• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Kelp's Diary Entries

Cephalobro

Following the Sanitized invasion, Coral had a nightmare that same night. He told me that in the nightmare, he was being Sanitized himself after attempting to escape Octo Valley. Poor guy, I let him sleep with me so he has someone to comfort him after he wakes up scared.

I don't blame him, being Sanitized is the worst fate to happen to anyone. Uncle Anemone told us that those who are Sanitized lose all of their free will completely, essentially becoming zombies that can be controlled very easily. While we have researchers who are looking for a cure to Sanitization, it's unknown how long it will take, which makes the idea of being Sanitized even scarier.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
((The reason why I'm not an author is because making novels is a very lengthy process, so I prefer not to make traditional chapters that make the story have a start and an end because from my experience, stories that take too long to finish leaves me with dissatisfaction to the point where sometimes, I don't feel like finishing it in the first place, even when I'm the one writing it.))
(SAME)

Cephalobro

Uncle Anemone told us that he has a surprise waiting for us when we complete half of our journey. I don't know what it is but he said it will strengthen relationships. I can't figure it out, it's so cryptic, but also exciting. We met two Octolings after a hasty rescue mission from yesterday's facility and more thorough cleansing of today's facility. They are nice. Also yay, our scientists managed to figure out how to reverse the Sanitization!

Cephalobro

Before I tell you about today's excitement, I will tell you about what we have encountered. After the Sanitized invasion, we saw many helicopters blaring out music. Turns out they belonged to Off The Hook, we have heard they are popular with the Inklings, but knowing they came to pick up the Inklings that we have rescued was definitely a surprise.

But we appreciated the help, as our base was actually starting to get full and we still had rescue missions, that's not even mentioning the fact that search parties have been finding Crimson Octarian survivors all around Octo Valley (at this point, we found all wildlife that made its home in Octo Valley and plans to bring it to the surface to set free once we get there have already been made.) Although not mentioned in one of the facilities, we did rescue Inklings from the Sanitization factory, we also recently rescued pretty much the rest of the Ringed Octarians as well recently. We just couldn't see the Inklings among the crowd.

This brings me to the whole reversing Sanitization thing, we managed to desanitize all of the Sanitized Octarians we brought back knocked out, bringing them back to normal. At this point, we have done so much more good than what DJ Octavio could ever hope to achieve (if any).

Now about that excitement, uncle Anemone revealed to us that after just us Octolings brought all of the rescued Inklings to a grate (presumably with an elderly Inkling waiting to take them back to Inkopolis), we would have a prom night. So this is what he meant by strengthening relationships, I will make sure to enjoy every bit of this night with Coral.

Cephalobro

Coral has felt a little down this morning. He did tell me that he did a shift at Grizzco. But I think what got him down is seeing the surface, he wanted to be free from the domes. I myself have never experienced surface life, but I can understand why he felt down due to being forced to return to the domes, it feels like the sky has the same exact cycle every single day. He also told me that he felt a pleasantly warm temperature while on the surface very temporarily.

With each day, we keep fighting to postpone Octo Valley's crumble so we can escape safely, but I'm positive that we will eventually leave Octo Valley one day. Now that I think about it, it's a lot more likely now than back when we weren't a strong army in numbers. Uncle Anemone reported that we are actually being surprisingly quick about shutting down the power-draining facilities (as well as destroying them so they can't be used again). I mean, we are in a race against the clock in which losing most likely results in extinction, so yes, it's definitely a good thing we are being really quick with this war.

Cephalobro

Ocean has taken a liking to Clam, she says his dedication is all the more reason to love him. She describes him as going to absolute lengths to keep Coral safe. Clam is someone I consider a good friend since he does his best to protect Coral when he's helpless. Ocean also became friends with Coral, though I don't see the two talk much, they can be good teammates when I'm helpless.

I guess I'm just a lucky girl to have a sister, a friend, and a boyfriend to help her out.

Cephalobro

DJ Octavio's Octarians are starting to panic and all of us can see how. They tried to raid us one night, but we were too strong for them. With each day of successful missions, I can see Coral's cute smile growing ever so hopeful. It makes me so happy to see him genuinely smile with genuine hope and happiness. He's already making plans on playing Turf Wars, while I would try to make him focus, I don't want to, he's too adorable for me to stop him.

He's waking up, I will write more later, but for now, I have to stop it here before he sees what I write.

Cephalobro

We finally made it to the surface, it was very risky when the ceiling has been collapsing on us. We all have made it, Coral is especially happy about it! Seeing his smile makes me happy, that smile is just too cute to look away.

Uncle Anemone has a plan, a plan I hope that works, his plan is basically this: The tentacle Octarians will be in charge of construction while Octolings will be in charge of getting the funding enough to make sure the construction project is successful. It will take a lot of effort from everyone and probably a lot of time. But we'll see, I do wish Coral hadn't lost his parents, it will take him a really long time to come to terms with that. I will help him every step of the way like any good girl would do for her boyfriend.

As for the construction, I am positive that it will be speedy, the first part will be the unique walls that can be expanded to include more as the Octarian population grows. The next part is currently unknown, so I will write that next once uncle Anemone decides.

Cephalobro

This morning felt different, not in a bad way, but it's probably because it's our first day on the surface. When we escaped Octo Valley yesterday, it was evening, so we didn't have much time to actually start the construction, so we took the rest of the day off yesterday.

Coral and I finally had the courage to tell the full story about our pasts, as a way to vent it all out so we can start, let's say "fresh". As for my past, I have already written my previous entries when I was younger, but now I can truly say it all. So I was very upset at my parents for leaving me and Ocean behind, even when they were trying to protect us. Living with uncle Anemone wasn't much better, I mean he was nice to us, but we weren't given much attention. I could now see why: he was busy gathering an army of survivors. You see there's a thing about Octolings that not many would understand, it's that Octolings treasure their parents very much, to the point of wanting to feel that parental love again (from both the father and the mother) if their parents leave them or get taken away. I knew I had this feeling when I constantly wanted uncle Anemone's attention, I already had Ocean's attention.

This brings me to what Coral had told me yesterday, just like how I viewed Ocean as sort of a mother (even though she's my sister) at the time. Coral viewed Clam a little bit like a father (as said in my previous entries, they are really brothers) in the past, he was lacking a trusted female to get the motherly love he was looking for. Good thing I'm the one he chose, as I have quite a lot of love that I want to give.

Looks like Coral is waking up now, I'll write later, but for now we need to know what uncle Anemone has planned now that we are out of Octo Valley.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and I have played Turf War for the first time ever, we actually had a lot of fun. I could tell that he was enjoying it a lot. I also enjoyed playing Turf War, especially when the first non-lethal one was with him.

This brings me to what uncle Anemone tasked Octolings with, I found out that we actually earn money by playing Turf Wars. So with many Octolings participating in Turf War, the neighborhood is bound to get the funding it needs to stay standing. Coral also wanted to do a shift at Grizzco with me, so we did one. This however, revealed that I have a fear I didn't know I had before reaching the surface: Salmonids. I did hear about Salmonids betraying us back in Octo Valley, so we just cut our ties with them. Little did I know I would actually be fighting them.

After the shift, Coral told me that it was successful, but I don't know, I felt like I was weighing the team down. We had two Inklings join us for my first Grizzco shift, as well, so I hope they are not mad at me. This was my first time fighting Salmonids after all.

Cephalobro

I got the life I always wanted, one of stability. It was like I was freed from grief when I saw the surface world. Everyone else was also very happy to have made it to the surface.

The reason why I bring this up now is that there's still a lot of healing for everyone who lives in the neighborhood. I feel bad for my uncle in particular because he lost an eye while fighting DJ Octavio. It's unfortunately a scar, but he accepts it since there's nothing he can do about it. Though I sometimes notice him staring at his reflection, in fact, he did it when he was showing the neighborhood around for the three Octocopters who were learning to walk after being forced to hover all the time previously.

Anyways, Ocean and I are planning to see our parents again after such a long time, so I will ask uncle Anemone to see if he has their address. I'm actually kind of nervous about it, not going to lie. While I could live with my parents after a reunion, I will choose not to because Ocean and I got used to living on our own. We may not have matured physically, but we matured mentally.

Cephalobro

A few days ago, before my previous entry, I met a short girl who, we call Hope. She's short enough to actually be mistaken for a child in some perspectives. Nevertheless, she somehow spoke the now ancient language that's Japanese. Coral and I couldn't understand her, but we could make out some of the things that she said much like the name we call her. It wasn't until our Octocopter historian on ancient languages came and translated some of what she said. Hope eventually got a translator where any language can be spoken which will be translated either into Inkling or Octarian so others could understand.

Hope's eyes actually have a different color than the other Octolings, but we accept all Octarians (the Sanitized individuals are set up to be desanitized before they can move in, since free will is something the neighborhood deeply values) here in the neighborhood, regardless of eye color.

Coral couldn't wait to give her a home for her to live in, good thing uncle Anemone had a lot of empty homes available.

Cephalobro

There is something Coral told me, his brother Clam obviously knew it, but I didn't before. What did he tell me? The reason is actually heartbreaking. So he told me that he had separation anxiety.

Clam knew this before anyone else, even without Coral telling him about it. But Coral told me that his separation anxiety came as a result of him losing his parents very early in his childhood. He also told me that he often goes into dangerous situations by himself not for the thrill of it, but it's to make sure he doesn't lose Clam too.

That is a secret of his, but he doesn't have to worry as it's only written in this diary. Either way, I'll spend even more time with him than before, to help him eventually heal from any and all emotional wounds that he gets.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

I became used to life on the surface, it felt like the fight I had to do to get here is nothing more but a memory. I wonder if Ocean thinks the same way, it seems like that now that Octarians are finally starting to get recognition.

I can say this for certain, future generations of both Octolings and Octarians will be lucky to be born under much better conditions. Speaking of which, I talked to Coral the other day about how many children I want to have and I asked him a question about this as well. He was surprised at this question because it's something he wouldn't normally think about until we are old enough to truly start a family. We do have discussions about it from time to time.

Now back to the topic of being underground, I still have that armor that uncle Anemone gave me when we started our journey to the surface. And I do have a confession, I love wearing that armor just the way I did when I was underground, even though I only wear it from time to time. I wonder if Coral also wears his old armor from time to time.

Cephalobro

I'm worried, uncle Anemone just sent Coral and Clam on a mission to fight a criminal organization. I asked him if I could go, he off course said no, as he always sends me and Ocean on "lesser lethal" missions, even though Coral and Clam are the only ones left of their bloodline. That is counterproductive to what he is trying to do: encourage repopulation.

So, I heard him say there is a criminal organization that goes by the name of Toxic Rainbow Syndicate. According to uncle Anemone, that criminal organization is trying to cause the extinction of cephalopods in the entire world by cutting off bloodlines. I don't know how they are going to do that, but if that's the case, this makes me worried for Coral, as the worst possible thing to happen to him is to make him unable to father Octoling children.

However, I will try my best not to call Coral when he is in the middle of the mission, as he is most likely using stealth to stay hidden. I'm glad that Clam is there to help him, I'm convinced that the two brothers can defeat anything when they work together. Don't underestimate Clam just because he's an Octotrooper, Clam singlehandedly defeated Frye in a battle the other day despite Frye directing like a million eels to attack him.

Cephalobro

Coral and I were sent off on a mission to investigate sightings of a shark with a chainsaw. We at first didn't believe in the existence of the Chainsaw Shark, because how would a wild animal suddenly know how to use something mechanical like that? Either way, we were slightly skeptical, but still scared as we were going to deal with a shark.

This was also during Splatoween, as we both were using the outfits that we used to look for Coral's Octo Shot. I can see why Bluefin Depot simply won't open anymore, it's too dangerous to have ink battles there, especially at night. Once we heard a chainsaw being turned on, we knew we had to run, as our ink weaponry wouldn't do a thing to the Chainsaw Shark, both of us thankfully escaped unscathed.

But hey, at least Coral and I managed to join this Splatoween and we joined Team Ghost, which ended up winning. I swear I could have heard two voices I hadn't heard before, both cheering and congratulating Coral whenever we won a match, or comforting him whenever we lost a match. One voice was a woman's voice and another was a man's voice. Could it be possible that Coral's parents decided to visit us during Splatoween? It could explain why Coral was suddenly talking to seemingly no one. I will ask him later today, hopefully, we don't have any missions either of us needs to get to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom