• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Legend of Zelda: The Octorok Social

Which are your favourite games in the series ?

• Zelda II: The Adventures of Link (Famicom/NES)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (GameBoy Advance)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
My favorite Zelda title to date would have to be Wind Waker. The art style is something that I can look at because it's simplistic, and simplicity is something that I am fine with. Don't get me wrong, realistic styles are fine as well, but I prefer a simplistic cartoon-y style. Anyway, I had a lot of fun playing this game. I bought the Wii U Wind Waker HD bundle, if that's an indication of anything.
I love the art style too. Plus, Link is a lot more expressive in that game.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It's pretty good. But people were split because of the motion controls.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Yep, that's what I heard as well. I don't know, I think the motion controls doesn't seem that bad.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Yep, that's what I heard as well. I don't know, I think the motion controls doesn't seem that bad.
It wasn't bad for me. I thought it was really 'innovative' but I guess it didn't work for some people or they flat out don't want to use it.

dontcaresomuch

Inkling
NNID
EvanLaybourn91
For me, I think it would go WW at #1 spot, and then SS close behind at #2. I know a lot of people have criticisms of SS (some of them I agree with), but I've always been a big sucker for cinematic elements in video games, and there is no denying that SS is the most cinematic of the series. Love the story!

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
It wasn't bad for me. I thought it was really 'innovative' but I guess it didn't work for some people or they flat out don't want to use it.
Being one of those people who didn't get it because of motion controls and having motion plus. TP Wii didn't leave a good taste in my mouth seeing how the some of the moves that involve motion control didn't work well and sometimes not at all.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Being one of those people who didn't get it because of motion controls and having motion plus. TP Wii didn't leave a good taste in my mouth seeing how the some of the moves that involve motion control didn't work well and sometimes not at all.
It differs from people to people. For me, it worked perfectly.

wingedarcher7

Inkling
NNID
speedstar623
Huge fan of the Legend of Zelda series, I'm trying to get more into remembering the lore, names of places, people, and monsters lately. My favorite would be Wind Waker, I'm really excited to get into the HD version of it in time.

As for Skyward Sword, it's a shame..I really liked the story, the world, the graphics style..but the motion controls just made it so rough for me. I wanted to like it and I managed to get through the whole game, but I'm so sure I would enjoy it more without the motion controls. I get what they were going for with the 1:1 movements, but still.

Cereal

Full Squid
NNID
Xyvone
I love Zelda so much. Ocarina of Time is my favorite , I remember coming home from pre-k and riding around on Epona. Next up would be Phantom Hourglass, once again nostalgia being a huge factor

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I like LoZ too. Not as much as some other Nintendo series (Kirby, Metroid, Smash if that counts), but I've enjoyed almost every game I've played from this series.
Almost, because Twilight Princess bored me to death by the time I got to the water temple, and I didn't like the motion controls either.
Still, all the other ones I've played were alright to great.
I'm thinking about maybe getting that 3DS Hyrule Warriors. Was it any good on Wii U?
Also, I heard there might be a girl Link in Hyrule Warriors 3DS. Was there any truth to that?

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Also, I heard there might be a girl Link in Hyrule Warriors 3DS. Was there any truth to that?
You mean Linkle she was going to be a character that looked up to Link like a older brother. She was scraped from the game.

About her being in 3DS Hyrule Warriors the only thing we have to go by the 3DS trailer

I'm thinking about maybe getting that 3DS Hyrule Warriors. Was it any good on Wii U?
I thought the game was pretty good. Alot of the Adventure Missions have you doing the same thing over and over again, some of the characters have a learning curve (Agitha), and Legends Mode is pretty short with a pretty poor story.

But all and all i say look up a few videos and some reviews if you like what you see then more then likely your going to like the game.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
You mean Linkle she was going to be a character that looked up to Link like a older brother. She was scraped from the game.

About her being in 3DS Hyrule Warriors the only thing we have to go by the 3DS trailer
Ah, alright. Well, she looks nice, so maybe she'll make the cut this time around.

I thought the game was pretty good. Alot of the Adventure Missions have you doing the same thing over and over again, some of the characters have a learning curve (Agitha), and Legends Mode is pretty short with a pretty poor story.
This doesn't look like something I'd play for the story, just to beat up armies with Zelda characters (including Zelda, for once).
Learning curve? In a game like this? Sounds interesting.

But all and all i say look up a few videos and some reviews if you like what you see then more then likely your going to like the game.
Okay, I can do that. Thanks man.

Megajack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
smp1998
Name a better travel companion to Link than Midna.

You can't.

midna.jpg

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Name a better travel companion to Link than Midna.

You can't.

View attachment 998
Navi. You can't Z-Target without her (the first part of the Ganon fight proves this), and that's been pretty necessary in 3D Zeldas from my experience.
Also I've never understood why people find her annoying.

Midna's good too though.

Megajack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
smp1998
Navi. You can't Z-Target without her (the first part of the Ganon fight proves this), and that's been pretty necessary in 3D Zeldas from my experience.
Also I've never understood why people find her annoying.
I've never understood why people find her annoying either. The whole "HEY! LISTEN!" thing really wasn't that bad, and people tend to exaggerate it.

Short272

Inkling
NNID
27Short
I've never understood why people find her annoying either. The whole "HEY! LISTEN!" thing really wasn't that bad, and people tend to exaggerate it.
It wasn't annoying just because of the voice, it was annoying because Navi would interrupt you in unexpected moments. They improved on this in Majoras Mask by making it speak in jingle sounds and not interrupting you as much. They also gave it a more likeable personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom