• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Main Power Up and Object Shredder

awedry

Full Squid
Forgive me if this is an obvious question...

With the new Main Power Up ability, some weapons got a "damage up" effect like dualies, the Splattershot Pro, and some splatlings. I'm curious if this creates an effect similar to Object Shredder, if you have enough ability points of Main Power Up. If so I might be inclined to favor Main Power Up because of the versatility.

Also, I'm curious if the effects of Main Power Up and Object Shredder stack, like when popping the Rainmaker shield.

Thanks for any insight!

~A.

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
I like the question.

Just to copy/paste a few notes from SplatoonWiki for reference:

If you look at weapons that receive damage up from main power up. I’m not going to list them all, just a few for examples.

Hydra Splatling (partial charge) and Ballpoint Splatling have a 32dmg per shot base. Main Power Up can get those numbers as high as 33.3dmg per shot. Which I believe is a 4.33% damage increase.

Splat Dualies (including Hero Dualies, Kensas and Enperry) put out 30dmg per shot. They also get damage up and cap at 33.3dmg per shot. That’s an 11.0% increase.

There is definitely an overlap or redundancy between the Main Power Up/damage up and Object Shredder. But Object Shredder still has its separate unique uses that Main Power Up won’t cover.

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
Object Shredder is a huge increase in damage to objects, for only one main. Although granted it’s one foot-specific main, which might be an issue if you want Drop Roller or Stealth Jump. It also affects your non-main weapons, so it could be useful if you want to 2-shot Ballers with Splat Bombs, or cut through the Rainmaker shield with your Special, for example.

Main Power Up affects inklings as well, but you usually need more than one main for a notable effect, plus the increase just isn’t that big.

So it depends on whether you feel that the increased damage to Inklings is worth the extra slots and all the benefits of Object Shredder. Which honestly I don’t.

Although now I’m wondering whether the two effects stack. Main Power Up plus Object Shredder could become a staple in Rainmaker if they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom