• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Last person to comment wins!

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
longest lasting post is 809 days 14 hours 51 minutes 23 seconds (link to longest lasting post)

too lazy to make a leaderboard, so here is some free scraped data for anyone to mess with in json format, split by page.
Can you do this again? or just tell me how you did it so I can do it?

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
the part I was confused about was how do you get the data in the first place?

nineball

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
guess who accidentally hyperfocused on a dumb coding project until past midnight! thats me! 🫠

i rewrote my code and now i have a leaderboard sorted by longest holder of the title of "winner". it also has some other interesting data, like the shortest lasting holdings of the title of "winner" and the number of times a person posted in this thread. the funny leaderboard data is in .csv format so you people can open it in your favorite spreadsheet program to mess with the data and stuff.

i would go over some interesting findings with this new data but i really should be going to bed... night night 🌙

Attachments

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
well I can't because I didn't finish it yet, and it took me 5 hours to find the perfect weapon to only get to floor 22 for me just to give up due to me choosing the wrong level for the floor

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Warning for players trying to grind high scores in Side Order. The Order Blaster doesn't actually have access to enough range chips to completely fill its palette, falling one short at 35/36. You have to go for Power chips if you want to fill the blaster's palette.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Warning for players trying to grind high scores in Side Order. The Order Blaster doesn't actually have access to enough range chips to completely fill its palette, falling one short at 35/36. You have to go for Power chips if you want to fill the blaster's palette.
Good to know. I found out (the hard way) this is a thing with drone chips too since once you max out the number of abilities the drone can have new ability chips stop showing up. So you have only (5 abilities + 2 types of drone gauge) * 5 levels of each totaling to 35. Which is a shame. I wonder if there's others like this but I haven't investigated.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Good to know. I found out (the hard way) this is a thing with drone chips too since once you max out the number of abilities the drone can have new ability chips stop showing up. So you have only (5 abilities + 2 types of drone gauge) * 5 levels of each totaling to 35. Which is a shame. I wonder if there's others like this but I haven't investigated.
I knew that too.
Power, Mobility, and Lucky are possible for all builds as Power and Mobility have 9-stack chips, and Lucky has no restrictions.
Support barely works for the Slosher. Range works for every weapon other than Blaster.
I would like to quickly note that Lucky builds are forced to pick at least 1 useless Drone Battery Drop chip.

Though I would beg the question why we're figuring this out when we all know Charger is easily the best High Score weapon.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Though I would beg the question why we're figuring this out when we all know Charger is easily the best High Score weapon.
lol, a fair point. I think lucky is just the one I find the most fun. I think hearing all the little bombs go off just makes happy little fireworks in my brain.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
lol, a fair point. I think lucky is just the one I find the most fun. I think hearing all the little bombs go off just makes happy little fireworks in my brain.
Favorite chip tone seems to vary a lot between players. I prefer Range chips, if that wasn't obvious enough. Unfortunately Blaster can't get a full palette and I don't like playing Shot, so I'm stuck with Stringer, the worse version of Charger, or Brella. I mostly use the foremost.
Lucky is fun, but having no main buffs is just awkward to me, and the startup requirement can make certain floors difficult. I might just be sick of it from my three dozen Dualie runs, though.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Lucky pallettes with reefslider are insanely fun bc once you get a reefslider and kill like 10 enemies with it, you get 3 more free reefsliders

even if charger is better, this is really fun for some reason

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom