• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Just had a bad luck streak..

Glitch

Inkling
W͠a͠s̸ tęamed̡ u̵p fir͘s̶t r̸òu͠nd ẃi̡th͜ th͢ree ̀a͡fk̡ squids.́..̢ Sec̴ond̀ r̢o͜u̵nd ̢o͘f ͡ga͞m͞eplay̧ ͟t̀oday ̢án͜d͞ ͘t̸ẁo̷ ̛s͟q̢u͏ids ̢w̸e͝r͢e͡ ̴ąf̸k̀..̛.̴ ̴S͝am͞e͘ th̀i̢n͞g fo̧r͝ ̵th͡e th͏ir̷d ͜m͘atc̵h̕.͞ T̨h́e second ͘m̕a̢tch̕ ͜lit̀ȩrall҉y͞ l҉áste͟d͞ 3̡5 ̧se̴con̡d̀s... ̷(al͡l r̡ain͘m҉aker͡ btw̢)

Just͟ ͡p̨l҉ay̨ed͞ a̵ f̴e̶w͠ mo̶r͠e̸ ̕rounds̸ an̕d͞ I̡ ̕was abl͘e to̴ ̨t̨ak͡e ̶the͜ ̸r̀ainmake҉r͞ ̀to the͘i̶r v͡o͠lc̶ano͡ ̀th̸i̵ng in les̨s ͘t͝h҉ań ̀a m̵i͢n̨ut́e͟ ͠e̵ach t̢i͟m̸e̛! ̧I ho̸p̕e I don̛'̛t ge̶t̷ ̀ańy͏ m̀ore͞ ͏bad̕ ͢m̡a͘tch̨es҉ i͝n͟ ͝a ̧row̶ ͢like th͟aţ ̷XD͘

Last edited:

MacTheWriter

Full Squid
NNID
CotePowerRangers
I feel your pain, buddy. I've been struggling to reach the B Rank, but the constant bad teammates and connection errors kept me from moving on from B-.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Started the day at 40. Straight win streak all the way up to 92, feeling damn excited that I'll finally have my old rank back. Promptly fell down to 35.

This is the second time this has happened.

Axeliira

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Axeliira
The past few battles in Rainmaker, I had a few idiots take the Rainmaker thingy to our own goal line. I'm there like "WRONG WAY BUDDY" and they're Level 20's. :/

We lost because of that. So yeah I feel you.

OmegaExcalibur~

Inkling
NNID
NaughtyPotatoowo
I definitely know how you feel. One day, when me and my friend were playing squad battles, I was B- 96. I was so excited to have my old rank back. But then, an S+ squad hopped in. 2 people disconnected, so it was just me and my friend. We were spawncamped while playing Splat Zones. After that loss, we disconnected continuously. I went down to B-30 after that unlucky event...

Okajin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Okajin
Had a bad experience yesterday too. I started ranked. Managed with my brother to reach the B- (so started from C- and play, play, play !). Then, we lost 6 times in a row in rainmaker. I'm back to C+ (around 55 points). I don't know what I'm doing wrong in this mode or if I'm using bad weapons or just don't know how to play it well...

batprince

Inkling
NNID
sailorscouts
hey, man, i feel you. i'm in b+ right now, just barely staying there. losing streaks SUCK. have you ever been left by yourself in ranked before? twice??? in rainmaker, no less? i was all alone TWICE IN A ROW during rainmaker. i went into one match, only to have the other 3 Inklings in the match poof away, leaving me, myself and I. i got destroyed. went to another lobby, got left by myself AGAIN. i ragequit after that. why me???
Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 6.15.13 AM.png

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Started the day at 40. Straight win streak all the way up to 92, feeling damn excited that I'll finally have my old rank back. Promptly fell down to 35.

This is the second time this has happened.
Another win streak at first today, but then fell down to 23. Augh.

NSFDarkIce

Inkling
NNID
DarkIce
I feel your pain, buddy. I've been struggling to reach the B Rank, but the constant bad teammates and connection errors kept me from moving on from B-.
I got dropped from B+ to C+ all from bad Rainmaker teams. Now I'm just bouncing between B and B-...

Toaster

Senior Squid
I was at A- but I dropped all the way to B from a terrible losing streak. Now I'm struggling to get back to A-.

Remillo

Inkling
NNID
Remillo
I peaked at A- but I've been having trouble with connection issues. It may just be my school's WiFi, so I'm going to test out an Ethernet Adapter and hope that it helps. It's just obnoxious that you still lose full points for a disconnect, though I know it's to deter people from disconnecting just before losing to save points.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Thought I posted here. Was going to say I had a bad luck/disconnection streak... dropped all the way from S to A- yesterday but managed to get back to S today. Just keep trying! If you can duo with someone as I tend to rank up faster when not with all randoms and at least this way it balances out any laggy players.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I've been losing a lot lately. I've decided to stick to being a filthy casual, so I'm just playing turf wars. Despite usually (but not always) being at the top of my team in both k/d ratio and points I have still lost much more than I've won.

I can't tell if I've unconsciously changed the way I play to where my tactics for winning are bad, or the opposing team is just that much better, or perhaps my team is bad...it is still frustrating. Although less so since rank isn't on the line. Still, when you think you've got the drop on someone then get splatted at the wrong time it grates on your nerves...

Maybe that's it. Maybe I'm just pushing at the wrong moments and making poor tactical errors that are costing team the win. Hard to figure out...

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I've been losing a lot lately. I've decided to stick to being a filthy casual, so I'm just playing turf wars. Despite usually (but not always) being at the top of my team in both k/d ratio and points I have still lost much more than I've won.

I can't tell if I've unconsciously changed the way I play to where my tactics for winning are bad, or the opposing team is just that much better, or perhaps my team is bad...it is still frustrating. Although less so since rank isn't on the line. Still, when you think you've got the drop on someone then get splatted at the wrong time it grates on your nerves...

Maybe that's it. Maybe I'm just pushing at the wrong moments and making poor tactical errors that are costing team the win. Hard to figure out...
Yeah...that is why I am thinking about getting a capture card just to review my games. I recently had a eureka moment on Kelp Dome. For 95% of one game my team was getting demolished by rollers and blasters. I kept taking the floor routes and was frustrated at the enemy ink and one hit kills. Then for whatever reason I thought "how come I am not abusing the catwalks?" Which I should have been doing considering my Nozzlenose excels at Run Speed. In the last minute, I tried it and went on a kill spree and won a game that I was mostly getting dominated in.

After adding the catwalks to my routes Kelp Dome went from a neutral map to a map I perform well on. But it took Eureka out of frustration to get there. But yeah, outside of recording yourself, try other routes , being more patient, etc....you'll figure it out. Sometimes getting crushed is the best thing that can happen to you in the long run.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
GAH- LOSING STREAKS.
How they make me cry so much of salt. I swear, I give these teams so many salty tears, I AM THE SEA.
But uh- it's like every time my squad decides to go play, OH HOW THE PANDORA BOX HAS OPEN!
JUST- SO MANY S TEAMS AND S+!
S+?! WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING PLAYIN' SQUAD?!
And then we have all those connection errors.
I GET TOO MANY OF THOSE. 3 IN A ROW? 100% HORRIBLE! LOSING 30 POINTS KILL ME SO MUCH AFTER WORKIN' WITH MY TEAM TO GET 'EM.

Anyways, yesterday I went on a twin squad and oh how there were SO MANY TIMES we get in the lead in Tower Control but then one mistake happens.
One. Itty. Bitty. Mistake happens... AND WE'RE SCREWED! WE GET SO CLOSE TO THE END AND JUST CONSTANTLY JUST LOSE THE LEAD AND CAN NEVER GET IT BACK!
I was so frustrated it was sad of how much salt I contained.
Every time I see those team of rollers or blasters... they make me cringe. Makes me want to quit already.
It's just a nightmare to me being a brush and all. *sigh*
I just need to stop being salty and figure out better ways to get good.
I mean I try other routes, putting down beakons (Which sometimes my team mate doesn't use or they use it so much I have a hard time trying to keep 3 at a time), try to sneak around on the walls, run like crazy when it's needed, etc... but it just doesn't work.

Losing streaks just tells me to stop playing and go cry in a corner. :'^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom