Mahi Mahi Map Analysis

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So I've so far played this stage a little and noticed some squids are having some difficulty so I decided to list some point I personally feel can help those playing this game.

***please note this is just general info this will give you a good idea of which weapon will do the best, and tips for weapon usage

Rollers:
This stage is hard for some rollers, Krakon Splatrollers especially must be cautious, this stage takes the already nerfed :kraken: and make it terrifying since if too close to a ledge you can be pushed into the water, so be weary using this ability very little and super jump if you get too close to the water. However, this stage also can make this weapon terrifying since :squidbeacon: can be place in so many hiding spot and can easily lure enemy inklings into deadly traps.

Carbon rollers on the other hand can do very well here with a speed build, covering territory and splatting those who cross them, however I personally feel that the deco version isn't as effective because of all the different platforms, and the original has :burstbomb:which are useful at pushing out inklings on platforms and the inkzooka to splat chargers and inklings on platforms from a good distance

Splat rollers play in a semi similar way using suction bombs to lure them out, or just hiding it slightly out of their view to splat them (on the side of a ledge or on a barrier near the inkling), and using the :killerwail: to block off route or block reinforcements and give your team the opportunity to take control of the stage

Lastly, dynamo rollers ( I don't play these so....)

Sloshers:
Both the slosher and tri- slosher play in a similar way, guarding off ledges to stop chargers and splatlings, the only difference if sloshers can use burst bomb cancel to intmidate enemies who get to close plus inkstrike to make openings (place close to teamates to provide cover for your team to attack the enemy. Whereas, tri-slosher can use disruptor to weaken enemies up close and, if team allows, go directly to their base and cut off the enemies route with a :bubbler: attack allow you team to close in on them and splat them

The slosher deco plays more defensively and can use it's splash wall to guard charger or make openings for your flank attacks and use the:kraken: with caution to

Lastly the sloshing machine is a best on the little islands in the beginning using it's range to build up it's special to take the middle of the stage, and then when the water drys out to go to the lower levels to rain down ink from below

Chargers
(See Mahi Mahi: sniper paradise: COMMING SOON) although I once again recommend using recon to see where enemies are when you get splatted along with monitoring the map to prevent them from taking you and your team by suprise

Shooters:
Honstly long range shooters with a high amount of ink coverage and speed is great in this area, does really well here since these can stop the advantage of chargers and splatings, items like the duel squelchers, n-zaps, splattershot jr., tentatek splattershot (or it var.), and the splash o' matic, and NEVER keep to one spot, keep moving around and pay attention to the map to be able to wreck your opponent (and makes you feel like your everywhere at once)

Splatlings:
Heavy splating are great here, a carefully placed splash wall can protect you and your teammates from flanks and the balanced charging speed combined with the "rain of doom" makes this one pretty viable tool for this map. The deco version is better for pinpointing enemies for your teammates and (on tower defense or rainmaker) for pushing enemies and protecting your allies
Mini splatling again this plays the same as a splatter shot, but try "peekaboo" tactics and it great mobility (great with run speed or swim speed up) to avoid getting into a splatted when fighting shooters
Hydra splating Use your range like a charger to from afar and provide map coverage to allow you team to move around and provide map coverage to allow your teammates to take the advantage in the game

Blasters

Honestly with all blaster really rely on a.o.e attacks and only direct shot if you know you can win
Blaster honestly this is a great tool it has :disruptor: which makes it nearly impossible for any inkling to escape a barrage, this is very good if they get to close for comfort, or if they try to push you back to your base (also good on chargers soo...:D) and then the killer wail can block off support lines to overwhelm the enemy, but this is best done from behind a wall so (monitoring their ink trail) to splat inklings who don't pay atttention.
The custom blaster is great for revealing locations of enemies and the bubble sheild makes it good for a quick land grab and ally proctection (especially good in tower control and splat zones)

Ranged blasters are great for prevent enmies from using ledges/ platforms to get around, and splat bombs on the custom range blaster are very good for luring out enemies who are hiding for a direct shot.
Luna blaster take advantage of their a.o.e to punish enemies and us inkmines to cover your back an if make traveling a difficult when placed on common inkling paths, when they don't see it.
Lastly the neo luna blaster plays in a similar way to the ranged blaster but can also be use to gain more territory thanks to it amazing impact rate and bomb rush special to cover territory push out enemies and splat those who dare to attack you up close.

Anyways,this took a long time to make this and hope that it can help you. So with that's being said if you have any other tips, or any other advice please share them in the comments below.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Krak-On Rollers have to play much more defensively than normal on Mahi-Mahi and I think that's one thing that makes Mahi-Mahi so difficult for some players. A lot of Krak-Ons are so used to just charging forward in order to use their range and power to push forward. However, with all the high points, Krak-Ons can't push forward like that because they'll be gunned down by a charger or shooter. So they need to take a different approach and be more defensive.

Bazbot

Inkling
NNID
LaSantaTrinidad
This, is pretty great if I do say so myself, but it's weird to me how so many weapons have such effect on one map, ¿si? I can also respect that you have written this all down it's pretty straight up with facts. I read it all the way through, and I noticed some facts that are downright wrong T-T as a noob myself I can't say that all this is true, but here goes nothing: Krakon rollers are TERRIBLE in the long run but as this map is small symmetry wise, rollers would be good here, but if you use a roller like I do, you're bound too get splatted, as of the carbon and splat roller, that part is right. Dynamo however, I'm only level 11 so... ~_~

Slosher users are ****y, I'll say that, the tactic you're saying that might work for you are good-ish considering almost every charger and splatling out range all sloshers, and if they aren't ****y like the sloshers are the sloshers WILL get splatted.

Chargers. *COMING you don't need recon to see where enemy players are, I figured this out while playing, if an enemy; splats your teammate, splats you, or gets stuck in your team's ink, you can see them on the gamepad.

Shooters. There is no weapon with high ink coverage, long range, AND high fire rate, or even if that's not what you mean it's pretty much wrong. The "NEVER keep to one spot" that part is so right it's rightx2. "'A' carefully placed splash wall can protect you and your teammates from 'flanks'" ok ok ok.

Splatlings

[Fine]HeavySplat [X]MiniSplat [X]HydraSplat

Mini splatling can't "Peek-A-Boo" they have a charge, and it would only work on chargers that can't handle a situation like that, even an E-Liter 3k could handle you in that situation, only time it would work is if you get behind a charger or a shooter/splatling/roller/inkbrush/blasterwith a bad reaction time. Hydra splatlings are pretty bad, they charge longer than a splatterscope with the same range, it's like a splatterscope with the charge of an ELiter, but if people refuse to use another weapon, the tactic wouldn't be "you're a charger." because it has more shots, it would be more like "you're a shooter." With a charge of course.

Blasters Xd
Blasters are ****y as well.
"Area Of Effect" <-- that's why
All blasters have it, and may use it to their advantage, but as I have a friend that's level 43 that hasn't played a turf war since he was level 10 (June 16th) he says "turf wars are for the people that give up" and "Go, and never stop." So as I take your information on not only the blaster part, but this whole page, and I say, you play in turf wars. (Not quoted because that's not really what I said.) there are 3 ways to stop a blaster, that hit you with a disruptor,
1. Swim and Super Jump away (it doesn't matter because to the player's screen you will slide while mid-animation.)
2. Splat the blaster, it's not that hard too, even when everything you have is slowed down.
3. Get your teammates there. You're likely to have your teammate near you, on this map.

Blasters aren't good for getting turf. Only the Neo Luna Blaster is, and even then, it's nowhere near any of the weapons, ranged blasters aren't an offensive, they're a defensive. Attacking an opponent on a ledge is not usually effective because more than half of the time you don't know what weapon they have, let alone what they know, like, knowledge of what you have, where you are, and how you deal with things.

I'm done, it took me long enough too type this, T-T I'm just the guy that corrects things that probably aren't even wrong, btw typos make it hard for me too read the text, because I'm not too familiar with English. #BazBoat (yes, BazBoat) XDDD

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
as a noob myself I can't say that all this is true, but here goes nothing: Krakon rollers are TERRIBLE in the long run but as this map is small symmetry wise, rollers would be good here, but if you use a roller like I do, you're bound too get splatted, as of the carbon and splat roller, that part is right. Dynamo however, I'm only level 11 so... ~_~
I'm a Carbon Roller main and how the Carbon Roller performs is based entirely around how the individual plays the weapon. The Carbon Roller is weaker than the other rollers but we're faster. We have speed on our side and we need to utilize that. Carbon Rollers can use stealth to get close to their opponent and quickly splat them before their opponent has time to react. The Burst Bombs can displace or even splat enemies that are high up. I've gotten quite a few kills thanks to my Burst Bombs.

The Carbon Roller is probably the second best roller for this course. The only roller that outperforms it is the Dynamo who can always stay up high. Of course, a couple of Burst Bombs from the side or back can easily displace them as well.

Slosher users are ****y, I'll say that, the tactic you're saying that might work for you are good-ish considering almost every charger and splatling out range all sloshers, and if they aren't ****y like the sloshers are the sloshers WILL get splatted.
Sloshers are actually very good on Mahi-Mahi and they're actually quite powerful. You are very much underestimating the power that a Slosher can have. Like with many weapons, a Slosher's power is entirely dependent on how someone uses it. If a player can't use the Slosher well then it won't be doing well on any course but if you can use it, the Slosher is a force to be reckoned with on Mahi-Mahi. One of my main weapons is the Slosher Deco and I can tell you that it does work exceedingly well on Mahi-Mahi.

When I'm using my Slosher, I can slosh around walls and over them. Even if I cannot killed a sniper, I can easily chase them off their perch which will weaken them and make them vulnerable. If I hit the right spots, a charger has no choice but to jump down because the remaining area is covered in my ink and they cannot jump from platform to platform. Getting up to a charger does require thinking and stealth so if you're the type of player to charge head first, you aren't going to do well with using one... Or any weapon for that matter on Mahi-Mahi because E-Liters own this map just like Moray Towers.

If you know how to play stealthy with your Slosher, you will be a powerful force on Mahi-Mahi.

Hydra splatlings are pretty bad, they charge longer than a splatterscope with the same range, it's like a splatterscope with the charge of an ELiter, but if people refuse to use another weapon, the tactic wouldn't be "you're a charger." because it has more shots, it would be more like "you're a shooter." With a charge of course.
I'm just going to be very frankly honest right now... If you're doing badly with a Hydra on Mahi-Mahi, it is not the weapon's fault. The player is just straight up bad with the Hydra. The Heavy and the Hydra are both good weapons to use on Mahi-Mahi and if a player struggles with them, chances are that it's the player who is not good. Not the weapon itself.

E-Liters can give Hydras a bit of trouble but E-Liters will give everyone a bit of trouble on Mahi-Mahi. Other than that, if you stay up high and closer to your side of the field, you will most likely be fine. You can ink turf and get kills. If you're on the ground and trying to use a Hydra than you just plain don't know how to use a Hydra.

If you are caught by a sniper and your team is doing a good job, you can easy rush up to them and chase them away with a Splat Bomb. Splat Bombs are a savior for the Hydra; they can very helpful in displacing enemies and chasing people off. The thing about the Hydra is that it is very much like the Dynamo... What I mean by that is that people are scared to approach a Hydra. Most will go around and try to get them from behind, which gives the Hydra enough time to react and protect themselves accordingly.

Bazbot

Inkling
NNID
LaSantaTrinidad
Two
I'm a Carbon Roller main and how the Carbon Roller performs is based entirely around how the individual plays the weapon. The Carbon Roller is weaker than the other rollers but we're faster. We have speed on our side and we need to utilize that. Carbon Rollers can use stealth to get close to their opponent and quickly splat them before their opponent has time to react. The Burst Bombs can displace or even splat enemies that are high up. I've gotten quite a few kills thanks to my Burst Bombs.

I'm just going to be very frankly honest right now... If you're doing badly with a Hydra on Mahi-Mahi, it is not the weapon's fault. The player is just straight up bad with the Hydra. The Heavy and the Hydra are both good weapons to use on Mahi-Mahi and if a player struggles with them, chances are that it's the player who is not good. Not the weapon itself.

E-Liters can give Hydras a bit of trouble but E-Liters will give everyone a bit of trouble on Mahi-Mahi. Other than that, if you stay up high and closer to your side of the field, you will most likely be fine. You can ink turf and get kills. If you're on the ground and trying to use a Hydra than you just plain don't know how to use a Hydra
I never mentioned if the carbon roller was bad, heck I only mentioned it once, in one sentence, now I will say that I do use it, and I know how to play with it too. I can't explain how I play because I never play the same twice in a row. I've been trying ranked battles, and I've got too say, your tactics work, with the carbon roller.

Now, I call myself a noob, but actually I've got quite the knowledge on this game, and 10/10 encounters with an enemy Slosher, the slosher user never stops pumping. Not even to retreat with an enemy inkstrike, it's just how I see their nature, they've never proved me wrong. Yet.

I've never used the hydra splatling, but as I'm trying too join a clan, the leader told me too study a video his clan made, it was around 30 minutes long. The categories of weapons faced each other m, so rollers vs rollers, charger vs charger, etc and when it got to around the splatlings, heavy splatling dominated, mini splatling came in second, and hydra third. I wondered why, because the players were near the same skill level. The only map hydra won on was Moray Towers, (For obvious reasons) then I noticed that most of the maps didn't have positions for chargers/hydra. Apparently it was because the hydra had too much charge and not enough range.
It almost literally has a charge of an e liter, (not exactly) and the range of a splatterscope, I already mentioned that because reasons. Otherwise I agree with everything you just said.

yes, I'm obsessed with commas,,,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom