• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

L-3 Nozzlenose discussion

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
This thread made me want to try the nozzlenose. havn't played with it yet, but I am a fan of mobility.

Outside of mobility what other gear abilities should one use?

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
This thread made me want to try the nozzlenose. havn't played with it yet, but I am a fan of mobility.

Outside of mobility what other gear abilities should one use?
I personally have 2 run speed up mains and ink resistance. I'm going for lots of run speed up and special charge up sub abilities. Ink resistance helps with being more mobile even in enemy ink.

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
Does anybody here know if special duration up affects killer wail?

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I personally have 2 run speed up mains and ink resistance. I'm going for lots of run speed up and special charge up sub abilities. Ink resistance helps with being more mobile even in enemy ink.
Thanks for the advice!

I am going to try out more run speed. I was playing with swim speed today and so far loving it. I also used the InkResistance/Run speed shoes. Not great at it yet, but this weapon is awesome, as I love flexibility. Outside of Moray Towers I feel like this weapon gives you the ability to close in on Snipers more often; which i like.

Ended my splat session leading with a 15:7 performance on Tower Control. Making a name for this weapon! :P

...but god dam..sigh, this is why I will never get to A+. I like too many weapons in this game and can't stick to one. This one is definilty skyrocketing to the top of my list though.

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
Thanks for the advice!

I am going to try out more run speed. I was playing with swim speed today and so far loving it. I also used the InkResistance/Run speed shoes. Not great at it yet, but this weapon is awesome, as I love flexibility. Outside of Moray Towers I feel like this weapon gives you the ability to close in on Snipers more often; which i like.

Ended my splat session leading with a 15:7 performance on Tower Control. Making a name for this weapon! :p

...but god dam..sigh, this is why I will never get to A+. I like too many weapons in this game and can't stick to one. This one is definilty skyrocketing to the top of my list though.
There's really nothing you can do about Moray Towers. That stage is so badly designed. It's really good on flat stages like Walleye Warehouse and Kelp Dome. Why don't you use the Nozzlenose for tower control and another weapon you like for splat zones. Disruptor just shuts people down in tower control. Throw 1 at the people riding the tower and they're sitting ducks. What are you're other main weapons?

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
There's really nothing you can do about Moray Towers. That stage is so badly designed. It's really good on flat stages like Walleye Warehouse and Kelp Dome. Why don't you use the Nozzlenose for tower control and another weapon you like for splat zones. Disruptor just shuts people down in tower control. Throw 1 at the people riding the tower and they're sitting ducks. What are you're other main weapons?

I have like 6 weapons for ranked but I decided today to stick with the two .96gals until I read this thread. Atm, I am definitely going to play with Nozzle on TC some more since I don't care about my current rank atm. SInce i like Echolocator and Kraken in Splat Zones, I will probaly stil use the gals in SZ.

But yea, the disruptor is awesome. I only played with it for the first time today but I stopped players on the tower in thier tracks a few times and consistently shut down Rollers that couldn't ambush me. At bare minimum, this weapon is just straight up fun.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I used this little guy in a few Private Battles today and I'm very intrigued. I will use it in all my battles tomorrow and report back with results.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
I got S Rank using only this today. I'd say it's worth effort it takes to get good with it, but man it really takes effort

As for the gear I'm using

Jungle Hat:
Main: Ink Saver Main
Subs: Ink Saver sub 3x

Urchins Jersey:
Main: Run Speed Up
Subs: 1x Special Saver, 2x Ink Recovery up

Purple Sea Slugs:
Subs: 2x Ink Saver sub , 1x Ink Saver Main

At least one Run Speed Up I'd say is near required for the weapon if you want to utilize its mobility.

Edit: Also with disruptors this weapon is amazing in Rainmaker. Disruptors nearly bring the Rainmaker carrier to a standstill.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Naturally I'm just waiting for the Dolphinnose version! Burst Bombs and Kraken? Hell yes!!! <(^_^<)

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
What are peoples thoughts on the killer wail with this gun? To me it seems to be an odd pick. I would think bubbler or inkzooka would be better suited to its role as a weapon that can effectively pick off opponents or hassle them. Or maybe I'm getting it wrong and it actually is a good fit (I just started learning this weapon). You guys will know better. Thoughts?

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
What are peoples thoughts on the killer wail with this gun? To me it seems to be an odd pick. I would think bubbler or inkzooka would be better suited to its role as a weapon that can effectively pick off opponents or hassle them. Or maybe I'm getting it wrong and it actually is a good fit (I just started learning this weapon). You guys will know better. Thoughts?
I hated the Killer Wail at first, I still think it's kind of bad in Turf War. However I really like it in ranked and Killer Wail goes decently well with the disruptor sub weapon. I think it's fine with the weapon and don't really think I'd prefer anything else.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Its great in Tower Control. Meh in Splat Zones. and can vary depending on the map in Rainmaker.

The unreleased Nozzlenose D comes with Kraken and with Burst Bombs is a better Splat Zones weapon set up imo.

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
I got S Rank using only this today. I'd say it's worth effort it takes to get good with it, but man it really takes effort

As for the gear I'm using

Jungle Hat:
Main: Ink Saver Main
Subs: Ink Saver sub 3x

Urchins Jersey:
Subs: 1x Special Saver, 2x Ink Recovery up

Purple Sea Slugs:
Subs: 2x Ink Saver sub , 1x Ink Saver Main

At least one Run Speed Up I'd say is near required for the weapon if you want to utilize its mobility.

Edit: Also with disruptors this weapon is amazing in Rainmaker. Disruptors nearly bring the Rainmaker carrier to a standstill.
Instead of having ink saver main, why don't you use ink resistance? It maintains its great mobility even if there is enemy ink nearby. Some cool Splash Mob shoes came out. They have ink resistance and a x5 chance of getting ink saver main.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
Instead of having ink saver main, why don't you use ink resistance? It maintains its great mobility even if there is enemy ink nearby. Some cool Splash Mob shoes came out. They have ink resistance and a x5 chance of getting ink saver main.
I'm not really a large fan of ink resistance. I don't find many situations where I'd rather I had it equipped. I'd sooner use stealth jump, but right now I don't have a decent head replacement because my rerolls have been terrible.

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
I'm not really a large fan of ink resistance. I don't find many situations where I'd rather I had it equipped. I'd sooner use stealth jump, but right now I don't have a decent head replacement because my rerolls have been terrible.
Well that's unfortunate. I've been getting lucky with my re-rolls. I've been getting a lot of x3 rolls lately.

Bobo

Full Squid
NNID
acciojackie
Killer wail is pretty good for the L3 Nozzlenose. If you really wanna be mean, hit someone with your disruptor and release the killer wail on them. Watch them struggle. :D

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Alright, I used the L-3 in about a dozen Turf War matches tonight. Didn't win many, but that's how it is when you're learning a new weapon.

Doesn't seem too suited to inking up free areas. Seems much more like a hunter weapon on open maps, good for defending more ink spreading weapons from the Bad Guys. On maps with narrow paths like Moray, it seems much better for inking turf. Moray also suits its good range.

Will be playing more with it tomorrow. Don't really know how to use the Disruptors yet.

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
This weapon just gets better the more I use it. But I'll be lucky to see even 1 other person using this daily. I, and I know other people have too, just forget about this weapon since absolutely nobody uses it.

I might start maining it though, it seems good and harassing with Disruptors is always fun! :D (Well, not maining. That will always and forever be the Inkbrush's place. Secondary is a better place.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom