• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Jumping to friendly locations

FrostedHawk

Inkling
In my personal experience, I barely remembered that it's there. I'm also not big on the fact that enemies knows when you (or a teammate) is landing. I constantly found myself getting flattened by a roller who was just waiting for me to land and there wasn't anything I could do about it. On that same note, I found myself waiting to flatten someone as they landed.

What did you guys think of it?

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I still haven't gotten the chance to try the demo yet but I can only imagine it's rough. I feel like you should have just a tiny bit of invincibility when you land so you can have a chance to fight back.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I found it very useful, if a bit hard to do when you're trying to hold the gamepad. Seeing which teammate was near enemy ink as I spawned and deciding whether to jump to them or speed to a nearer enemy ink zone made me feel tactical, and transforming mid jump and firing as you land is just action movie levels of badass too.

Sarger

Full Squid
NNID
SargerSplatoon
You can still shoot a bit in the air if you're using the Splattershot/Jr, so you can try and ink the ground quickly in order to disrupt any rollers, but as a charger it seems nigh impossible. Haven't tried with the roller yet, but I'm still not keen on the launching, unless it's spawn. Being able to jump back to spawn is really useful.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I think with the roller you get one flickada roll before you land, haven't tested it tho, just thought I did it when I tried

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
You can flick the roller before you land. No one ever killed me when I super jumped though

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I used it quite frequently actually, it was quite useful to get to your teammates to back them up.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
It's very useful to use, although if I'm honest with you I only died three times throughout all of my matches and didn't really feel much of a need to use it while I was alive. I always had some areas of the map nearby that I could over, and by the time I had, an enemy had usually inked over an area near me so I had to go back and cover it.

It does suck that an enemy knows when you're landing, but at the same time it's very useful for you to know when your enemy is landing. The times I did use the jump, I always picked the guy who wasn't dangerously close to the action.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I used it frequently, it is especially useful to free from tough situations (ex: when there are two or more enemy squids around you). I do agree that there should be a small invincibility window during the landing.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
I mostly used it, and I usually chose the guy who was closest to the enemy base. When there was a few seconds left, I decided to cover whatever ground that was close to my base as to rack up some extra points.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
You gotta be careful when you use it, since the enemy can see you coming, and can get an easy kill of you. I usually just use it to retreat.

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
I still haven't gotten the chance to try the demo yet but I can only imagine it's rough. I feel like you should have just a tiny bit of invincibility when you land so you can have a chance to fight back.
The reason you aren't getting invincibility is because you are basically making it so you spawn half way into the map. The risk of dying is there so that it is always the best option.

FrostedHawk

Inkling
I found it very useful, if a bit hard to do when you're trying to hold the gamepad. Seeing which teammate was near enemy ink as I spawned and deciding whether to jump to them or speed to a nearer enemy ink zone made me feel tactical, and transforming mid jump and firing as you land is just action movie levels of badass too.
Out of curiosity, what purpose does jumping back to spawn have?

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Out of curiosity, what purpose does jumping back to spawn have?
Can be useful for protecting your side of the map if the enemy are over there and you've already inked up their base, especially since the spawn point has a shiel preventing you from being shot

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I like throwing a ink bomb right when I land by a team mate. It surprise attacks the enemy.

1/128

Inkling
The Super Jump is really useful, especially to come back for the spawn and getting out of the spawn and back to action. I didn't find it uncomfortable to use at all and even though I had that problem of them killing me instantly, you just have to attack on the landing to be a bit more safe.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
It's a feature that's incredibly risky. If someone's a roller who just got killed by a group of opponents, chances are you're gonna die the moment you landed. It's safe to choose to warp to players who are slightly backed away from the fight, like Chargers and perhaps Splattershot users. Teleporting to spawn is great for getting rid of pesky back-dooring rollers.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
You gotta be careful when you use it, since the enemy can see you coming, and can get an easy kill of you. I usually just use it to retreat.
i used it to jump to a teammate who had uneven odds against him, usually to land with a splat and taking out whoever was on them. or i would use it to retreat. great mobility tool. i used it a lot.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I got bodied a couple times it still a good feature but not something you need to use all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom