• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Lost Outpost Discussion

What do you think of the new Salmon Run map Lost Outpost?

• Love it!

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • It's OK

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Jon914

Pro Squid
I've gone through 10 griller rounds since the new map debuted and finally won my first one last night. When I was being targeted by 2 Grillers, I survived by climbing in and out of one of the windows to stall them.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Day one, I lost Glowflies rounds horrendously every time. Seems my team had no idea what they were doing, and we all died in seconds. But yesterday we apparently had it all figured out (and had a better weapon set) and absolutely swept them every time. It was glorious.

I didn't get Motherships or Grillers a single time yesterday. The first time I played I lost both horrendously every time, and frankly I still have no idea how to do Grillers on that map. However, it's the easiest time I've ever had at Goldie Seeking (though it was high tide, which helps a ton).
Yesterday the Dualies and the Aerospray were in rotation, so Glowflies should've been easy enough, but no dice...
And as for Grillers...yeah. You can dodge them easily enough, but it seems no one can hit them on the back well enough in that map. And I had some good teams last rotation too.

Jon914

Pro Squid
Today's rotation (Splattershot, Jet, Sloshing Machine, Rapid Blaster) is pretty nice! (That said, I've lost more than expected.)

On a weird note, am I the only one having trouble reviving teammates with the Sloshing Machine? I have to step back a bit, which doesn't help when they instinctively crawl up to your feet...

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
On a weird note, am I the only one having trouble reviving teammates with the Sloshing Machine? I have to step back a bit, which doesn't help when they instinctively crawl up to your feet...
I had the same problem today! Other than that the weapons were fine imo, the rapid blaster is a little hard to work with, but manageable!

On another note, I actually find the grillers the easiest in this stage. You just watch who it's following, and if they stay in the building area, you should be able to predict which opening they'll come through. After that you just wait on the side of that opening, and then shoot at its tail as it passes by. Now if you're the one being targeted, I'd recommend staying inside the building and hope your teammates catch onto this!

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
My favourite strategy for the Griller wave in Lost Outpost is to paint one of the tall walls and use it as a refuge if you're being targetted by a Griller. :3 I love it! As long as your teammates hit the fish tails quickly enough, that is... x*)

I have grown to like this stage a lot the past few Salmon Runs... :) I have one qualm with it, though, the big grate area... A flyfish or two always seem to spawn there, a recipe for disaster. D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom