Mafia 1 | D2

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
ebwop: Reading over that post again makes it sound like my read is really conflicted. Just for clarification: h.JC= strong lean scum.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
VT?

Sorry I'm too lazy to go back and find that post with all the vocab in it.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
L-2/L-1 within 16 hours of a day seems appropriate enough to claim.
You said so before you weren't planning on going down without a fight. Why throw in the towel right now? By claiming, you pretty much just accepted that you were going to be today's candidate for lynching. I'd rather see a formal claim than someone handing in their resignation.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
I feel like you're reading me as scum for not being overly specific. You've asked three questions to which I felt there would be obvious answers. Since that may not be clear, I'll point them out:
a) After listing off two or three things I didn't like JeXs's play, you ask me if I think he's scummy.
b) After defending Boss, you ask me if I think he's town
c) After saying there isn't really any factual evidence to go after JeXs over you for the advice-giving, you find it suspicious I didn't clearly say it was a gut read.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Argh. Reading all of this is making my head hurt XD

I think it may be easier for all of us as players to make reads on each other if, instead of posting giant walls of text, we were to separate these things out from one another (i.e. multiple posts for multiple points). It is just completely obnoxious trying to read posts such as Drez's accusations of Bossanova and h.JC simply because they are walls of text.

Anyway, atm my main read on Drez is somewhat scummy simply due to how stubborn he is being with h.JC. It seems like he is looking at one side of the argument alone as opposed to both like Bruce Squillis is, and it feels almost too much like a definitive read for a day 1 accusation for me not feel suspicious. I will give you some time to try and redeem yourself but ATM you feel more like scum than not.

tl;dr: Loose read change: Drez=Null-->Scum
Those wall of text are singular reads, though.
Drez's push isn't half bad, and I commend him for taking the initiative this early in the game. I think his push has proven the most fruitful from all other pushes made toDay. But from the perspective of a new-player, your read is understandable, sort of.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Ebwop, whoops, I meant powerless as in roles. He doesn't have a power role.
oh lol. best misinterpretation ever by me.
Those wall of text are singular reads, though.
Drez's push isn't half bad, and I commend him for taking the initiative this early in the game. I think his push has proven the most fruitful from all other pushes made toDay. But from the perspective of a new-player, your read is understandable, sort of.
Eh. Better late than never. Anyway, I've moved away from suspecting him... for now at least. He is null for me atm.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
The only qualm I have with votes for squid have to do with the fact that he's practically inactive. There's not a lot to go off from that slot. Bossanova's pushing something about him being a lot smarter than he looks, and I'm not really buying that. I mostly take people's appearances in-game at face value, but at the same time, I try to not underestimate people.
Also, activity is never really indicative of alignment.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
The main reason that it is resulting in me being suspicious is because it is mid-week and he is lives in the same country as me (meaning that there is nothing that would legitimately take up a full day). IDK. I might be being a little hasty. It is just eratic atm.

##unvote

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
About Bruce, the main thing sticking out is that he starts scum reading me immediately after Boss. That could be a townie following a player he agrees with on a read. But one thing that makes me look at him is that he mentions I had African American as null, rather than a town lean. He states that he views my read as null because I didn't state why. This is his own belief, which isn't true, since he's not me. That's fine that he doesn't believe I read someone else a certain way, but he uses it to attack me for a lack of reads and not trying to progress. I don't know why a townie would lie about someone else's read, which is why I'm bothered by this.
I'm sorry it appeared that way. I can't really prove I was already formulating a scum read for you at the time, but I can point to bringing up you name and talking to you with JC. I think I cleared up the last couple points earlier, but I'll say it again. Earlier you mentioned reading A.A.'s tone and perspectives as town. I really want to know what about his town, and what specific perspectives make him appear town to you. So, I can't really buy your read until you support it with something textual, in other words: it's kind of null imo. I'm attacking the read, not you. Your read isn't the best, you're fine.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Miragi, if I had to pick now, I'd probably vote for Drez.

However, I just remembered a post where somebody went "if i had to pick scum, it'd be from [three names]". I'm going to go find who did that, because I feel it could easily be a 2town1scum post.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
The main reason that it is resulting in me being suspicious is because it is mid-week and he is lives in the same country as me (meaning that there is nothing that would legitimately take up a full day). IDK. I might be being a little hasty. It is just eratic atm.

##unvote
I've come to learn people are usually busy. Not everyone has time to play consistently, and I don't go after people because they don't have the time.

For instance: I got Windwaker HD today. I'll be back in a while, lol.

But, for future reference, you might not want to pull too many double-stops with your votes. Voting and unvoting someone almost immediately looks fairly scummy. Scum are usually uncertain of how their votes will be perceived by the general town, so they may revoke their votes sooner than the average town player for the simplest of explanations/ opinions.
Just a tip-

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
You mentioned in your post that I didn't wanna seem to like I figured the game and you're slightly true, but if the gun were to my head I'd bet the scum were in Squid/Bruce/JeXs, though I'm not saying there are any partner tells or anything like that, they're just who I suspect the most.
Oh, that was Boss. Hm. I do feel a bit better about the train on him now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom