Just did a really dirty tactic to take out a good splatoon player

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
So turf wars, Port Mackerel a lvl 50 Japanese player. DESTROYING us all with a tentatek was boxing us into our spawn. I saw him from behind a wall take out two of my teamates. I thought to myself that there is no way I can get past that guy so I just jumped into the fray and started squidbagging. To my surprise, instead of killing me he started squidbagging too. I thought it would be fun to keep a squid party going but.....I kinda wanted to win. I let the party go on for about ten seconds then I just killed him with my tri slosher. We didn't end up winning, but we managed to take back our end of the map. I felt really bad about what I did and was going to let him get a free kill on me in the next round but he left.

I know what I did made me look like an a**, but hey, you do what you gotta do to win right?

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Oh nooooo you ended your own squid party =( Clever tactic, but I don't like it because if lots of people started doing it, squid parties would be ruined and that would be a sad day.

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
What a sneak haha but good for you. I know he didn't feel bad slaughtering everyone so all is fair in love and war. I would have splatted him as well.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I know what I did made me look like an a**, but hey, you do what you gotta do to win right?
Well, that would only apply if you had, well, won the match.

I dunno, I feel like if I were that guy, I'd have thought, "That's cute. No way he's getting anything back now." (Granted, you pushed them out of your base, but still.)

I did something similar the other day, where a rather hopeless Splatfest match (on Saltspray) morphed into a squid party about 30 seconds in. At the battle's end, I saw one of my guys and an enemy squid screwing around in the lower area. I chimed in for a little bit, but 5 seconds before it ended I splatted the other guy, then hopped over the edge whilst my now-angered teammate shot at me.

Very bad form indeed, but I was frustrated & stopped caring long before then.

U N Nown

Inkster Jr.
When I first started playing, then leveling up, I also felt some guilt being sneaky, then I came to my senses, decided to **** with that and now use every tactic to take them out while continuing to gain ground.

If an opposing team member is dumb enough to start flopping around in a party, he/she/it deserves to be taken out, for the good of squid kind everywhere.

As for giving them a kill to make up for that trick, do not give them the pleasure.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
since he was spawn camping i don't mind but other then that i find it hard to condone those things

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
Spawn camping means he didn't have the intelligence or skill to win normally (claiming and keeping their half of the map and a part of yours, then holding it.) So he deserved it.

I've done a variation. But I flopped away from the enemy who started the party and meekly flopped toward their teammates closing in. I was splatted on sight. Though to be fair, I had planned on doing the same if they partied to try and win us enough Turf back.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
I've at times squid bagged at the base of the arowana mall slopes near the enemy spawn. Not sure if you can be seen halfway down the slope if you are in the spawn.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'll just be honest... I don't think I'd be mad if someone did that to me or think they're a jerk. Rather, I would probably laugh and think they're being a bit of a sore loser. But that's really nothing new to this game. Most of us are sore losers, aren't we? :P We've all had our moments. It just makes me laugh when people use tactics like that to try and get the upper hand - even more so if they still lose.

If my team is losing and we've really got no way to win, I'll probably give up when its Turf War. Usually, if someone Japanese is on my team, they too will give up and come join me in the corner of our spawn point. Occasionally, we'll start a squid party as we watch our team mates routinely get killed over and over again. I dunno. I guess I just don't see the point in leaving the spawn when I know that I'm just going to get killed. *shrugs* So why not kick back and have a little fun? :P

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
tbh, I would feel hurt if I was having a cute lil squidparty with a tiny person and then THEY KILL ME. :'^)
MY TRUST HAVE GONE OUT THE WINDOW!

Hahah, actually I've done that once before. It was at Saltspray, and tbh, I feel bad for doing so.

BUT I WOULD BE THAT LEVEL 50 PERSON WHO WOULD JOIN IN THE SQUIDKID, ONLY TO DIE TO YOU.
THAT IS MY 100% WEAKNESS!

Want to get rid of me? Kquid/Squidparty. I'll put down my weapon and won't attack.
I legit don't wanna kill if someone is having a squidparty. :'^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom