1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

L-3 Nozzelnose Tips?

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Stardust, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Stardust

Stardust Senior Squid

Today I started using the L-3 D, I really like it! I was wondering if anyone had any tips for properly using the thing?

Recommended abilities?

2. _Alex_

_Alex_ Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2820-9957-0983
    Ive seen a ton of mpu, and for good reason as a pure of it brings the damage up to 33.3 per shot, making the l3 do 99.9 in a single burst. Ive also seen people put 2 subs of sub power as it is very good on bursts for range and increases the knockback iirc. other than that its basically the same utility subs as other abilities, like comeback, quick super jump, and all that jazz. there's also 2 subs of spu to help your inkjet as you'll be getting it quite often.

3. Starry Day

Starry Day Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4634-9117-7313
    I won't cover what _Alex_ just did, namely in terms of abilities, but I can provide some tips on the weapon itself.

One of the L-3 D's major strengths is turf coverage and, accompanying that, an ability to breed specials (though since it is more of a midline weapon, you probably will be splatted more regularly than the average special breeder). At the same time, however, its kit allows the L-3 D to hone its slaying tendencies and obtain the needed splats. Using Burst Bombs to finish off weakened opponents is immensely useful, especially if using aforementioned MPU. Another personal recommendation of mine is to practice with the Inkjet; you will be using it quite often with this weapon and it is a great tool to push forward.

In terms of priorities during battles, I would say that as a strong painting weapon and, simultaneously, an effective slayer (depending on your skill and practice), you could place equal preference on gaining map control and splatting enemies. The L-3 has a longer range than most people think, so you can surprise them with a few quick bursts. Accuracy is key with this weapon, as well.

I hope this helped you a bit!

4. Stardust

Stardust Senior Squid

I knew mpu affected damage but to this degree? This sounds pretty balanced, I'll see if I can get this kind of set, thank you!

This helps a lot, Yeah I'll need to practice aiming if I'm going to continue using it. Thank you!