• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Jeff in The Secret of the Salmonids

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1711579763579.png

"Oh, so you have a lab too. I guess this is where you build all of your nerdy inventions!", remarks Marie.

"Oh my, never in my life have I seen someone make their own house and lab!", remarks Jel La Fleur.

"Mr. Nogami is quite impressed. You are a true member of Squid Research Lab!", comments Mr. Nogami.

"Yeah, I put together my house here and this lab and call this place Jeff Village!", explains Jeff.

"Jeff Village? Sounds nerdy!", remarks Marie.

"So what are you gonna build here, Jeff?", asks Jel La Fleur.

"Funny you ask because we're all going to learn to fly!", answers Jeff.

"No, not me! I'm way too old for that. I would love to continue hanging out with you youngsters but I think I would just get in the way of your mission.", explains Jel La Fleur.

"How are you going to get back to your shop, Jel?", asks Marie.

"Oh, I'm staying at Jelly Fresh and hanging out with Jelonzo. Thanks for asking!", answers Jel La Fleur.

"Ok, be safe, Jel.", remarks Marie.

"Sure, hun.", answers Jel La Fleur as she exists the lab and heads towards Inkopolis Plaza.

"I hope, she doesn't get attacked by those Salmonids.", remarks Marie.

"Mr. Nogami thinks she'll be fine. I didn't see any Salmonids in this area.", remarks Mr. Nogami.

"Ok, so we're going to fly... right Jeff?", asks Marie.

"Yes, we're going to fly using caped gliders and we'll create the Jeff Splatoon.", explains Jeff.

1711580605303.png

"First we start with some PVC pipe and build a cape frame.", remarks Jeff.

"Ok, but are you sure that binding those pipes with glue from Harmony's shop is strong enough?", asks Marie.

"Sure!", answers Jeff.

"Well, you are using school glue and that scares me!", remarks Marie.

"Can you not be scared for now, Marie?", asks Jeff.

Marie gives a glare to Jeff.

1711580805548.png

"Second we cover this frame with clear plastic and tie it on with zip ties.", explains Jeff.

"That's painters' drop cloth!", remarks Marie.

"Yeah, but 4 mil.", explains Jeff.

"Oh, whatever...", remarks Marie.

1711585578592.png

"And now we have the Marie glider!", explains Jeff.

"I'm not to sure about this thing... actually, something just came to mind... so you were pretty much unstoppable in turf war from what I heard and you were even able to take on Ink Dogg which would be nearly impossible for Agent 3 or 4 to do... and you're nerd. Nerds can't fight all that well... well, we must take some risks to complete this mission. Yep, could me in!", remarks Marie.

1711586686049.png

"Well, Marie, I must say you look like a real agent!", comments Jeff.

"Yeah, my head is flooded with memories from when I was an agent years ago. It was fun and these were some of the best years that I lived!", remarks Marie.

"Mr. Nogami like Marie's glider and thinks he outfit matches the glider quite well!", comments Mr. Nogami.

"Thanks!", replies Marie.

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1711587203467.png

"Ok, Mr. Nogami, you're next. So for you we have a yellow cape with an embedded Squid Research Lab logo!", exclaims Jeff.

"Mr. Nogami is really happy but he's going to change his outfit! Just wait a sec...", remarks Mr. Nogami.

1711587694707.png

"MR. NOGAMI!!! Geeze what a ham! Can we get any less serious here?", exclaims Marie.

"Yeah, it's amazing if you can control the glider by having the control rope in your teeth!", comments Jeff.

"Anyways, so if we're to be in the Jeff Splatoon we all need weapons. Jeff, Nogami, do you have weapons?", asks Marie.

1711588111337.png

"Oh, yeah! I'm definitely ready!", exclaims Jeff.

"Jeff, you'll need to give that trombone back to Tao Blu once this is over, ok...", commands Marie.

"Nope!", remarks Jeff.

"Sigh... Mr. Nogami, you don't seem to have a weapon.", comments Marie.

"Mr. Nogami has his laptop! Mr. Nogami no need anything!", remarks Mr. Nogami.

"Mr. Nogami, your laptop is not a weapon. Come on, think... use your nerd intelligence. You can come up with a formidable weapon.", remarks Marie.

1711588788296.png

"Don't worry Mr. Nogami. I got you covered.", remarks Jeff.

"Jeff! Did you steal the copy machine from the lobby?", asks Marie.

"Yep. That thing was something we got commissioned to fix but we couldn't do anything with it so I kept it to experiment with.", explains Jeff.

"What are you going to do with it?", asks Marie.

1711590026203.png

"Well, just mount the robot to Mr. Nogami's back and hook it up to his laptop. Now we need a good weapon for it...", explains Jeff.

"Wow! That is very corny. It looks like he's carrying a baby or something. Can you really not fight that you need a robot on your back?", asks Marie.

"Well, we'll figure out the weapon thing for now let's add some flair.", remarks Jeff.

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1711591159239.png

"What the carp! Look, we don't have time to clown around!", remarks Marie.

"Yeah, but the robot is the secret agent who hides behind a nerd and is the muscles behind Mr. Nogami. It makes for a good news story when this mission is over. Eh?", explains Jeff.

"You nerds are quite odd. So anyways, what weapon will you give the robot?", asks Marie.

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1711663799900.png

"Well, let's build Mr. Nogami a weapon.", remarks Jeff.

"Where did you get all that wood... never mind...", asks Marie.

"Oh, people throw out crates and furring strips in the alleys. That's what I used to build my house and this lab!", explains Jeff.

1711665017048.png

"May I ask? What the heck is that?", asks Marie.

"Oh, that's the Nerd Punch! I always wanted to build it so I could use it against jocks in high school but I just didn't have to knowledge to work with wood. The shop teacher hated when I didn't listen to him!", explains Jeff.

"So, Mr. Nogami is going to use this?", asks Marie.

"No! The robot is!", replies Jeff.

1711665300656.png

"Mr. Nogami, how do you feel?", asks Jeff.

1711665493869.png

"Powerful!", exclaims Mr. Nogami.

"Geeze launch that thing at someone else!", yells Marie.

1711666078475.png

"If you ever pull that carp with me again I'm gonna splat you and I mean it - this is the last time. Quit monkeying around, nerds, we got a mission to do. First how to we fly with these things?", asks Marie.

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
Marie, Jeff, and Mr. Nogami head outside of Jeff Lab to Blackbelly Skatepark where they prepare to practice their flying.

1711666695364.png

"Actually, flying with these cape gliders is easy. All you have to do is hold the glider at roughly at 45 degree angle, run, and then jump. When you begin getting air put your feet on the rope. You can dive by pulling the front rope and climb by pushing down on the back rope with your feet. I'll teach you some fighting techniques when we get out to our destination.", explains Jeff.

1711677682307.png

"Ok, everyone, follow me!", instruct Jeff.

"Wow! This is surprisingly easier than I thought! I can't believe and invention like this could actually work!", exclaims Marie.

"Mr. Nogami is flying! Mr. Nogami is also using laptop while he's flying! Jeff, when we get back to Squid Research Lab I'm giving you part ownership in the company!", remarks Mr. Nogami.

"Awesome!", exclaims Jeff.

"So now since we are officially the Jeff Splatoon let's head back to Splatsville and determine why the Salmonids are going into the city.", instructs Marie.

"Yeah, let's do it!", cries Jeff.

"Mr. Nogami is in!", cries Mr. Nogami.

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
The Salmonids and Ink Dogg

The Jeff Splatoon arrive at Splatsville to see the sky still red.
1711678920665.png

"Hey! We need to look for those Salmonids.", explains Marie.

"Where do you think they came from? Did they swim from the spawn sites?", asks Jeff.

"No, I don't think so... It's a long distance for them to swim or travel. All they want to do is lay their eggs. Why do you think they went through large trouble to get sophisticated weapons from the Octarians?", remarks Marie.

"WAIT! I SEE SOMETHING!", cries Mr. Nogami.

"WHAT?", asks Marie.

"Down there, near the peer.", replies Mr. Nogami.

"What? A King Salmonid?", asks Marie.

"Mr. Nogami has never heard of a King Salmonid but it looks like Ink Dogg.", remarks Mr. Nogami.

1711679780763.png

"That pipe was not there a second ago!", exclaims Marie.

"Yeah... it's like it appeared out of nowhere... what is a pipe like that even for?", remarks Jeff.

"Mr. Nogami thinks it might be a large vent pipe.", adds Mr. Nogami.

"Maybe it rose up out of some door when we weren't looking but, boy, was it fast to appear! Seems too weird to me.", remarks Marie.

"Do you think Ink Dogg is connected with the Salmonids, Marie?", asks Jeff.

"We don't know if he is. He could just be collected golden eggs like Deep Cut. There are thieves like him all around. Maybe he's using the pipe as an escape hatch but why here where it's so obvious?", questions Marie.

"Wait! Do you all hear that noise?", asks Marie.

"Yeah, it sounds like Salmonids. Do you think they're coming out of the pipe?", asks Jeff.

1711680471605.png

"I do not believe what I am seeing. Salmonids are normally very aggressive but they seem to be lining up around Ink Dogg.", remarks Marie.

"Mr. Nogami not know what that mean. Don't Salmonids also align with Octarians?", asks Mr. Nogami.

"They have a treaty with the Octarians but they only exchange power eggs they don't hang out together like this, especially Cohocks. Octarians meet with the more intelligent Salmonids. Something is wrong here...", explains Marie.

"Should be attack them?", asks Jeff.

"No, just wait. I think they're going to go into the pipe.", remarks Marie.

"Really? You mean the Salmonids?", asks Jeff.

"No, I mean everyone down there! Like everyone including Ink Dogg. They don't appear to be threatening him. He seems to be connected with them.", explains Marie.

"You mean like he leads them?", asks Mr. Nogami.

"No. Something else... more like he controls them.", explains Marie.

"Then mind control.", suggests Jeff.

"No, not necessarily. They may be loyal to him. There's also something very odd about Ink Dogg but I'll tell you what I think later. Let's see if they all go into the pipe.", instructs Marie.

1711680978534.png

"Now I'm getting creep-ed out! I can't believe I was right. There's something very wrong about Ink Dogg. It's almost like... let's get out of here for now. I hope he didn't notice us.", remarks Marie.

"So what do we do now?", asks Jeff.

"We need to go back to the city and talk to Deep Cut. Supposedly they went to high school with Ink Dogg so they might know a little about him.", explains Marie.

"So what's so weird about Ink Dogg anyways? Mr. Nogami wants to know!", asks Mr. Nogami.

"I'll tell you now what I think but keep in mind I could be wrong. So Ink Dogg has only shown up a few times. He appears to be well known in Splatsville and even Inkopolis but he disappears for years at a time. No one knows where he goes.", explains Marie.

"Um... so he goes underground, like to the Deep Sea Metro?", asks Jeff.

"No, people would know where he goes. People are very connected in Splatsville and Inkopolis. When someone disappears, they know. By the way, that pipe cannot lead to the Deep Sea Metro.", explains Marie.

1711681446019.png

"IT'S GONE! WHAT THE CARP!", screams Marie.

"That's some freaky stuff because I saw it disappear into thin air!", exclaims Jeff.

"Yes! Mr. Nogami was freaked out!", adds Mr. Nogami.

"Let's go down there to see if there is any trace of a trap door or something.", commands Marie.

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1711681916766.png

"I can't believe this! The ground is completely solid! There isn't even a slight seam or anything. I've been to this peer with Callie and don't remember there being any kind of door here!", exclaims Marie.

"I'm looking closely at the concrete to see if there could be anything. Mr. Nogami, can you do a radar scan?", asks Jeff.

"Yes, Jeff-san, but I already looked after using the radar. There is nothing by concrete and gravel under that.", remarks Mr. Nogami.

"Wait! You guys have ground penetrating radar? But isn't that usually on wheels?", asks Marie.

"No, this is a portable one integrated into the laptop. It sends radio signals into the ground. They can go deep into the ground.", explains Jeff.

"Ok, why would you have that?", asks Marie.

"Here at Squid Research Labs our goal is to study the behaviors of the squid in it's natural habitat!", explains Mr. Nogami.

"Ok... well, if your radar shows that there really is nothing under this concrete slab then it could mean that either we were hallucinating from all the stress or we witnessed some portal to another universe.", explains Marie.

"Is that even possible?", asks Jeff.

"I don't know. I'm freaked out about this whole experience today... and just noticed... the sky cleared up... how weird.", explains Marie.

"Doesn't that happen when Big Run ends?", asks Jeff.

"Sure, but now I'm starting to connect it with this event. I'm just not sure how they're connected.", explains Marie.

"So what do we do? Mr. Nogami is in complete suspense.", asks Mr. Nogami.

"We should head back to the city. I'll talk to Deep Cut and see what they know about Ink Dogg. You two... should go about your daily lives...", remarks Marie.

"Why? So the Jeff Splatoon is over?", asks Jeff.

"It's postponed. We need to gather information first before we can know what to do. I'm going to bring Agent 4 into this if I can.", explains Marie.

"Will she fly with us?", asks Jeff.

"No. She'll investigate from the ground. Anyways, let's get out of here! I mean like now!", command Marie.

"So, what do we do next?", asks Jeff.

"We need to talk to Deep Cut. Yes, you two can come along. You're now in the Jeff Splatoon. Ok, let's go!", commands Marie.

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1711919865171.png

The Jeff Splatoon and Deep Cut later meet to discuss important information about Ink Dogg.

"So, I think it's best to meet in the lobby break room for this as hardly anyone goes in here anymore. We're here because we saw something strange happen with Ink Dogg.", explains Marie.

"So what do you want to know about Ink Dogg?", replies Shiver.

"Well, didn't he go to high school with you?", asks Marie.

"Yes, but he only showed up a few times. We don't have much memory of him until a couple of years ago when he become famous.", explains Shiver.

"Really? You're saying he didn't attend school regularly?", inquires Marie.

"Yeah, he only showed up a few times now that I remember. He was regarded as delinquent but we never knew much about him.", explains Frye.

"Ok, you say 'never knew much about him', please elaborate on that.", requests Marie.

"Well, we never knew anything about him or his family... if he even had one... he just kind of appeared out of nowhere in a sense.", explains Frye.

"He apparently showed up to class even though he was not on the roster. The teachers didn't mind him as he had a colorful personality. He would stay for months at a time or even for the whole quarter and then disappear.", adds Shiver.

"Disappear?", asks Marie.

"Yeah, like for years at a time. We only saw him freshman year and senior year. I think we also say him one time in middle school.", explains Shiver.

"Yeah... I sort of remember him, but not really well.", adds Frye.

"That's really weird...", remarks Marie.

"Why do you ask?", asks Shiver.

"We saw him with the Salmonids and he looks like he was leading them into a mysterious pipe... and we saw the pipe disappear!", remarks Jeff.

"WHAT?", asks Shiver.

"Yeah, it's hard to believe but we saw him standing by a weird looking pipe on the pier of Splatsville, some Salmonids come out, Ink Dogg going back into the pipe with the Salmonids, and the pipe disappearing into thin air before our very eyes!", explains Marie.

"What? That's crazy!", remarks Frye.

"We all saw it! Mr. Nogami knows what he saw! It's on Mr. Nogami's laptop!", explains Mr. Nogami showing everyone the video of the incident.

"That... is... really... weird.", remarks Shiver.

"Maybe he's from another universe or something. Maybe the Salmonids are too.", suggests Frye.

"Man, this is wack but this mission is turning out to be cool. Hey Marie, let's all follow them in!", suggests Jeff.

"In where? The pipe disappeared and when we used Mr. Nogami's group penetrating radar there was nothing but concrete under the platform.", explains Marie.

"That's really weird. So then there's no way to follow them or see where they're going?", asks Shiver.

"We don't know that. We can only speculate on this. Normally, I don't engage in missions like this. In the past we had an agent such as Agent 3 do the task for us while we would watch via spyglasses but now I feel that I must be part of this mission and this time there are three of us...", explains Marie.

Just then Callie comes into the room.

1711921188365.png

"Hey squids!", exclaims Callie.

"Callie, we need to talk to you about something important and get your opinion on the matter.", explains Marie.

"I overheard your conversation. All I can say is that Ink Dogg is not from this world. The captain and Craig know a bit about this.", explains Callie.

1711922300935.png

"Oh, there they are...", remarks Callie.

"Why is the captain standing all the way over there?", asks Jeff.

"Oh, she's very shy in public and prefers not to be close to crowds.", remarks Callie.

"So, we've been a while here, let's eat before we continue.", remarks Shiver.

"Yeah! Nogami hungry!

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
A New Mission

1711923099000.png

"The captain may not talk much but she can sure cook a roast! Damn, that duck smells good!", remarks Jeff.

"Are you sure we can grill in here? I mean isn't it against the fire code?", asks Marie.

"Nah, that ducks smells too good to care!", remarks Frye.

"Can we get ice cream afterword?", asks Shiver.

"So, grandpa, do you know about this Ink Dogg guy?", asks Marie.

"Yes! A long time ago during the Great Turf War, Ammoses Shellendorf, may have seen him!", explains Craig.

"What? Are you serious? Or is it someone that looks like him?", asks Marie.

"No, I don't think so, Ammoses, said he saw someone dressed from the future - with the face of a dog, a bright short-sleeve shirt, and shorts with a weird texture. He was also carrying something that looked like a cellphone that we would recognize today. This technology didn't exist in the past! He was also a 'rapper', of which the term wasn't known at the time, and would go onstage only once before disappearing for many years. No one knew of his whereabouts after that. We also didn't know where we came from or who he was related to.", explains Craig.

"What? That's so odd. Shiver and Frye had the same experience as well.", remarks Marie.

"Is this him?", asks Mr. Nogami showing Craig a picture of Ink Dogg that he snapped from his laptop.

"Yes... he looked almost like that. He was quite odd because we could not tell what species he was and he appears to be a mammal of some sort... who knows if that is one of his descendants if he has any.", explains Craig.

"Do you think he came from another universe, like Callie suggested?", asks Jeff.

"Not sure. Just because someone disappears doesn't me they phase out of existence. They could simple have run away.", explains Craig.

"Then how do you explain his cellphone?", asks Callie.

"Ammoses saw it - not me. I'm not sure if he misinterpreted someone he saw. Sometimes people do that. Could have been a pack of smokes or something!", laughs Craig.

"Grandpa, this is not funny. We saw Ink Dogg enter a strange looking pipe with a group of Salmonids and then the pipe disappear into thin air!", explains Marie.

"What? That's crazy. Maybe the Salmonids kidnapped him and there's a trap door.", suggests Craig.

"No, we saw Ink Dogg lead the Salmonids back into the pipe, then jump in and look around, and the pipe disappear. When Mr. Nogami, that nerd in the white coat over there, used his group penetrating radar he only measured concrete - then gravel. No void where a pipe to descent into.", explains Marie.

"Pipe... was it green?", asks Craig.

"Yes, why?", asks Marie.

"A shade of green with some yellow?", asks Craig.

"Yes! Why is that important?", asks Marie.

"Hmm... could be an entrance to the Dogg City.", suggests Craig.

"The Dogg... city?", asks Callie.

"Yeah... it was more of an urban legend but supposedly a giant yellow-green pipe leads to another city.", explains Craig.

"Like an underground city?", asks Callie.

"No, it supposedly has different euclidean geometry. Basically, it is mirrored - essentially, no sky, just ground above and below... or city, for that matter. It also may extend infinitely.", exclaims Craig.

"So, another universe?", asks Jeff.

"Sure, but only Ammoses has seen it. He told us that he peered into the pipe and saw a strange city with light coming out of the ground... something like sunlight!", explains Craig.

"Whoa!", remarks Shiver.

"However, we can talk to Sheldon, as he would have more information on this. I only heard of it from Ammoses.", explains Craig.

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
"Can we talk to Sheldon?", asks Mr. Nogami.

"Sure, I'll ping him.", remarks Craig.

"Hey! What a party this is! Duck! My favorite! Just like my grandpa used to make!", exclaims Sheldon.

"Hey Sheldon! We were talking about that pipe your grandpa saw. Do you have any info on it?", asks Craig.

"Yeah, when I was a kid my grandpa would talk about this weird yellow-green pipe that he saw and how he would see 'the rapper' jump into it. One day we followed the rapper and looked into the pipe. We could not believe our eyes! There was a whole city in there and we saw buildings above and below. We sent a gas-powered mini helicopter in there called the 'flying camera'. There was no sky - just buildings everywhere except for the sides. It appears that the city could have extended to infinity as we saw no land features in the distance. There was also some weird fog. Anyways, my grandpa and I were so terrified of the encounter that we left the flying camera and ran. For years I had problems sleeping and found it to be mind boggling about how such as place could exist - completely different laws of physics as the flying camera saw people riding strange vehicles up and down the sides of buildings!", explains Sheldon.

"So do you have any recordings of the incident?", asks Craig.

"No, it was a live broadcast and we even had a TV to watch the whole thing. We just could not believe what we saw!", remarks Sheldon.

"Did the pipe disappear because Marie and her Splatoon saw it disappear into thin air?", asks Craig.

"We did not see the pipe disappear but when we went back after a few weeks we took a group and the pipe was nowhere to be found!", explains Sheldon.

The group continues eating the duck but no one says a word to one another after what they heard.

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
"So, what do we do now?", asks Callie, breaking the silence.

"If Ink Dogg is really involved with the Salmonids then they may be controlled by him and we would need to defeat him.", explains Craig.

"So, go into the Dogg City and defeat him?", asks Marie.

"Yes, but don't send anyone alone. Radar was able to go through the pipe but I doubt it would reach this world once you're far into the city. Plus we're not sure of the type of geometry there. Flying could be a good choice - I assume you three can fly... but the laws of physics could be very different so it might not work the same way it does in this world. Going in there could be dangerous too and much more that raiding an underground dome.", explains Craig.

"So, then it's settled. Us three should go into the pipe - put radar near by to transmit live feeds-", explains Marie.

"Wait! The pipe could disappear rendering live feeds useless and you trapped in the other world... maybe forever. If the pipe can reappear you must find out how it's done.", explains Craig.

"I don't know if I can assist you but I'm willing to take the risk to bring you supplies into the other world. I will remain there too as long as you remain.", adds Sheldon.

"Thanks, Sheldon.", remarks Marie.

"Yeah, but first we have to find the pipe and maybe it won't appear for years!", remarks Jeff.

"That's... definitely a good point. Also, are there other pipes as well?", adds Craig.

"We only saw one but there's not reason not to think so...", remarks Sheldon.

"Did Ink Dogg have a ladder?", asks Jeff.

"Yes. He forgot it at the time and the pipe reappeared, though we didn't see it, and he got his ladder and fled back into the pipe.", remarks Sheldon.

"If we didn't see him take the ladder into the pipe he must have forgotten it. Let's go back to the pier and see if the pipe reappears.", instructs Marie.

"What the carp? What if it doesn't appear?", remarks Callie.

"We need to try, Callie. We've just go to. We're having tons of problems with Salmonids now invalid the city and we need to find out what the cause is.", explains Marie.

"I know we have problem but what if the mission is a fail and you three get stuck there? What if the race that lives there imprisons you?", asks Callie.

"Hmm...", remarks Marie.

"I think we should let them go on with the mission. Plus Marie has two nerds with her and nerds are very smart and good a planning.", remarks Craig.

"I'm going too and I'm a nerd... sort of!", exclaims Sheldon.

"Whatever you four do you must figure out how to reopen the pipe once in that world. You may let more Salmonids in but it would be more important to have you all back here... by the way have you fought Ink Dogg?", asks Craig.

"Yeah, but his ladder attack is just too much!", exclaims Jeff.

"Oh, that! Yeah, Craig, my grandfather, and I jumped him after a performance when he took our recordings. He climbed up a ladder, balanced on it, and tried to knock us down. We splatted him from three sides. It appears that he can only win when fighting one on one.", explains Sheldon.

"So we can beat him?", asks Marie.

"Sure. Just surround him if you fight him. He doesn't appear to be very tough... or smart.", remarks Sheldon.

"Then it's settled... we'll camp out by the pier starting tomorrow and see if he comes back for the ladder.", instructs Marie.

"Good choice, squiddos!", remarks Craig.

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
The Jeff Splatoon flies back to the Splatsville pier the very next morning.
1711939238287.png

"Jeff, Mr. Nogami, we're camping on the peer!", instruct Marie.

"Wait! Why are we camping there?", asks Jeff.

"Because the Ink Dogg could pop out of the pipe right there. We'll camp on the perimeter. I want to make sure we'll be ready for him!", explains Marie.

1711939411442.png

"Ok, Jeff Splatoon. Set up camp on the edges of the platform.", instruct Marie.

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1711940670870.png

"Mr. Nogami, quit staring at the fish. We're gonna eat soon.", says Marie.

"Mr. Nogami, need some BBQ sauce with his fish.", request Mr. Nogami.

"Mr. Nogami, we don't have BBQ sauce - we just didn't bring it. Please let us enjoy our stay here before we go into battle... if we do...", requests Marie.

"This place is paradise. It's like we're on vacation! Do we get payed for this?", asks Jeff.

"If the Salmonids take over there won't be anything to buy. Defeating Ink Dogg and his Salmonids is our priority if we want to live well.", explains Marie.

"Yeah, but what if Ink Dogg never shows up... at least here.", remarks Jeff.

"Jeff, we're gonna have to try... we just have to... come on, be a little more optimistic.", requests Marie.

1711941284652.png

"Do you see that out there?", notices Marie.

"Oh, it's the pipe... but it's on an island.", remark Jeff.

"Mr. Nogami see it and can't believe it... but he wants to eat now!", remarks Mr. Nogami.

"No, we should wait here and see who comes out.", instructs Marie.

1711941609176.png

"Oh, dogg doo doo! It's Jeff. I don't need this right now!", remarks Ink Dogg.

"Let's get him! Jeff Splatoon! Attack!", commands Marie.
1711943137709.png

"Ink Dogg doesn't need this, dogg!", exclaims Ink Dogg.

1711943573990.png

"Yeah, dogg! You can't defeat me. I know Dogg magic... so get used to it. You're in my doggy dogg world now!", exclaims Ink Dogg as Marie is vacuumed into the pipe.

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1711943825560.png

"You other doggs can join your friend too, dogg. No one meddles with Ink Dogg!", exclaims Ink Dogg.

1711944990546.png

"Oh, carp! Where the heck are we falling into?", exclaims Marie.

"Mr. Nogami didn't join for this! Mr. Nogami is going to need severance pay!", exclaims Mr. Nogami.

"Whoa! The legend was true! There is a city down here!", exclaims Jeff.

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
The Dogg World

The Jeff Splatoon falls through what seems like an impossible upside down city only to fall upwards. They are freaked out!
1711984206315.png

"Ahhhh! What the heck is happening? This doesn't make any sense!", screams Marie.

"Whoa! Just like in Spider Man! I can't believe a place like this actually exists!", exclaims Jeff who seems to be enjoying the scenery.

"Mr. Nogami needs to add this to his Splatoon game when he get back to the office!", exclaims Mr. Nogami.

1711985001732.png

"Geeze! What is this place? ...it's terrifying! Can we even get out of here?", asks Marie.

"There's the pipe way up there!", exclaims Jeff.

"No, too high up even for us. We need to look for another pipe, eventually, but for now we need to see where Ink Dogg went and what he's up to.", instructs Marie.

"Mr. Nogami notices the air smells like heated metal.", remarks Mr. Nogami.

"Yeah, I smell it too and it's red. I wonder if the inhabitants here drive a lot or maybe the lack of sunlight is a factor for this.", comments Marie.

"So where do we go, Marie?", inquires Jeff.

"We probably should walk the streets first. We're less likely to get noticed and we'll stand a better chance of finding Ink Dogg. We can just glide down from here... if this even is down!", remarks Marie.

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1711999678171.png

"This place is so weird... look how small the windows of these buildings are and the buildings themselves are not that tall!", remarks Marie.

"Yeah... it's like a miniature city and there are no doors that I see anywhere on the buildings...", adds Jeff.

"As scary as it was falling from that pipe we probably only fell about 100 feet or so.", adds Marie.

"Mr. Nogami thinks this city is strange - there is nothing but-", adds Mr. Nogami before he is cut off.

1712003496177.png

"Ok... this place is so weird. How can someone who dresses so rich ride a bike with wood on it?", asks Marie.

"Yeah, have you noticed there are no cars here?", asks Jeff.

"But then where did the smog come from? And why does that person have wood on his bike? It looks like a battering ram on wheels... with a laptop... and he has a cane.", remarks Marie.

"Mr. Nogami attack!", exclaims Mr. Nogami.

"No, Mr. Nogami. There is no need. He doesn't look dangerous. Just leave him alone! We should be looking for Ink Dogg. We need to find him in this jungle of bizarre buildings, anyways, let's continue searching... maybe inside of one of these buildings...", suggests Marie.

1712004087484.png

"That was really weird and surprisingly he just ignored us like we weren't here. I mean he looked at us for a second and then continued on his way. Have these people seen squids before?", asks Marie.

"Mr. Nogami is more intrigued about this city. It looks like a giant labyrinth so far. The streets are twisted and at right angles. Also the roads are very narrow and look like they accommodate only bikes.", remarks Mr. Nogami.

"If these people are so green in their technology then- ...oh, I see, he was carrying a smoke. No wonder this place stinks.", remarks Jeff.

"Squids, we have work to do - hop to it!", commands Marie.

1712021303604.png

"Wait... wait... what is going on here?", asks Marie.

"What are you talking about Marie?", asks Jeff.

"Just look up - you'll see a dogg on a bicycle riding strait down the wall... honestly, it must be the air here. Probably our minds are hallucinating...", remarks Marie.

"Nah, dogg, we ain't hallucinating at all, we real!", remarks the person riding down the building.

"How can you do this? Is there some kind of artificial gravity?", asks Marie.

1712021586147.png

"Wait a sec, now, we all cool doggs, wuz up?", asks the dogg person.

"Are you using a vertical wire to ascend of descend?", asks Marie.

"Whoa, doggs, let me introduce myself first... I'm Mack Dogg leader of the Big Dogg sector of Dogg World.", says Mack Dogg.

"Wait, Big Dogg sector? Dogg World? I was in shock when I saw you descend the building... and you can speak Inklish?", asks Marie.

"Yeah, we know all about you people in the other dimension - what we call the Squid Dimension or something like that.", replies Mack Dogg.

"Wait! We're in another dimension and not underground?", asks Jeff.

"Yep, I've never been to your world but I heard about it from my friend Ink Dogg whom goes there a lot and I do mean a lot!", replies Mack Dogg.

Mack Dogg pauses a bit to park his bike.

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1712022036309.png

"See, we are a species called Doggs, regarded for our vocal ability... basically, we can sing. We love to meet other species that can sing as well.", explains Mack Dogg.

"Oh, a couple of Small Fry.", remarks Mr. Nogami.

"Yeah, they work for us. They are low order inhabitants of the Dogg World and they're native to the waters of here!", explains Mack Dogg.

"Ah... wait... I'm about to have a panic attack...", says Marie.

"You ok, Marie?", asks Jeff.

"Yeah... just in shock. I thought the Salmonids, as we call them, evolved alongside us.", suggests Marie.

"Nah, dogg, they entered your world through the portals we created. We just send them to collect stuff but boy do they procreate! Kind of like roaches. We don't have any of these insects here but Ink Dogg tells me the pests are prevalent in your world.", remarks Mack Dogg.

"What do you use the Salmonids for?", asks Marie.

"Oh, they get stuff for us, like from other worlds.", explains Mack Dogg.

"Like what?", inquires Marie.

"Well, like this watch and my hat.", replies Mack Dogg.

"That's not a hat, it's a turbine vent for a house.", remarks Jeff.

"What's a house? What's a vent?", asks Mack Dogg.

"You don't have houses?", asks Marie.

"What are they?", asks Mack Dogg.

Mr. Nogami shows a picture of a house on his laptop.

"Whoa! So green! That world looks cool but I like this one better... just the night life... but you should see it during the day!", exclaims Mack Dogg.

"So where do you live?", asks Jeff.

"Up there.", says Mack Dogg who points to a building in the sky.

"Inside an upside down building?", asks Marie.

"What is upside down? What does that mean?", asks Mack Dogg.

"In our world we have a sky.", explains Mr. Nogami.

"Here, there is no such thing, though, I have heard about it. To get up there you need to take a pipe. It will lead to the far side of the city.", explains Mack Dogg.

"Wait... why did we fall down from a pipe we took?", asks Marie.

"From the other world, I assume? Well, gravity is localized in this world. On some objects it behaves differently. Like, I can ride up buildings with my City Hog.", explains Mack Dogg.

"That's weird.", remarks Jeff.

"No, what's odd is your world, from what I've been told, everything gets pulled down. Now, that's freaky!", remarks Mack Dogg.

"Do you have cars?", asks Mr. Nogami.

"Car? What is that?", asks Mack Dogg.

"Oh, Mr. Nogami asks too many questions. Basically, this.", says Marie pointing to a picture of a car on Mr. Nogami's laptop.

"Wow! That's big. Here we just use this City Hogs. No need for anything like that. Yeah, there's a bit of road rage here too and we frequently knock bumpers and sometimes canes!", laughs Mack Dogg.

"So, we need to meet with Ink Dogg but where can we find him?", asks Marie.

"Where... you mean when. See, time works differently here than in your world and I studied a lot about your world... well, I heard bits and pieces but in the Dogg World... well, it extends to infinity.", explains Mack Dogg.

"Infinity... like forever?", asks Jeff.

"Yeah, and I've been there too!", remarks Mack Dogg.

"You can't get to infinity. You'd have to be walking or riding forever.", remarks Marie.

"No way! You can get there in this world but you need to know when your going.", explains Mack Dogg.

"Wait! Does the city go to infinity too? I don't see any mountains or trees or anything but buildings and roads!", remarks Jeff.

"Trees... oh, those things from your world... no, we don't have that stuff... just concrete, roads, and buildings.", explains Mack Dogg.

"Did you Doggs create the world and the buildings?", asks Mr. Nogami.

"We did but they always been here. We don't have a beginning to our time just like I don't have what in your world you call age. I just existed.", explains Mack Dogg.

"Wow! Deep!", remarks Jeff.

"So, Ink Dogg?", asks Marie.

"Yeah, dogg, you need to look for bright lights. I assume y'all can fly? I mean Ink Dogg told me about it. As Ink Dogg is always partying you'll know where and when he is. And if you need to get to the far side of the city take the magenta pipes.", explains Mack Dogg.

"How do you get into a building?", asks Mr. Nogami.

"Oh, those, they ain't nothing in there. They're just to partition the streets. But if you do want to see the inside of one take a pipe on top of the building. The streets are dark in there and that's where the Salmonids hang out.", explains Mack Dogg.

"Wow! Cool!", remarks Mr. Nogami.

"Anyways, it's been nice meeting you'll doggs but I got to go. If you do see Ink Dogg go with good intentions. He's very powerful. Don't dogg him off, ok.", suggest Mack Dogg.

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1712024096322.png

"That was the oddest thing I've ever heard. So we're in another universe where reality is mind boggling. We've got to be careful because we can get lost here in time.", explains Marie.

"I was wondering why Sheldon didn't show up.", remarks Jeff.

"Maybe he chickened out or maybe he's in the past. I don't want to scare anyone but it's possible. The other thing is how did Ink Dogg appear over 100 years ago? Well, he probably went to a different time here and exited this world to the past.", adds Marie.

"And people don't age here.", remarks Jeff.

"Yeah, very odd. They just always existed, like this world. There's no beginning. Anyways, let's look for Ink Dogg. I want to talk with him, if possible but I'm afraid we may have to fight him.", explains Marie.

"Also why am I not hungry? Do people not eat here?", asks Jeff.

"Probably, there's no need to eat and we could live forever but I don't like this place. It's so weird and monotonous. We need to find a way out of here when we're done. The residents seem ok but they may be loyal to Ink Dogg and they could be misleading us. We need to be careful. I don't know anything about this species and the fact that Salmonids may have come from here means that they could be using them to take over our world.", explains Marie.

"But in our world the doggs would age.", remarks Jeff.

"Yes, but I don't think they want to live with us. They probably want our resources, like from what you heard from Mack Dogg.", explains Marie.

"Ok, enough talk, let's fly to the top of these buildings and look for the lights.", instructs Marie.

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1712188576731.png

"No lights! But we have a pipe!", remarks Marie.

"Yeah, let's go in it! I want to see what's inside of the buildings!", exclaims Jeff.

"No, Jeff. We don't know what we will encounter in there. Mack Dogg said something about dark streets... like in the buildings... yeah... anyways, I don't think it's a good idea and we're better off staying up here... if this is even up!", suggests Marie.

1712191490172.png

"Mr. Nogami!!! Did he just get sucked into the pipe?", screams Marie.

"Yeah, it's like he was vacuumed in. Just like us when we fought Ink Dogg... what should we do?", asks Jeff.

"We need to go after him. He's still a member of our Splatoon. So, let's go into that pipe!", instruct Marie.

"Ok!", exclaims Jeff.

1712191691431.png

"This, honestly, has to be one of the weirdest missions I've ever seen. I'd gladly submit myself to the Octarians than do this... but do I have a choice?", comments Marie.

Last edited:

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
1712268692167.png

"What a weird place. It's nearly pitch black in here. Just boarded up windows... how terrifying!", exclaims Marie.

"Reminds me of the backrooms.", adds Jeff.

"The... backrooms?", asks Marie.

"Yeah, an internet horror genre where you're trapped in an infinite expanse of hallways.", explains Jeff.

"Is it dark like this?", asks Marie.

"No, not really but just imagine an infinite office.", explains Jeff.

"I'd rather be in an infinite office than here but we have to find Mr. Nogami.", suggest Marie.

1712270247472.png

"This has to be the weirdest building I've seen. Why is there a street inside a building?", asks Marie.

"Well, Mack Dogg said the streets were dark inside the buildings.", remarks Jeff.

"Yeah, but what's the point of this? It doesn't make any sense!", exclaims Marie.

"It kind of makes sense. If it rains then... people can still hang out on the streets!", laughs Jeff.

"Really? Unless that's part of the culture here. I'm wondering if we're even inside a building or in some other dimension. Man, my head is starting to hurt!", exclaims Marie.

"So where do you think Mr. Nogami is?", asks Jeff.

"We can start by going down the street. Perhaps he landed here and began walking forward looking for an exit. Ok, let's go!", instructs Marie.

1712270677008.png

"Yeah, it's getting dark in here and it looks like the lamps are dimming the farther we go and it's getting pretty dark in here.", remarks Marie.

"Should we turn back?", asks Jeff.

"No. We need to keep moving forward. I know he's down there somewhere... by the way, we're been flying for at least a few miles... but what building extends for miles. I mean, maybe it's like you said - this is some kind of backrooms.", replies Marie.

"I hope not, because there's no escape from the backrooms!", exclaims Jeff.

"Can you wipe that stupid grin off your face? This is serious. We could lose our comrade. We need to stop this smirking... geeze, you're taking this like it's an adventure when we could be stuck here forever. GROW UP!", yells Marie.

1712271236519.png

"It's that red smog from outside buy why is it in here? It smells kind of metallic... is there some industrial processing going on here? Anyways, we need to be careful breathing too much of this it could be bad for out health.", remarks Marie.

"Maybe someone's cooking something!", exclaims Jeff.

"Jeff! Shut up! Just please stop talking! You're making me nervous. I'm a little bit terrified of this place because of how odd it is.", explains Marie.

"Maybe, it's nothing. What we take to be weird could just be a normal occurrence in this world.", remarks Jeff.

"Well, I hope so but let's keep our eyes on the ball - we need to find Mr. Nogami!", explains Marie.

1712271629615.png

"OH MY SQUID! WHAT IS THAT? JEFF, LOOK OUT ABOVE YOU!!!", cries Marie.

"What the heck! It's like in that game I was playing, Super Mario World, the giant plunger comes out to crush you!", exclaims Jeff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom