Mafia 1 | D2

JeXs

Inkling
Yeah... don't do that :p It's actually not nice to players who don't have as much free time as we do to continuously check the thread over and over again.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
I don't think many of us have enough data to make a reasonable vote tbh. Day 1 is just so hard as there is so little data to go off of.

Squid Master

Inkling
IDK who to vote for yet but I don't want it to be left too late to vote and let an Innocent get lynched.

##VOTE:Bossanova
Inactivity and I don't like Mod kills

Last edited:

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
IDK who to vote for yet but I don't want it to be left too late to vote and let an Innocent get lynched.

VOTE:Bossanova
Inactivity and I don't like Mod kills
You got the voting format wrong. Yoloswag posted about it a page or two ago. If you want the vote to be counted, do that.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
If we are the most suspicious of the players that haven't posted, it is not good to kill them, because the modkills works as a free lynch in our favor without a night kill to balance it out. Because of this, if it wouldn't immediately end the game, killing a different player is optimal. With 9 players and 2 scum, 2 modkills a lynch and a nightkill brings us to 5 player. Assuming we whiff all of it, it is lylo, which still does not end the game.

Bossanova

Inkling
Hi. Sorry for the inactivity but I've been busy with other matters to attend to. I'm giving the game a full read right now and I'll make a catchup post compiling my thoughts ASAP.

I hope I've caught up, and I am so having a hard time reading anyone in this thread ;;;

The only one saying anything suspicious is xCoCo due to the constant "maybe I am maybe I'm not" posts, but IDK if I'm just reading the hidden meaning wrong ;;;
what is your experience with mafia?

okay so as a quick summary:

-while i typically support lynching inactives, we are OFFICIALLY down to two (one if bossa pulls through). this is a good number early D1 and not worth considering an inactive policy imo.

-WE HAVE TIME. if in 48 hours theres still as much (lack of) direction as there seems to be, we can scramble. but we have tiiiiiiime atm.

-i currently have no scum reads, but squid's recent posting is sorta rubbing me the wrong way. hes really short and not really explanative. marigi hasnt been super explanative either, but hes been open about his mindset in the game and seems like hes tryna make some scumhunting happen. for example, squid says "we should start voting." thats good. but unless his experience is, like coco, just epicmafia, i dont see where his feelings of "lets start voting" would stem discussion. idk.

if i were to lynch one player RIGHT NOW, id say squid, but seriously yo we got time :)

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Yeah, I'm not sure I get SquidMaster both wanting to vote people (presumably to generate discussion) and then voting for a player that doesn't bring anything to the actual game (the entire conversation has been on general policy of inactivity).

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
##Unvote. Marigi got his head in the game.

I don't think many of us have enough data to make a reasonable vote tbh. Day 1 is just so hard as there is so little data to go off of.
I'm only disagreeing with this. There's currently one definite inactive player, and one player who says he'll fix his inactiveness. So, eight out of the nine people who signed up will be potentially active. One of those eight people, by default, is scum. Judging by the information in the thread, I'd actually say we have tons of information to vote off of for a day 1 lynch. Re-reading the thread reveals a lot. When the town is stuck, and when it's barely making any progress, I always recommend people dig for posts that stick out to them considering the recent developments. Looking back on what's already been said might reveal inconsistencies the town missed.

ebwop accidentally clicked post reply.

...id say that thats more of a town tell. i like his play thus far and it seems like hes tryna get us moving forward (since were basically on square 1)

##Unvote. Marigi got his head in the game.

I'm only disagreeing with this. There's currently one definite inactive player, and one player who says he'll fix his inactiveness. So, eight out of the nine people who signed up will be potentially active. One of those eight people, by default, is scum. Judging by the information in the thread, I'd actually say we have tons of information to vote off of for a day 1 lynch. Re-reading the thread reveals a lot. When the town is stuck, and when it's barely making any progress, I always recommend people dig for posts that stick out to them considering the recent developments. Looking back on what's already been said might reveal inconsistencies the town missed.
this

bulletin to those who are newer to forum mafia: REREADING THE THREAD IS A CRUCIAL FACTOR TO A SUCCESSFUL EXPERIENCE. there will be things you forget as the game progresses, and the reason we're not allowed to edit (or delete...) posts is cuz of that ability to read back. so feel more than free to read back!

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
But what exactly do you like about JC's play thus far? Anything specific? I'm not actually a huge fan of the back-and-forth thing he has going on with Coco. It shouts indecisiveness, and uncertainty. The reason I was poking him after his unvote on Coco was to see if he'd actually revert his vote back to Coco once Squid showed up and explained his actions. He didn't immediately do so, but he said he might in the future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom