasn't that big to begin with.

That said, now I wonder how the multiplier will affect a more lopsided-in-popularity Splatfest. More underdog victories, perhaps?

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Splatfest results are here!

View attachment 1959

It was very close and Money had a slightly higher popularity with 53 percent to Love's 47 percent, but love pulled through by just 2 a percent advantage in wins with 51 percent to Money's 49 percent.

Final results were Love with 353 and Money with 347
That's pretty interesting, to see both sides so close but have the less popular team win. I'll go crunch some numbers and see how this would've turned out under other formulae:

• Under the 2.0.0 formula (x4 for wins), Team Love would still win, but it'd be an extremely close one at 251-249.
• Under the 1.x formula (x2 for wins), Team Money would've taken the win with an equally close 151-149.
• And under the hypothetical x3 formula, both teams would've been tied at 200-200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom