Let's plan a splatoon-themed party

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
So the Springfest thread reminded me of the splatfest parties my friends and I used to have and that in turn reminded me about how for a while I thought about putting together a list of what kinds of creative food/activities would be fun/clever to have at a splatoon-themed party. So do y'all want to help? NOTHING is too obnoxious or cheesy or silly. I want to hear any of your ideas :D

So far:
  • Have a door prize game where you post a printout of a super-close turf war judging screen and have everyone put their name in a box corresponding to the side they think won. Then draw a random name from the winning basket to determine who wins the prize.
  • Obtain hundreds of clam shells (in bulk from craft suppliers, sometimes landscaping places) and scatter them everywhere around the yard/house/party area. Then have someone running a power-clam-themed beanbag toss with prizes, but you have to find and collect 8 of said clam shells and exchange them for each play attempt.
  • Do NOT eat real cephalopods at the party that's MEAN
  • But you should definitely have squid cookies
  • Make 'Power Egg' ices by pouring orange juice into sphere-shaped ice molds (we did this and added a small around of red food color to make it more orange and they came out so nice actually)
  • It probably wouldn't be too hard to replicate the ability drinks with printed labels, kool-aid or similar drink mix, sturdy food storage bags, straws and strong rubber bands to secure the bags really well.
  • ???? What do you all think?

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
  • Have a door prize game where you post a printout of a super-close turf war judging screen and have everyone put their name in a box corresponding to the side they think won. Then draw a random name from the winning basket to determine who wins the prize.
Don't do one that's super close; that would feel unfair. Do one that's 50% to 40% or something, but looks extremely close.

• ???? What do you all think?
irl tableturf is a must. with legos, maybe?

Bennet

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
can someone please tell me what this is about?

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
if we want to do this we can have "SPROM" Splatoon prom

Bennet

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
If I am ungrounded soon I can host the private lobby!

TOD13

Senior Squid
Pronouns
he/him
for food, maybe we could do the stuff from the Crust Bucket and Crab N' Go?
(on the topic of the Crust Bucket, am i the only one who JUST NOTICED that the buns of the Seanwich are made out of tempura shrimp? i've been playing this game for 3 years y'all)
or at very least recreations of some of the drinks (this might be more feasible since we can just make them out of juice/soda)

Beckett.

Semi-Pro Squid
(on the topic of the Crust Bucket, am i the only one who JUST NOTICED that the buns of the Seanwich are made out of tempura shrimp? i've been playing this game for 3 years y'all)
or at very least recreations of some of the drinks (this might be more feasible since we can just make them out of juice/soda)
damn it your signature got that song stuck in my head

Bennet

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
details are important

TOD13

Senior Squid
Pronouns
he/him
a few of the drinks from the Crab-N-Go are really vague about what they are (i.e. Ma's Special Blend), but a lot of them are obvious (Cherry Apple Fizz, Sub Lime) so we should probably stick with the easy to guess ones for drinks. a few of my ideas:

-Cherry Apple Fizz: half cherry soda, half apple soda
-Matcha Reviver: some sort of energy drink with matcha in it (it's orange in-game for whatever reason)
-Main Mega Pucker Up: something with lemon in it, since it's yellow in-game

Beckett.

Semi-Pro Squid
a few of the drinks from the Crab-N-Go are really vague about what they are (i.e. Ma's Special Blend), but a lot of them are obvious (Cherry Apple Fizz, Sub Lime) so we should probably stick with the easy to guess ones for drinks. a few of my ideas:

-Matcha Reviver: some sort of energy drink with matcha in it (it's orange in-game for whatever reason)
-Main Mega Pucker Up: something with lemon in it, since it's yellow in-game
what about the things floating in the drinks?

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i've been reading the crab-n-go drinks as bubble tea (except for the few that don't appear to have boba)! and i would SO love to have them in real life. (especially matcha reviver. i LOOOOVE matcha so it's a fun coincidence that the drink ticket i use most in-game for the QR would also be the one i'd use most irl for the flavor.) now i wanna learn how to make my own bubble tea at home and recreate some crab-n-go drinks...

that's the only contribution i have though. i am a loser who was invited to a real party exactly once and i said no because i had too much homework 💔

edit: the thought of learning to make boba at home and recreating the ability drinks has consumed my brain. if i snap and come back here/in a new thread like "hey yall i made some drinks to serve at the hypothetical splatoon-themed party!!!" in a few weeks you can't say you didn't see it coming

Last edited:

Bennet

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Main Mega Pucker Up: something with lemon in it, since it's yellow in-game
this one might be pineapple minuet maid (plz no one get mad at me for this idea)
if it is going to be in person just make sure my parents don't know that it is an energy drink (you can say it has caffeine in it but can't say it is an energy drink because my parents are for some reason against all energy drinks)
never heard of an apple soda but I can possibly do two out of three beverages

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom