• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Lost Outpost Discussion

What do you think of the new Salmon Run map Lost Outpost?

• Love it!

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • It's OK

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Any idea if we can stand on the walls? I keep forgetting to do that. Would be useful during griller and gold rush waves. Meanwhile, it repeatedly amuses me whenever a more seasoned teammate hops over a walls or jump through a window when bringing back an egg. Especially during those clutch moments when we need that last egg! Trying to play a hero? Fine, you earned your "Booyah!" love.

Playing with randoms (again), it's such an absolute necessity to call out to one another. Lest you want to just swim laps around the entire building then stumble upon your team getting swarmed. Or they're chasing after you, calling for help while you're chasing after them. Or when the basket sets up on the shore.

Oh, but I got paired with a few awesome teams where we all seemed to be thinking on the same level! Supremely satisfying instances when someone already knew or caught on that we should ink the windows and walls from both sides. Those teams also make me believe Salmon Run needs some added "I'm on my way!" "I'm on my way!" and "Let's get $@&# outta here!" buttons. Especially the latter when we met our quota, the outpost is overrun, so we rapid spam "Booyah!" for danger as we bounce out the nearest window or hop over the closest wall, then reconvene to a squid party and dance at center when the wave is over.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Tried it for until I got my superbonus and I'm pleasantly surprised. The map feels great. More challenging, but really great. The windows are AMAZING for getaways when you're in the third wave and the center gets overrun or when you really need to get your buttocks in there asap to deliver that last golden egg.

I agree with everyone that it's harder to spot bosses now and I'm always grateful whenever my teammates actually communicate when they spot an enemy instead of trying to solo everything. At the Profreshional-tier, this is borderline suicidal depending on the weapon and bosses. The only spot that is really annoying to me, personally, is the ...uh....grate-field. Where there's like only three patches that are NOT a death trap for swimmers. Got mobbed by chum a few times there while low on ink. This, and 1-2 flyfish? Confirmed not fun 0/10. Otherwise a very decent map in my eyes.

Today's weapons were mostly okay. Always happy to be the charger (unless getting swarmed by goldflies), having a blast with the Blaster and the Splash-o-matic was decent. Hated the Nozzlenose mostly for its constant need of me spamming ZR which hurt my fingers.

Not looking forward to the next SR though, another damned ink brush... just, why.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
The only spot that is really annoying to me, personally, is the ...uh....grate-field. Where there's like only three patches that are NOT a death trap for swimmers. Got mobbed by chum a few times there while low on ink. This, and 1-2 flyfish? Confirmed not fun 0/10. Otherwise a very decent map in my eyes.
Yep, decided to not bother with that area first time I saw it. I just risk everything coming ashore up to me, rescue teammates, or brave in and grab a egg before running away screaming.

Not looking forward to the next SR though, another damned ink brush... just, why.
I love the inkbrush! But in Salmon Run... in Salmon Run... well in Salmon Run, when the base is overrun and your teammates are going down it's like the opening scene in 28 Weeks Later (violence warning). Preemptive apology to future teammates standing by!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Playing with randoms (again), it's such an absolute necessity to call out to one another. Lest you want to just swim laps around the entire building then stumble upon your team getting swarmed. Or they're chasing after you, calling for help while you're chasing after them. Or when the basket sets up on the shore.
Even playing with my friends we needed to use "this way!" a lot to keep ourselves on point. The randoms I played with also were pretty good about signals on this map. I like to think most people will understand that the lack of visibility requires more call outs. I hope so anyway. ;) ... :oops:

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I love the inkbrush! But in Salmon Run... in Salmon Run... well in Salmon Run, when the base is overrun and your teammates are going down it's like the opening scene in 28 Weeks Later (violence warning). Preemptive apology to future teammates standing by!
Oh well, you see, I love the idea of the ink brush and all it's variants. I'd absolutely LOVE to play this weapon regularly. It's just that I can't use weapons which require me to spam ZR really hard because my fingers start hurting and get worn out very fast. :|

Every time I got the Octobrush during my first runs of SR I was already apologizing so hard to my (future) teammates because I might hold my own for....maybe five runs, then I'll swing it way too slowly for it to be effective. On the other hand I can repay my debt using almost literally every other weapon which doesn't require me to spam said button. :c

CM86

Pro Squid
Three ideas to modify this map, which probably won't happen.

1.) The place with all the grates needs to be a little more forgiving especially when flyfish are hanging around there. Why not just make a single inkable path that goes all the way to the water and then both sides of this path is just all grates (If you can imagine what I am thinking)?

2.) It would be neat if the middle had inkable stairs that could take you above the closed in area so you could see where the bosses come from. To balance this out, I would make the very top where you stand to be uninkable so you can't camp up there.

3.) The doorways that lead out of the middle room are interesting. Be neat if they put the sponges that get larger when you shoot ink in them next to the doorways as a way to block the enemy off just for a couple seconds. To clarify the sponges would block the doorways completely. The windows would still be open though.

They will never do these ideas but its nice to think about possible changes anyway. ;)

Oh and I actually really like low tide on this map, but I always forget which side it is on.

Lyn

Premium
I haven't gotten to play on it yet, but I find the concept very intriguing and it looks fun!

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
So I just got 275% today on it and here are some of my TIPS:

- The back window can be a nice shortcut (warning: doesn't work on high tide)
- Stand on high back plat if you get glowflies/grillers chasing you (jump out of window occasionally if there's too much pressure)
- You can camp the walls if the glowflies are on you for a BIT, however, the salmonoids will eventually jump 10m in the air and knock you off, so you can't do it forever

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I love inkbrushes because you can just speed over grates. I love it doubly so in high-tide Spawning Grounds.
I love the brushes too...! Although the Inkbrush is a weak weapon in comparison to most of Salmon Run's arsenal, it makes up for it with its excellent nimbleness and speed! Makes for one of the best egg collecting weapons. :3

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
I love the brushes too...! Although the Inkbrush is a weak weapon in comparison to most of Salmon Run's arsenal, it makes up for it with its excellent nimbleness and speed! Makes for one of the best egg collecting weapons. :3
It's also great for keeping up with the goldie during the goldie-hunt waves if there's a lot of enemy ink around

Jon914

Pro Squid
Had a couple close calls today.

- 1st round glowflies. We were positioned correctly, but at some point, 2 teammates splatted, and I used Inkjet just as the 3rd teammate splatted. We survived.

- I was going after a steelhead at the end of one of the narrow dead-end piers (a bad idea in retrospect). It threw a bomb behind me, so I had to move forward, towards the dead-end, which wouldn't be an issue except that 2 maws were headed my way. I escaped by going to the end of the pier (while touching the steelhead) and u-turning.

I like the map overall and get a kick out of surviving in the final seconds when the center room is swarmed and you're the last one alive.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
It's interesting if nothing else. The building limiting your visibility is a really neat idea, testing how well you can communicate with your team, but I tend not to have such luck with randoms.

Also I swear that stupid grate area is always guaranteed to have at least 1 Flyfish spawn, it makes dealing with them a real hassle.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm actually enjoying it a bit more now. Thanks to the fact that I've had some good teams. Which might've been because people got used to it more by now?

At any rate, Mothership and Goldie waves are easy peasy and always end up with at least 2x the required haul. On the other hand, I don't think we've survived a single Glowfish or Griller wave. Although for Glowfish that might be because for some reason my team doesn't stick together in this map.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
I think it's a cool map, I'm not completely in love with it yet, but it'll take some getting used to for that to happen.
Yep, just as I thought, I'm totally in love with it now. Maybe it's just the fact that the weapons are so good right now, but I think it's a really unique map to play on!

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Yep, just as I thought, I'm totally in love with it now. Maybe it's just the fact that the weapons are so good right now, but I think it's a really unique map to play on!
Yup, the weapons in today's Salmon Run are absolutely great! They're all efficient and strong in their own way. :D I'm not great with the Luna Blaster, however... I always overestimate its range. :oops:

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I got a speck of it this morning, otherwise my opinion hasn't really formatted on how it exceeds me. It does vaguely remind me of the Mario Kart battle stages where you are in the haunted mansion, that is what I'd say for it now. Another thing I can see if you have less places to hide in ink, and force to strand yourself on the grid while collecting eggs.

Again, will have to play more to have a better opinion on this.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
At any rate, Mothership and Goldie waves are easy peasy and always end up with at least 2x the required haul. On the other hand, I don't think we've survived a single Glowfish or Griller wave. Although for Glowfish that might be because for some reason my team doesn't stick together in this map.
Day one, I lost Glowflies rounds horrendously every time. Seems my team had no idea what they were doing, and we all died in seconds. But yesterday we apparently had it all figured out (and had a better weapon set) and absolutely swept them every time. It was glorious.

I didn't get Motherships or Grillers a single time yesterday. The first time I played I lost both horrendously every time, and frankly I still have no idea how to do Grillers on that map. However, it's the easiest time I've ever had at Goldie Seeking (though it was high tide, which helps a ton).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom