• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Japanese Splatfest Features New Ink Color for Team Milk Tea · Results Posted

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings

Color me surprised! I honestly didn't think they'd implement new colors.

Looks almost vanilla bean-ish. Not sure what color milk tea typically is, but I'm guessing that's it!

Pretty neat that they're offering these exclusive colors. Hope to see some in NA and EU, as well.

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
Did they have to patch it in? Or did they sneak it in last patch?
If they didn't, this suggests they can do a lot with colors easily.

Also, what do the Inklings look like?

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
So is this exclusive to the Splatfest or is this permanent?

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I would've voted for milk tea, before knowing this, so this is awesome. I love how the inklings look !!

Tigurr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
disasterbreak
I'm surprised they used orange for Lemon Tea instead of yellow, I guess yellow wouldn't have stood out enough against white?

I feel like a chocolate vs vanilla Splatfest isn't impossible now...(it would look really gross...I want it)

Zovnig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zovnig
Switch Friend Code
SW-7684-8628-6291
Now i feel like drinking milk tea :D

But really cool if they start adding new colors every now and then :D

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord

Color me surprised! I honestly didn't think they'd implement new colors.

Looks almost vanilla bean-ish. Not sure what color milk tea typically is, but I'm guessing that's it!

Pretty neat that they're offering these exclusive colors. Hope to see some in NA and EU, as well.
I believe every single splatfest had unique hues unless someone can correct me.

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
All (and I mean literally all) Splatfest data is downloaded from their servers dynamically as they happen. If you don't have a backup, they're gone. Thankfully I can probably tweak it to get the color codes.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
This is interesting, I'm wondering if sponsored splatfests are coming to America. Coca Cola vs. Sprite anyone? Brown vs White for the ink...
Uh oh, I see why...

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Nah, this is the first.
Pretty sure they are all unique hues. Yes we have greens and blues etc. but they were specific hues are different than those used in normal gameplay. The green used for rollercoasters and the red/green ramen color are good ones to look at and compare with the normal colors. Look at the results screen because the lighting would be the same to normal result screens (The actual matches and plaza take place at night so that wouldn't be good material to compare with each other because different lighting) There is a thread somewhere around here with the specific colors of the normal ink. They are definitely different shades though.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Pretty sure they are all unique hues. Yes we have greens and blues etc. but they were specific hues are different than those used in normal gameplay. The green used for rollercoasters and the red/green ramen color are good ones to look at and compare with the normal colors. Look at the results screen because the lighting would be the same to normal result screens (The actual matches and plaza take place at night so that wouldn't be good material to compare with each other because different lighting) There is a thread somewhere around here with the specific colors of the normal ink. They are definitely different shades though.
Feel free to support your claim with pictures otherwise I'm inclined to disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom