• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 L-3 Nozzelnose Tips?

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
Today I started using the L-3 D, I really like it! I was wondering if anyone had any tips for properly using the thing?

Recommended abilities?

_Alex_

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2820-9957-0983
Ive seen a ton of mpu, and for good reason as a pure of it brings the damage up to 33.3 per shot, making the l3 do 99.9 in a single burst. Ive also seen people put 2 subs of sub power as it is very good on bursts for range and increases the knockback iirc. other than that its basically the same utility subs as other abilities, like comeback, quick super jump, and all that jazz. there's also 2 subs of spu to help your inkjet as you'll be getting it quite often.

Starry Day

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4634-9117-7313
I won't cover what _Alex_ just did, namely in terms of abilities, but I can provide some tips on the weapon itself.

One of the L-3 D's major strengths is turf coverage and, accompanying that, an ability to breed specials (though since it is more of a midline weapon, you probably will be splatted more regularly than the average special breeder). At the same time, however, its kit allows the L-3 D to hone its slaying tendencies and obtain the needed splats. Using Burst Bombs to finish off weakened opponents is immensely useful, especially if using aforementioned MPU. Another personal recommendation of mine is to practice with the Inkjet; you will be using it quite often with this weapon and it is a great tool to push forward.

In terms of priorities during battles, I would say that as a strong painting weapon and, simultaneously, an effective slayer (depending on your skill and practice), you could place equal preference on gaining map control and splatting enemies. The L-3 has a longer range than most people think, so you can surprise them with a few quick bursts. Accuracy is key with this weapon, as well.

I hope this helped you a bit!

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
Ive seen a ton of mpu, and for good reason as a pure of it brings the damage up to 33.3 per shot, making the l3 do 99.9 in a single burst. Ive also seen people put 2 subs of sub power as it is very good on bursts for range and increases the knockback iirc. other than that its basically the same utility subs as other abilities, like comeback, quick super jump, and all that jazz. there's also 2 subs of spu to help your inkjet as you'll be getting it quite often.
I knew mpu affected damage but to this degree? This sounds pretty balanced, I'll see if I can get this kind of set, thank you!

I won't cover what _Alex_ just did, namely in terms of abilities, but I can provide some tips on the weapon itself.

One of the L-3 D's major strengths is turf coverage and, accompanying that, an ability to breed specials (though since it is more of a midline weapon, you probably will be splatted more regularly than the average special breeder). At the same time, however, its kit allows the L-3 D to hone its slaying tendencies and obtain the needed splats. Using Burst Bombs to finish off weakened opponents is immensely useful, especially if using aforementioned MPU. Another personal recommendation of mine is to practice with the Inkjet; you will be using it quite often with this weapon and it is a great tool to push forward.

In terms of priorities during battles, I would say that as a strong painting weapon and, simultaneously, an effective slayer (depending on your skill and practice), you could place equal preference on gaining map control and splatting enemies. The L-3 has a longer range than most people think, so you can surprise them with a few quick bursts. Accuracy is key with this weapon, as well.

I hope this helped you a bit!
This helps a lot, Yeah I'll need to practice aiming if I'm going to continue using it. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom