• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Looking for advice from A+/S rank Tentatek users.

Ellen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EllenM92
Also, if you add me as a friend, (My NNiD is KaiAedyn) than you can order them from me since I have the exact pair of shoes you want.
OOH. I will add you then! Also never hurts to have more people to play with! Thanks man!

EDIT: added you, my NNID is EllenM92 since your option to get friend requests is disabled. :)

Last edited:

Jazzy-Squid94

Inkling
NNID
Justinius94
Got up to S+ 99 with mostly ttk and some eliter and been there for months also played a few tournaments so this what I've picked up on the way:
-General load out I have been using now for a month or two: Pure defender hat, Pure run Speed tee, and Ink resistance shoes with 3 subs swim. Okay now to explain why I run such a load out ttk imo should either be one of the first to be playing objective which results in being right in the action alot of the time and is why the defence comes in handy during exchanges or mid range defence/offence around the objective (never go to deep but instead bait others into coming into your range). The run speed just helps a ton when doing one on one confrontations or out manoeuvring other players (movement is imo as important as aim for this weapon so I'd make sure it's crisp), the run speed also helps on quite a few maps for me like bridge and camp for objective and just moving around quickly. Ink resistance i have just for those situations I get caught out in enemy ink or go for flanks as it gives me a bit more time to get kills before dying, the swim speed just like run i for general manoeuvring and pushing RM etc.
- RM: I'd suggest with the load out I posted being the main carrier but try to be patient at the start aim to get three of the opposition down before pushing. If you are not the one carrying stay close behind or a bit in front of the carrier act as a mine detector alerting the rest to danger then disarming said danger if possible don't take the long range offensive till you have zooka once you get zooka aim for the harder to approach weapons like Dynamo, splattering and charger users first if applicable as they often end pushes quickly.
TC: Quick solo q strat for warehouse (has like a 50/50 chance of working not to be used for comp as too risky) go towards grating stick to the up left path and their ramp on the left side and come from the back (this will normally get at least 2-3 off guard sometimes wipes). Okay now for general stuff I try to do, you'll most likely have to ride the tower a fair amount but like rm be patient and take at least 3 enemies out before doing this at the start during the match try to have zooka ready before getting on tower as it's great for despatching long range weapons who can pick you off safely otherwise, it's also extremely useful for killing enemies making the way back. If someone's already on tower don't get on in most situations you'll be more useful despatching people flanking of threats ahead (though extra time situations may require you to jump tower).
SZ: Generally for single area zones I focus in the beginning on getting zone while wiping the enemy if this works then I'll focus my attention on creating a perimeter that main focus is to cut of the enemy from zone (so resist the urge to kill chase people too deep into their area). Dual zones I'd just being more on the offensive in the enemies side but again resist over extending as a more tight knit defender is often better then a large on easy to slip through.
- extra info: main thing that separates really good ttk players from alright ones is movement when in a skirmish so just try to make sure thats super solid and sorry if this is messy did it on my phone while on a train.

NNID
KaiAedyn
OOH. I will add you then! Also never hurts to have more people to play with! Thanks man!

EDIT: added you, my NNID is EllenM92 since your option to get friend requests is disabled. :)
If I can't receive I can't give, remember that. You have to add me too. My NNiD is KaiAedyn.

nomikos

Inkling
NNID
i0nian
The first thing that is important to understand about the Tentatek is that it succeeds under the presence of momentum. This weapon is not really meant to get the opening kills that allow your team to push, and instead gets kills to sustain a push. Flanking 24/7 is not really advised. You can get away with it in solo queue because... it's solo queue... but focus on objective primarily and flank secondarily. Watch a few streams and see how the weapon is played at a high level. Compare the footage to how you play, make notes and focus on improving those weaknesses. The rest is honestly just grinding the weapon.

In terms of kits, the Tentatek has the luxury of being one of if not the most gear-independent weapon in the game. So you have some freedom to use what you want. The kits that I most often use are down below... Your kit's primary focus should be mobility, then either ink management (no more than a main of ink recovery is necessary), or special perks. If fall-off is annoying to you, add a main of damage. Don't bother countering defense up, it isn't worth it.

Last edited:

Ellen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EllenM92
The first thing that is important to understand about the Tentatek is that it succeeds under the presence of momentum. This weapon is not really meant to get the opening kills that allow your team to push, and instead gets kills to sustain a push. Flanking 24/7 is not really advised. You can get away with it in solo queue because... it's solo queue... but focus on objective primarily and flank secondarily. Watch a few streams and see how the weapon is played at a high level. Compare the footage to how you play, make notes and focus on improving those weaknesses. The rest is honestly just grinding the weapon.

In terms of kits, the Tentatek has the luxury of being one of if not the most gear-independent weapon in the game. So you have some freedom to use what you want. The kits that I most often use are down below... Your kit's primary focus should be mobility, then either ink management (no more than a main of ink recovery is necessary), or special perks. If fall-off is annoying to you, add a main of damage. Don't bother countering defense up, it isn't worth it. Defense builds are also good, I just personally don't enjoy them.

This. You explained it better than I did, LOL. Objective and flanking (when necessary) are the name of the game. And ah man, I keep thinking about running special saver... But I am one of those people who use a defense tentatek, lol

Last edited:

Spectre13

Inkster Jr.

In terms of kits, the Tentatek has the luxury of being one of if not the most gear-independent weapon in the game. So you have some freedom to use what you want. The kits that I most often use are down below... Your kit's primary focus should be mobility, then either ink management (no more than a main of ink recovery is necessary), or special perks. If fall-off is annoying to you, add a main of damage. Don't bother countering defense up, it isn't worth it. Defense builds are also good, I just personally don't enjoy them.

What would your view be of running the pure swim, red high tops with 3 swim speed and a pure quick respawn instead of the special saver? Or an ink recovery main?

Ellen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EllenM92
What would your view be of running the pure swim, red high tops with 3 swim speed and a pure quick respawn instead of the special saver? Or an ink recovery main?
I know you asked them, but I'll just say that I don't think ink efficieny abilities are needed. Quick respawn is good if you find that you trade a lot.

Spectre13

Inkster Jr.
I know you asked them, but I'll just say that I don't think ink efficieny abilities are needed. Quick respawn is good if you find that you trade a lot.
Okay thanks, I've been running a pure quick respawn for a while and I'm not sure if it's having an effect or not yet, I was just looking for more abilities to possibly run.

nomikos

Inkling
NNID
i0nian
I'd advise either stacking some ink recovery and damage, 2 mains of run speed, or some defense instead of quick respawn. The tentatek should not be dying enough to need quick respawn. If you are constantly dying every match, you're playing wrong. Your weapon has heavy depletion, and zooka is key for the tentatek. If you want to succeed with the weapon, you need to understand the intricacies of the weapon, and understand that you need to die less than other weapons. Otherwise you will not be effective, and you might as well use another weapon.

Ellen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EllenM92
I'd advise either stacking some ink recovery and damage, 2 mains of run speed, or some defense instead of quick respawn. The tentatek should not be dying enough to need quick respawn. If you are constantly dying every match, you're playing wrong. Your weapon has heavy depletion, and zooka is key for the tentatek. If you want to succeed with the weapon, you need to understand the intricacies of the weapon, and understand that you need to die less than other weapons. Otherwise you will not be effective, and you might as well use another weapon.
The goal is always to die less, for sure. But if you're focusing on zooka, wouldn't special charge be better, maybe even coupled with tenacity? Special saver requires you to die for it to come into effect, so for more aggressive tentateks who will be dying more (especially in higher ranks), I think that's when special saver works best. When you die, special saver is great because of the weapon's heavy depletion, if you're alive more than everyone else idk if it's as effective. That's why I don't run it. But that's just my opinion. :S I hope I didn't come off as rude as it was not my intention.

nomikos

Inkling
NNID
i0nian
The goal is always to die less, for sure. But if you're focusing on zooka, wouldn't special charge be better
The problem with special charge up is that it doesn't do much of anything, and is honestly useless on everything that is not a zimi or dynamo. You're shouldn't focus on zooka, but it is one of the reasons that the weapon is well rounded and it allows the Tentatek to push so effectively. Yes special saver obviously requires one to die, but it is still the most useful special perk for the tentatek. Keep in mind that the weapon is mid-close range and many things outrange it, and a single death that was out of your control being partially countered by even a lone main of special saver does much more than what stacked special charge will do. It's weakness is recuperating from a push, and it is meant to do that instead of getting more zookas.

s_miyahon

Inkster Jr.
Ink Recovery Up, Cold Blooded and Ink Resistance should be abilities that you could try out. Ink Recovery is universally useful to have a constant presence on the map and get maximum ink efficiency. Ink Resistance is great on ttek because as a short range weapon, you're gonna get into enemy ink often, and you need it to effectively maneuver yourself. Cold blooded on ttek helps it to both successfully push and ambush, both of which are key to winning games with ttek. You could also consider Special Saver, because Inkzooka is a fantastic special to make get some vital kills or at the very least stop the enemy team from pushing. In terms of using the ttek, I personally would advice you boy to just walk up to the enemy, you'll either end up trading or just plain losing most of the time. Try to get the jump on people, pick fights you know you have the advantage in. Use suctions strategically to flush out the enemies or just be annoying in general. If you can master the ttek you'll be unstoppable in ranked, so good luck!

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
If I could I would sport all run speed but don't have pure gear so some of my abilities are damage up and ink recovery.
For me it's most important to manuever around the enemy. I always watch to see what weapons the other team has and when I see a 96 or squelcher I know I can't go head on bc they will crush me. I have to be able to get around them to kill esp ones using walls. I also have +5 sensor.
I also sneak up on snipers without showing ink coming up to where they are perched.
Last but not least I watch Fuzzy on twitch. He is an awesome player who uses the same gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom