• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Jumping to friendly locations

Gis4Gamer

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Gis4Gamer
One of the gear abilities is called Stealth Jump. I believe it will make your jump marker invisible to the enemy, so they won't know you are coming.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i used the superjump a lot, but only whenever someone was around the area i wanted to go to. if you just tap any random person on the gamepad you'll probably get killed because they could be in the middle of a fight, or you could land in a disadvantageous position where enemies can clearly see where you're going to land

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid
i used the superjump a lot, but only whenever someone was around the area i wanted to go to. if you just tap any random person on the gamepad you'll probably get killed because they could be in the middle of a fight, or you could land in a disadvantageous position where enemies can clearly see where you're going to land
Yeah, true. It's very situation-based.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Personally i think it depended on the map. Take the Walleye Warehouse for example, the distance from the spawn to the middle of the map was so small i found it faster and safer to just walk there. If we see bigger maps later on, the team jumping could become crucial.

KurashiDragon

Full Squid
NNID
KurashiDragon
I think it's a good mechanic that can be bad. On the one hand. Being able to go basically anywhere on the map with just a tap is amazing. Lot's of team support. On the other hand I've had more than one occasion where I jumped right to my death. Overall though I like the system.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I think it's a good mechanic that can be bad. On the one hand. Being able to go basically anywhere on the map with just a tap is amazing. Lot's of team support. On the other hand I've had more than one occasion where I jumped right to my death. Overall though I like the system.
it's a very good mechanic, it's just that you have to be careful about using it. if you look on the minimap and see someone shooting at enemies, it's probably a bad idea to jump to them...

yaminokaabii

Inkling
NNID
YamiNoKaabii
it's a very good mechanic, it's just that you have to be careful about using it. if you look on the minimap and see someone shooting at enemies, it's probably a bad idea to jump to them...
If they look to be in a pretty safe spot at the time you jump, though, they'll probably appreciate the support!

luigisly

Full Squid
Could be used in a coordinated team situation to get a downed sniper back on the high ground quickly basically never losing that advantage.

FrostedHawk

Inkling
Can be useful for protecting your side of the map if the enemy are over there and you've already inked up their base, especially since the spawn point has a shiel preventing you from being shot
That makes sense. I get caught up on what's happening on the TV that I usually forget to check what the enemy is up to on the game pad. So jumping to spawn to protect the base never comes to mind. I'll definitely have to try to remember that.

One of the gear abilities is called Stealth Jump. I believe it will make your jump marker invisible to the enemy, so they won't know you are coming.
Nice, I look forward to using it.

DingDongMcDork

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DingDong
It's a very potent tool that must be used carefully. Just jump to an ally who isn't on the frontline or is hidden from the enemies, and you should be fine;

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
The biggest problem is obviously the fact that the other team can see if your going to land there. That right there is a huge disadvantage right there because I can name about 3 times when the second I landed I got flattened by rollers. I think that the best way to coordinate this is to make sure that your teammate is out of the way of other players on the other team and then you will be fine.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Generally I see Squid Jumping as a risk-reward scenario, you don't always know if there's an enemy there. Just try to look at the ink on the map to see how safe it is where you'd like to land.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
A little bit late to this thread, but I personally didn't use the super jump too often. The main situation I used it in was when I respawned after a death and needed to get back into the action quickly. Whenever I was normally in battle I forgot that the option was there, but then again I only occasionally looked at the map while playing. I'm glad that the option is there since it could be used very effectively when the full game is released.

Exile

Inkling
NNID
Exile20
Superjump is a risk reward system.

Also only super jump to someone if they press the "c'mon" button, down on the dpad so you know it is safe to come.

RayneTheSkunk

Inkster Jr.
Remember that you can shoot while falling. If you see people near you when landing you should try to shoot at least int their general direction or maybe toss a grenade at them. I haven't had the opportunity to try it, but that should disrupt people aiming at your landing point. Potentially you might even splat them.

For safety though shoul should look at how your team mate is moveing on the map. A team mate running straight forward? Likely not in combat in unless they are a roller user. A team mate in an area that is also becoming more covered in your colour? He is liking painting/repainting a spot and is probably safe. A team mate not moving? Probably your team's charger or a shooter in a good position, safe. Are they moving eraticly or in a method that resembles strafing back and forth or just really weirdly? That team mate is probably in direct combat and you should take caution if you want to jump towards them.

At least I think those make sense. I do not recall how closely the map markers mimic the player, but the general frame of this advice should apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom