• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

LMAO @ Online's quality

Setu

This is why we have things called "private rooms" to prevent this. I wouldn't place all of the blame on all Japanese people either lol. I too am sick of trading however.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
But there is a fix for this. Just add regional matchmaking. That's what I'm complaining about here. And even if they do lump North and South America together, it'll still be smoother than playing against Japan or Europe. Literally anything would be a step up from how it currently works, please just stop making me fight Japanese players.
That is not a fix at all. The only way to fix the online is to bend the laws of physic. That said, yes, regional matchmaking would make things a little better.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
This is why I really wish Nintendo would change up the matchmaking so that is focuses on pairing you with local players first before trying to broaden the searhc parameters. Although I do enjoy playing against people from around the world, the simple truth is that I won't have the best connection possible with them. Even then though, Splatoon still runs pretty damn well online, especially compared to other games I have seen released from AAA devs.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
That is not a fix at all. The only way to fix the online is to bend the laws of physic. That said, yes, regional matchmaking would make things a little better.
The main bottleneck is distance. Regional ping is always going to be better than intercontinental ping. I can play TF2 on nearby servers that give me just 30-40 ms ping, which is only 2-3 frames, and never notice anything. Compare that to waiting a full second or more to see my ink show up and tell me regional matchmaking wouldn't help. Of course it would, less distance means less ping. Less ping means less lag. Simple as that.

Undr

Public matches in online games are just like public pools. If you don't want to come across the occasional floating turd, find a private one. Nintendo will eventually open up matchmaking and this should quell most of the issues we're facing.

xTaco

Inkling
Ok when I first bought the game and started playing. Two of my five first matches were disconnected.

I wondered maybe its the wireless, sure enough out of 50 matches i disconnected twice and lagged once.

Go down to microcenter, bestbuy, staples or internet anf buy an adapter.

Mine cost about 13 us dollars. BUY ONE

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
Yup... There is a lot of laggy related problems/ connection errors doing my head in -.- C'mon Nintendo... Fix it please!

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
Most of my matches go without noticeable/any lag, but there's of course those few times where everything must go wrong. I'll try and lay ink down, but it doesn't load, and because I can't swim in it, I usually end up getting splatted. Usually those kinds of matches end with a connection error, however, so it usually doesn't matter in the end. Still pretty annoying, though, when it does happen.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
I've actually had little to no issues at all honestly. There's a lot less lag here than there was in Smash Bros, so that's a good thing.

Yea, I've had some matches where I either get booted, or hit by a lag spike, but a good 98% of the matches I've played have been fine.

Threevenge

Inkling
NNID
threevenge
I've had maybe 4-5 connection failures so far but when everyone else in the match is in Japan it's to be expected (though it is still frustrating).

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
I trade kills about 70 percent of the time I face Japanese players, get shot through walls, die when their Dynamo Roller shot clearly didn't hit me etc... But I was able to hop backwards over and kill a Japanese roller that was sneaking up behind me without getting lag splatted, so that was pretty cool. Laggy rollers are easy to avoid, it's the Blaster and Gal players that are a pain.

Undr

The best ones are were you're killed by a Jr. from across the map. Walleye is really prone to this in my experience. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom