Katz' Splatoon OC Shenanigans

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
Hey everyone, I've been enjoying seeing the different threads people have made to journal and share art, so I thought I'd give it a try? I've been brewing up some OCs for Splatoon this past year or so and I need to put them down somewhere, and I think this is a good place to start! I also wish to make a short comic after I compile more of my ideas, so I'll be sure to share any sort of progress down the line here as well. Expect new posts and edits as I go!

Snickers (basically my splatoona sona lol)

Snickers is a 20-year-old male inkling with red ink who used to be a Turf War menace in his home of Inkopolis when he was younger. He would go on to "grow out" of the sport as he got older, at least until he caught wind of the rising popularity of Splatsville, where turflings his age were still thriving. Snickers is now on an adventure to rediscover his once-favorite pastime, with all-new weapons and locals to boot. Who knows, maybe we will make new friends or even face his first Anarchy Battle?

Snickers has an overly careless yet laid-back attitude, enjoying the belief that he is a bigger deal than he actually is, choosing to only wear bright red clothing. He is also known for his large fangs, which are the product of his unusual walrus lineage, and make it easy for him to eat grub yet hard to properly speak. However, he actually takes great pride in them, so much so that he is seemingly unaffected by the many who mock him for it. One big drawback is that he envies anyone in the room who has clearly achieved something that he knows he is incapable of, and will do whatever he can to take the spotlight back.

Spending many of his earlier years listening to his rambling, Snickers shares a special friendship with the older Sheldon who is quick to suit him up when needed, and upon exploring Splatsville, Snickers seems to form a flirtatious bond with the likewise chill Gnarly Eddy after he offers to give a free makeover to the new arrival. His favorite place to relax is Brinewater Springs and his weapon of choice is the Splattershot Jr.

Gill

Gill is a 22-year-old female Octoling with orange ink who is known around Splatsville to play dirty, earning her both contempt and respect while she is beginning to climb the ranks. She catches the eyes of many new players on the scene, with her commitment to her weapons and tactics proving to be pretty impressive. After Snickers stands out while she is being crowded showing off her newly achieved 5-star badge, the two form a unique rivalry and friendship before going on to improve each others' skill.

Gill is infectiously confident, mocking those who doubt her capabilities while effortlessly proving herself on the battlefield. However, she also is capable of knowing her limit and thus does surprisingly well picking her fights, even though she tends to overextend when she gets too ****y. She sports a fierce gaze and toothy grin, reflecting her love for the hunt and habit of sharking.

While she doesn't really have any other friends, Gill enjoys the occasional paparazzi and is quick to share the food tickets and Sheldon Licenses she has in excess yet doesn't bother to use. Her favorite place to battle is Mahi-Mahi Resort, with her favorite game mode being Splat Zones. She seems to favor Sloshers and is committed to the Tri-Slosher, but enjoys branching out, such as with the new Dread Wringer. When asked if can even shark with it, she simply responds "doesn't matter, you can now." - but maybe she is just excited to try the Reef-Slider.

More ideas I have:
- character that isn't as confident? uses booyah bomb just to receive 'booyahs' for validation, yet is surprisingly competent otherwise
- remember the splatoon bunny prototype models? what if I had a mysterious character that roleplayed one of them... or WAS one of them, in disguise...

Last edited:

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Quite a fan of both of their designs :] I really like Snickers' big ol' beak, fun design choice! And of course obligatory Tri-slosher bias so I can't NOT like Gill! I like her attitude also lol, I love when characters get to be confident and ****y (Sorry Squidboards filters </3)

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
Quite a fan of both of their designs :]
Thank you!!! so happy to hear you enjoy them. Snickers' snoot slowly became a thing over time and now its become one of my favorite details. Gill has only recently been fleshed out but I'm having fun with her, I gave her Tri-slosher because that was my first 4-star and thus has my respect as well. 💪

... i cant want to see that become a full-fledged oc lol
YEA I don't know what weapon to pick for them yet but I really jam with the idea, especially since it would contrast with the cast so far. Since I want to have another weapon class being represented, I was thinking the gloogas or s-blast 91?

In the meantime, another idea I had while thinking about their favorite hangout spots: what if Gill is comically fine with touching water, with the whole shark thing? Or something similar with the other peeps I come up with, just another fun thing to think about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom